Do we need another goalkeeper?

Weedocbhoy60

Scott Bain in between the sticks last night. I thought he wasn't good enough as a first choice. Barkas, our most expensive goalie ever, has problems " settling in" or is it a "crisis of confidence" . Connor Hazard is deemed to be too inexperienced.
This whole goalkeeper thing is another sign of what a shambles our club is in. So, bhoys and ghirls, which goalie would be your first choice ???
Or do we need ANOTHER goalie ? For me we need a new keeper that can handle the pressure and demands of playing for Celtic week in week out.

Just posted this on the transfer thread, may as well go here....

Who identified Barkas as a potential player and who approved his signing? Do we actually know? Was it Lawwell or Hammond, was it lennon?

Lennon is now saying he's not up to speed with the Scottish game, can't deal with the physicality of it and needs to improve ALL aspects of his game before he gets back in the team.

How can we pay £5m for a goalkeeper who needs to improve all aspects of his game before he gets into the team??

Who identified Barkas as a potential player and who approved his signing? Do we actually know? Was it Lawwell or Hammond, was it lennon?

Lennon is now saying he's not up to speed with the Scottish game, can't deal with the physicality of it and needs to improve ALL aspects of his game before he gets back in the team.

How can we pay £5m for a goalkeeper who needs to improve all aspects of his game before he gets into the team??
I also think Taylor falls into this category, who thought this guy would replace KT.

Its been a bit of a farce all three have shown pretty severe weaknesses.

Barkas - Yet to see anything to bring any confidence. For anyone that watched his YouTube reel before his arrival there were warning signs and unfortunately he just hasnt cut it. Wouldnt be surprised if he exits in the summer. Id be glad to take the hit on this. If we are having to pull a 5m player out of the mix to improve all areas of his game then its curtians for him.

Bain- decent keeper but he gets rattled in game. One sketchy moment and he has a spell of flapping till he calms down. If he keeps his cool is the best option we have.

Hazard - its the decision making/positioning and ending up in no mans land. He doesnt seem to be able to hold his own physically. Notably when Naismith was able to push him half way across his goal. Lad is size should be brushing that wee naff aside. He is going to be 23 soon so should be pushing for no1 but at a loan club if we get his contract sorted. If he agrees and we keep him we may get a little bit back in a transfer fee so Id hold onto him for now as its low risk.

So in short. Accept any cut price deal to pack Barkas off to Greece where he will still have some reputation and try again in the summer to bring in a quality keeper.

No other option.

Your question as to who identified Barkas is absolutely fair. It can also be asked about many more recent signings whether loan or permanent. For me those decisions are the root cause of our collapse.

Scott Bain in between the sticks last night. I thought he wasn't good enough as a first choice. Barkas, our most expensive goalie ever, has problems " settling in" or is it a "crisis of confidence" . Connor Hazard is deemed to be too inexperienced.
This whole goalkeeper thing is another sign of what a shambles our club is in. So, bhoys and ghirls, which goalie would be your first choice ???
Or do we need ANOTHER goalie ? For me we need a new keeper that can handle the pressure and demands of playing for Celtic week in week out.
Aye we do 5m doon the stank 😡

I struggle to see the point in castigating our goalkeeper. I side a bit with Shammy in that it is hard to judge him when the whole defence has been a shitshow. However if NL does not rate him (who bought him?) why knock his confidence further or his sale price lower by such a public attack?

Its been a bit of a farce all three have shown pretty severe weaknesses.

Barkas - Yet to see anything to bring any confidence. For anyone that watched his YouTube reel before his arrival there were warning signs and unfortunately he just hasnt cut it. Wouldnt be surprised if he exits in the summer. Id be glad to take the hit on this. If we are having to pull a 5m player out of the mix to improve all areas of his game then its curtians for him.

100% Spot on BBB.

Weeks before Barkas even signed......when we were looking at both him and Robin Olsen from Roma as potential FF replacements......I watched Barkas' 'best of' Youtube highlights and it was clear to anyone with even a basic understanding of what's required from a keeper that this guy was gonnae be money doon the drain.

I remember commenting on here at the time that Barkas looked like he had so many flaws to his game, that we should steer clear and that Olsen was by far the better option.

How anyone at Celtic thought this guy was up to it and that he was worth £5m is a fucking mystery.

It can only be Hammond who is responsible Hoopy for most if not all these signings and he will in my opinion answer to only one man and that man is power hungry Lawwell..
Dermot Desmond created a monster which is now out of control and only he has the power to stop this monster doing anymore damage to our club..
We have had 2 good signings out of £35m but so far nobody has accepted the responsibility for the £30m which has been spent on Julien who for me is an average CB,Polish Paddy not Celtic class,,Ajeti was on fire for 4 -5 games but soon burned himself out,the signing of Barkas on its own is a sacking offence,this was definitely a panic buy..but the way Lawwell has played these signings looks to me like he is willing for the fans to believe these were Lenny,s signings and also very happy for Lenny to take the blame from the fans for these signings..
I think Lenny,s total involvement in any signing is to tell Lawwell what position he needs to cover,story ended..
Lenny has been Lawwells yes man since that Wednesday night he first took charge at Tynecastle,I believe he had the job from that night so long as he did not lose the league Lawwell just needed to know how many strings he had to pull before Lenny started to dance and in the end he dicovered it did not take too many for Lenny to dance to Lawwells attention..
We have paid a very heavy price for these dance lessons..

HH..

100% Spot on BBB.

Weeks before Barkas even signed......when we were looking at both him and Robin Olsen from Roma as potential FF replacements......I watched Barkas' 'best of' Youtube highlights and it was clear to anyone with even a basic understanding of what's required from a keeper that this guy was gonnae be money doon the drain.

I remember commenting on here at the time that Barkas looked like he had so many flaws to his game, that we should steer clear and that Olsen was by far the better option.

How anyone at Celtic thought this guy was up to it and that he was worth £5m is a fucking mystery.
Mystery is a word which does not cover 90% of these signings Shadow, criminallity is the word we should be using here and the person who discovered these signings should walk out the door now..

HH.

I was quite disappointed that Bain was overlooked as the new no1 ,though not as much as he was, yes hes made blunders but hes the best keeper we have at present and should be our no1 imo☘

Back