Dundee v Celtic, Sunday 28th April 3pm

AJ almost selling the jerseys at the end, clear the ball up the line but no, gives it across to Joe Hart who under pressure hits it and Dundee regain possession, squeaky bum time there. I thought Idah did well holding the ball up when he came on, and GT and Scales had decent games, but fuck that was not a great watch. Thank Christ for Jamesie, Bhoy's a legend no doubt HH

I don't know if I'm just missing what Scales brings to the team due to the fact I think he's a really bad Celtic defender, Dill. But I don't know how he had a decent game. I thought he was one of the worse players on the park.

Why don’t you ask BR that? He’s supposed to be the coaching maestro.
😡😡

Got his subs spot on...after being dominated for the first 15 minutes he brought on Iwata and Idah and we instantly looked better...Hatate hits the post then they score a fortunate own goal....then obviously it becomes a tense affair that we got through in the end to their credit...My only criticism of the maestro is that he never hooked off Kyogo sooner

And breathe. Poor as we were in the second half they didn't look like scoring (and didn't:rolleyes:).
Two wins and two draws from the last 4 games, 3 of which are at home and we're Champions again. Beat Hearts next Saturday and that piles the pressure on them to beat Killie next Sunday, and we know they don't handle pressure very well.

Wow calm down he's been no worse than any of the back 4 today. Get your specs on why is it that the rest of the back 4 keep giving him the fkn ball forcing him to maje runs with it.... He saved us once or twice at the back today ..... Yes his distribution is sometimes not the best but he was as good as any if the back 4 today .....

HH

I'm completely calm. I replied to your Scales comment. You didn't mention any of the other back 4. I would have said the same about AJ, who I thought was poor.
Difference is, Dundee closed AJ down. They allowed Scales to come out from the back and when he did, he lost the ball. Every time.
Every time the ball came into the box he was caught under it.
And he's been consistently poor. That's the difference.

James Forrest has to stay next season even if we buy wingers he’s good for the club and is so humble and his experience is vital and he’s a LEGEND ….that was a hard watch at times but we are one step closer for this important title …..they just asked in sky sports if Forrest is our best winger and mulgrew never said yes or no but I don’t even think it’s a question

A lethargic performance from too many.

I just wish sometimes we would knock the balls in to the channels and turn teams around instead of inviting teams on to us in our defensive third.

Too many negatives for me in spite of getting the points. That was winning ugly…

I don't know if I'm just missing what Scales brings to the team due to the fact I think he's a really bad Celtic defender, Dill. But I don't know how he had a decent game. I thought he was one of the worse players on the park.
I don't think Scales was any worse than too many team mates today and better than a few. His form has plummeted since the winter break but I don't think Rodgers wants to change the CB pairing at this stage of the season. The constant chopping and changing in our defence a few months back caused us problems so I think he is sticking with what we have - even though it is a bit of a struggle for us.

Sadly you were right - the 1st half was our good one! 🤬

Fkn hell pick a good one apart from wee Forrest.... Who by the way has taken some shit in his time too ...... HH

Again...I was replying to your Scales comment.
I already wrote there was no pass marks apart from forrest, in a previous post.
If you had written McGregor or Hatate or O'Riley, I would have said they were shit. You didn't. You said Scales had a good game....which is why I replied about Scales. The same as I replied to DILL 👍

A lethargic performance from too many.

I just wish sometimes we would knock the balls in to the channels and turn teams around instead of inviting teams on to us in our defensive third.

Too many negatives for me in spite of getting the points. That was winning ugly…

Wow calm down he's been no worse than any of the back 4 today. Get your specs on why is it that the rest of the back 4 keep giving him the fkn ball forcing him to maje runs with it.... He saved us once or twice at the back today ..... Yes his distribution is sometimes not the best but he was as good as any if the back 4 today .....

HH
Scales won every header today, he gets a lot of stick and some of it is warranted, but he wasn't the worst today, a lot of players looking jaded today, Dundee are a big team and they use their height and weight to bully teams, I would start Idah against the diets, and let Jamesie run riot against his wee brother. Joe Hart getting booked was a joke, seconds left and Beaton gives him a yellow, week in, week out, goalies are wasting time with no repercussions, wonder who the Hun in black will be next week at Celtic park

Latest posts

Back