Eddy too much

Sorry Docco, but take away the stadiums, the crowd and the 100-camera UHD hype-o-vision and that league is nowhere near as good as it's cracked up to be.

Minus four or five teams, do you actually think that Celtic wouldn't be competitive in that league and that Eddy wouldn't score 20 goals down there?

I agree with you..but the hyped up epl is the place to play as far as the world outside our league sees ... only. Until our stars get there only then can they be truly judged...take mcginn as a prime. Exampl....sold for what? 5 mill? Plays a few premiership games and he's now worth. 50million... madness.....Eddie's value will only truly be met if and when he moves from mid premier to top 5

I agree with you..but the hyped up epl the place to place as far as the world outside our league sees ... only. Until our stars get there only then can they be truly judged...take mcginn as a prime. Exampl....sold for what? 5 mill? Plays a few premiership games and he's now worth. 50million... madness.....Eddie's value will only truly be met if and when he moves from mid premier to top 5
But McGinn, Maddison, Pukki, McClean etc.....weren't regarded as top-class players in Scotland, but they don't look out of place down there.

Jeez, Maddison hit a decent free-kick against the huns and not a lot else besides and now they're talking 75 million?????

They are only being judged against hype and ridiculous finances, not actual ability. Eddy has touch, pace, and power - these are transferable skills to any standard of football, anywhere in the world.

But McGinn, Maddison, Pukki, McClean etc.....weren't regarded as top-class players in Scotland, but they don't look out of place down there.

Jeez, Maddison hit a decent free-kick against the huns and not a lot else besides and now they're talking 75 million?????

They are only being judged against hype and ridiculous finances, not actual ability. Eddy has touch, pace, and power - these are transferable skills to any standard of football, anywhere in the world.

I know and agree with you but the reality of it is whether we like it or not is we are a backwater and until you perform in the promised land, you are unbproven

Would van Dyke have went to Liverpool for 75million from us instead of "proving" himself at Southampton first?

I know and agree with you but the reality of it is whether we like it or not is we are a backwater and until you perform in the promised land, you are unbproven
Docco, the same can be said for Holland if you take Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV and perhaps Twente out of the equation.

Now look at how Ajax capitalised on sales in the Summer. Admittedly, their profile was raised by their run in the Champions League, but they were still able to get market value.

Our problem is that we look to sell to England at the earliest opportunity. We don't even look to start a bidding war. Celtic have to start working with our 'friends' in Europe and artificially inflate prices by getting one of our 'friends' in Spain or France to throw a number out then watch the English scramble.

I don’t think eddy is enough of a finished article yet to leave Celtic if he’s got his head screwed on. I thought that with dembele during his first season when everyone was trying to flog him, that he needed at least another season with us playing in Europe to get a mega move, but he got injured and ended up leaving in the summer as we know for £20m and never getting back up to the £35m value. If he’d have done another run in CL group and done well, he could’ve went for even more.

So I’d would’ve said for eddy to stay until at least January, but I think he needs that extra season more than dembele. I’d hope he’ll do next season and then Europe with us the year after and take a January move, because I think he’s the type of player that can look missing at times (not as much recently mind you) to command that no.1 role.

as for Morelos, I think he’s a total dick, but a decent enough striker. He’s done well in Europe this year

I don’t think eddy is enough of a finished article yet to leave Celtic if he’s got his head screwed on. I thought that with dembele during his first season when everyone was trying to flog him, that he needed at least another season with us playing in Europe to get a mega move, but he got injured and ended up leaving in the summer as we know for £20m and never getting back up to the £35m value. If he’d have done another run in CL group and done well, he could’ve went for even more.

So I’d would’ve said for eddy to stay until at least January, but I think he needs that extra season more than dembele. I’d hope he’ll do next season and then Europe with us the year after and take a January move, because I think he’s the type of player that can look missing at times (not as much recently mind you) to command that no.1 role.

as for Morelos, I think he’s a total dick, but a decent enough striker. He’s done well in Europe this year
Morelos is pish Cheezy.

Back