Dublin v Mayo

Lubos left peg

My mother-in-laws partner is a Mayo man. He's very excited about the final this year, not very confident though. I've been invited over to watch with him. Although Surrey going into tier 3 has put stop to that plan, tier 3 being the highest tier in England. The house is kitted out in the Mayo colours and tricolours. Looks good!! It appears Dublin seem to be the favourites. Going for their 6th Cup win in a row.
Anyone on here a GAA fan?? Whats your thoughts on the match. I was in Dublin in 2017 when Mayo played Dublin in the final. The atmosphere was amazing in the city. Are Dublin the "establishment" club in the GAA?

There are 2 reasons that give mayo a great chance tomorrow
1) I believe the curse that was placed upon mayo football is no longer in play
2) Rumour has it, that the mayo team are going to be blindfolded before they hit the Lúcán spa hotel on there way to Croker in an attempt to help them freezing with the bright lights of Dublin.
Would be great to see Sam on his travels across the Shannon and back in the west again.
Either way the saw doctors and the green and red of mayo will earn them a few bob regardless

There's a lot of reasons why Dublin are so dominant. Most county teams in Ireland hold trials every year to see can they unearth new talent. You would expect anything from 40 to 80 elite club players to try out for the county and even at that, they wouldn't all be "elite". A few years ago when Jim Gavin was the Dublin manager he held a trial and almost 900 players showed up. Now I would argue that you can only put 15 players on at a time, but, and this is the key to dublins success, 5 or 10 minutes into the second half Dublin empty their bench and the players they take on are as good as the ones they take off.
Most of the Dublin team don't work and are like professionals. They train and rest most days whereas other county players are working.
A few years back, the entire province of Ulster had three full time coaches going around schools and clubs carrying out coaching. County Dublin had 1000. Bit of a difference.
Even club teams in Dublin are being run like county teams. I spoke to a man from Dublin recently and he told me that registration for a child at his club cost €150 for the year and they had over 5000 children. My club charges a fiver per child. We would be lucky to have 300 children.
In saying all that, they are not unbeatable and it depends on how Mayo show up for the final mentally. I can see Mayo keepin in touch til at least half time and then the dubs will pull away in the second half. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dublin win by 15 or 20 points.
If I was over the Mayo team I would be telling them to take fuckin lumps outta the dubs and see how they deal with that.

There are 2 reasons that give mayo a great chance tomorrow
1) I believe the curse that was placed upon mayo football is no longer in play
2) Rumour has it, that the mayo team are going to be blindfolded before they hit the Lúcán spa hotel on there way to Croker in an attempt to help them freezing with the bright lights of Dublin.
Would be great to see Sam on his travels across the Shannon and back in the west again.
Either way the saw doctors and the green and red of mayo will earn them a few bob regardless

I would love to know what you're talking about John!!! 🤣🤣

I would love to know what you're talking about John!!! 🤣🤣
Last time mayo won the all Ireland Lubos they were passing through somewhere in mayo when a funeral was taking place.
Of course everyone was out celebrating and the priest was so disgusted that he placed a curse upon them saying they will never see mayo win another all Ireland all the time the players from that team are still alive.
And sure as shit stinks they never have, lost so many.
But I believe that the last survivor of that team has now passed and so I think it is mayo first all Ireland since the curse was placed upon them.
And the lucan Spa Hotel is the first landmark you hit upon entering Dublin from the west of Ireland

Last time mayo won the all Ireland Lubos they were passing through somewhere in mayo when a funeral was taking place.
Of course everyone was out celebrating and the priest was so disgusted that he placed a curse upon them saying they will never see mayo win another all Ireland all the time the players from that team are still alive.
And sure as shit stinks they never have, lost so many.
But I believe that the last survivor of that team has now passed and so I think it is mayo first all Ireland since the curse was placed upon them.
And the lucan Spa Hotel is the first landmark you hit upon entering Dublin from the west of Ireland
There's still one of them alive John.

Latest posts

Back