Driving songs

Homicide by 999
Motorway City by Hawkind ( The whole of the Levitation album)
Living on a knife edge by Hawkwind.
Complete Control by The Clash
Tommy Gun by The Clash
Motor Cycle Emptiness by The Manic Street Preachers
Many, many, many Pogues tunes too, drove aboot Germany in 92 with the Pogues blasting oot

Only one comes to mind but it's my favourite. We shouldn't of been in a car. 5am post sub club. we had a tenner between us and a half bag of tobacco. Mate from Shetland said ma das land rover keys ur in tha drawrr lits gain north .... 4 off we went.
Driving far too fast pissing rain , couldn't see out the windows 7 in the morning with the intro of money for nothing with the howling haunting vocals(sounded that way at the time), slow massive tune. We hit a clear stretch of road on the way to the faithful view point and the clouds parted sun bathed the valley and the big riff kicked in . Everyone bouncing about like zebedee in the car. Stopped at the rest ,smoke and Marley on the way back.
Not big,bright,brave or clever. More immature, reckless and stupid. Thankfully we made it back safe. Can't and will not recommend it.
Special but it gives the shetlander the fear to this day. Reckless in every sense ...lucky

Lennono beat me to it. "Radar Love" is best of all, period. Full stop.

Honorable mention: "Runnin' Down a Dream" by Tom Petty, "Highway Star" by Deep Purple, "Born to Run" (or "Thunder Road") by Bruce Springsteen, "Ramblin' Man" (or "Jessica" or "Midnight Rider") by the Allman Brothers, "L.A. Woman" by the Doors, "Tangled Up in Blue" by Bob Dylan, "Layla" by Derek and the Dominoes, "The Weight" by The Band, "Caravan" by Van Morrison, "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf, the entire "Abbey Road" album by the Beatles . . . there are more, no doubt.

[Yes, I do a lot of road trips -- I hate to fly -- so I make sure I have a lot of music for the road.]
Top class all brill 🎷🎶these are all music to my ears 👂,horse with no name (America) do it again (Steely Dan) you’ve made so very happy (Blood Sweat and Tears) logical song(Supertramp) take me in your arms( Doobie Brothers) kodacrome (Simon /Garfunkel) short people (Randy Newman) by the way (Parody ) subterranean blues (Bob Dylan) hallaujia freedom (Junior Campbell) mannases (Stephen Stills)

Again story from the youth.
My mate was first to pass his driving test and he got a loan of his mum's clapped out 1liter Corsa. With 5 lads in it over bumbs the tires hit the arches regularly so we had tunes we would play

Top class all brill 🎷🎶these are all music to my ears 👂,horse with no name (America) do it again (Steely Dan) you’ve made so very happy (Blood Sweat and Tears) logical song(Supertramp) take me in your arms( Doobie Brothers) kodacrome (Simon /Garfunkel) short people (Randy Newman) by the way (Parody ) subterranean blues (Bob Dylan) hallaujia freedom (Junior Campbell) mannases (Stephen Stills)
Horse with no name! Fuck I've not heard that in 30 years, time for a listen!

Remember bein a passenger in a hillman imp,six of us! ma brother brought some Sudanese grass, which two days earlier, had been growing in a field in Sudan(editor,obviously, ya phuqin idiot!), a kilo cost him a bottle of vodka!,the driver, Davie the bawbag was doin handbrake turns on a spareground at the top of parliamentary road,the windaes were shut, we were stoned out of our nut's listenin' tae dark side of the moon, the handbrake turns stopped when a spewed doon the back of his neck! good times! 🍺

Remember bein a passenger in a hillman imp,six of us! ma brother brought some Sudanese grass, which two days earlier, had been growing in a field in Sudan(editor,obviously, ya phuqin idiot!), a kilo cost him a bottle of vodka!,the driver, Davie the bawbag was doin handbrake turns on a spareground at the top of parliamentary road,the windaes were shut, we were stoned out of our nut's listenin' tae dark side of the moon, the handbrake turns stopped when a spewed doon the back of his neck! good times! 🍺
Yes

Like your taste, mister.

What is your fav song(s) while driving?
To start the ball rolling I would like to nominate Thin Lizzy and Emerald (the live version, of course). I defy anyone to listen to this AND adhere to the speed limit.
"Down from the Glen came the marchin men........."
No favourite for me. It's all to do with the mood you're in at the time.when driving around the town it's usually the radio, on longer drives it's The Floyd. Animals and final cut see me home.

Members online

Back