Dundee v Celtic - Sunday 17 March, Hail Glorious Saint Patrick...all comments here

One of the biggest problems with this team is they overplay things so often in the same slow predictable manner that the opposition can predict the next 2 or 3 passes we're going to make so can anticipate and adjust their positioning to suit.

Watched this with my Da today and I rhymed off 5 of our passes correctly before we even made them so if I can do it you can bet the opposition can see them coming.

HH.
Watched game with my Son he did exactly the same, pass to Broonie then back to Broonie
Then chip it into the box Dundee clear it then reset back to the same, whole game.
The goal well we changed it. We ran at them got to the byline cut back and scored.
We need pace and players who will try to take players on. Wingers who go for the byline not turn away from goal then pass back to Broonie. Not criticising Broonie but it’s to slow and as you say predictable.
Turn up the heat wi pace and take a chance.

HH ☘️

Okay no worries. ?
You are 100% correct East end Bhoy NFL canny take full responsibility for that. Have to say was critical whilst watching not a clever thing to do. Never say in the heat of battle what I now regret in the hour after.
It was a poor game to watch. But also in the clear light I’m now in. 3 points better off but it was poor from the players who crossed the white line. But now onto the horde, time to go hun Skelping. Mon the Hoops.

HH ☘️

That was anti football at its worst. I know Dundee are desperate for points but that was hard to watch. The penalty, which a real referee would have given, might have forced Dundee to open up. But Madhun did what he was there to do,stifle Celtic. How many free kicks did we get?I can't think of many. When he's the ref it's open season on Celtic players. Still three points in the bag. Madhun and his cohorts will be persona non grata at the lodge this week for adding on six minutes. I laughed,whooped, cheered and smoked all at the same time. Happy St Patrick's day
HH Rich[/QUOTE

Maybe the 5 mins extra was more in hope for Dundee than us to score

You are 100% correct East end Bhoy NFL canny take full responsibility for that. Have to say was critical whilst watching not a clever thing to do. Never say in the heat of battle what I now regret in the hour after.
It was a poor game to watch. But also in the clear light I’m now in. 3 points better off but it was poor from the players who crossed the white line. But now onto the horde, time to go hun Skelping. Mon the Hoops.

HH ☘️
We all did , me included , put my hands up to that !!!!!! Just frustrating to watch , down to Dundee not wishing to play, ok , they are fighting for survival which makes it our job to break them down ,we won ,hard work ,but stuck to it ,hh

Disagree. Did he play his best game? No. Was he being constantly mugged by Dundee players all game while the ref ignored it? Absolutely. Watch it again -- each Dundee player should be in jail for assault.

So "utter garbage" is an overstatement. He was flat but luckily he pulled it out at the end.

Your fully entitled to your opinion lcafiero but we're going to have to agree to disagree on this occasion because for a big guy he was getting mugged far too easily far too often and offered next to nothing for most of the game.

For 90+ minutes he was powderpuff when he was put under the least bit of pressure and was getting tangled up with players due to his own clumsy play and poor decision making rather than them being overly physical. His positional awareness was highly suspect at times and again his poor decision making i.e. shooting when he should be passing and passing when he should be shooting was excruciatingly frustrating to watch and pissed off his teammates (see Mikey Johnson screaming at him in frustration at one point).

He's a young guy learning his craft so he's still raw as a player but he needs to toughen up and smarten up quick if he wants to make himself No.1 striker at Celtic because goal aside today that was nowhere near good enough from Eddy.

HH. lcafiero

We were rotten but that was a champions victory today.Seen a few gettin on Lennys case already and the guys just in the door pisses me off

Wouldn't point the finger at Lenny for any of that today, too many players put in poor performances simple as that.

Anyway like many have already said, we got the win, wen't 10 clear and we move on. Need to be better for the visit of the Deady Bears though because we owe them an absolute mauling after the Ibrox debacle.

HH. EB.

Back