European football

If I'm being honest, Winter, I'd bite your hand off for a point.
I would be very happy to take a point as well Frank it would represent a big step forward for the club but an enormous step for the team and what we can achieve. There will be some pressure on Feyenoord, put there by their MSM by comparing us to sevco.
It's only now on the eve of the game that Slot has come out and talked up Celtic, our Japanese contingent mainly and Yang he's name checked.
That's fair enough but we also have McGregor who makes us tick , Oriley and other unknown quantities that make us perhaps one if the most unpredictable champions in the champions league.
The arrogance has made me feel angry , I hope we pull off something special just to ram it down their throats their MSM.
Lazio won't disrespect us like this they know better and Atletico have already shown respect I want Feyenoord to suffer now and I think we can do it.
I've no true reference point to think that other than faith in our ability even understrength, seen us written off so often and turn up on the night and deliver.
Not very often but often enough we've been totally dismissed by Man city , Barcelona, Lazio et all.
It would be a phenomenal start to Rodgers #2 if we can come back with a positive.

Looking at my bookies slip ( still to put on) & by default the Predictor , which I did a few days ago but think I might change.
Just because the champions league group stages this season looks like it might be a lot closer than previous seasons where we've seen some serious hidings handed out, one ' klub ' in particular really had their arses handed to them, they know who they are.
Tomorrow's fixtures are very tough to call , i fancy a Milan win but Newcastle are unpredictable and a match for anyone on their game. Young Boys always tough at home v leipzig always formidable and match favs but another close one to call , same as our game, same as Lazio v Atletico, PSG v Dortmund, Shakhtar v Porto all these sides and the venues make it hard to call and that pattern continues into the Wednesday.
Who'd have thought you'd get 4/1 man utd to win away to Bayern 3/1 the draw ?
Not long ago those odds were never on.
That's only slightly better odds than Celtic achieving either in Holland.

2.25 a.m and I'm getting really up for this game now when I should be getting the head down 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's just exciting to see us back at the top table of world football's stage and the spotlight is on Europe and nowhere else.
Sure the Saudis private investment fund has spent no small fortune ( maybe it is by their standards of wealth) on buying up big names and hogged a lot of the transfer headlines as a result.

The truth of the matter however is that no matter how much they or the Chinese or the American MLS spend on players, even if they were to buy all the very best talent in world football for trillions of dollars Chelsea style , come opening night of Europe's champions league all football fans worldwide will have their eyes firmly fixed on the Europeans top football tournaments.
Every stadium will be packed to the rafters , every game will be screened and watched worldwide and all other sports will take a backseat to the best European football has to offer,.... its fans and the passion invested in whoevers wearing the jersey.

All the money guys like Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema and all those other big money signings have pocketed off the Saudi PIF etc (and good luck to them all) but all of them will be watching and I'd bet thinking ' how i wish I was part of that still ' , its the point were money isn't everything and Messi and Co despite sitting with all his honours, medals, balloon doors etc will be wishing, if only I could be part of that again.
They'd be lying if they said otherwise for they like all players crave the adulation the showcase that is the European cups brings, but its the fan base of Europe's biggest and best clubs that make it so special.

I have to admit I've been disillusioned with the champions league in recent years but this season has thrown up some intriguing groups and fixtures that we'd not normally see until later in the tourney, and I can't wait for this one , for too long the biggest clubs have been paired with the heavy underdogs but this season the heavy hitters are going to have to work much harder for it, at least it looks that way , I hope it pans out that way.
Hopefully we can be one of the first to lay down a marker and produce the goods on the night.

Mon the underdogs this season , Mon the hoops , and are you watching messi?
Hows the reception signal in the desert Benzema? HH COYBIG 🍀

Last edited:
Looking at my bookies slip ( still to put on) & by default the Predictor , which I did a few days ago but think I might change.
Just because the champions league group stages this season looks like it might be a lot closer than previous seasons where we've seen some serious hidings handed out, one ' klub ' in particular really had their arses handed to them, they know who they are.
Tomorrow's fixtures are very tough to call , i fancy a Milan win but Newcastle are unpredictable and a match for anyone on their game. Young Boys always tough at home v leipzig always formidable and match favs but another close one to call , same as our game, same as Lazio v Atletico, PSG v Dortmund, Shakhtar v Porto all these sides and the venues make it hard to call and that pattern continues into the Wednesday.
Who'd have thought you'd get 4/1 man utd to win away to Bayern 3/1 the draw ?
Not long ago those odds were never on.
That's only slightly better odds than Celtic achieving either in Holland.

2.25 a.m and I'm getting really up for this game now when I should be getting the head down 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's just exciting to see us back at the top table of world football's stage and the spotlight is on Europe and nowhere else.
Sure the Saudis private investment fund has spent no small fortune ( maybe it is by their standards of wealth) on buying up big names and hogged a lot of the transfer headlines as a result.

The truth of the matter however is that no matter how much they or the Chinese or the American MLS spend on players, even if they were to buy all the very best talent in world football for trillions of dollars Chelsea style , come opening night of Europe's champions league all football fans worldwide will have their eyes firmly fixed on the Europeans top football tournaments.
Every stadium will be packed to the rafters , every game will be screened and watched worldwide and all other sports will take a backseat to the best European football has to offer,.... its fans and the passion invested in whoevers wearing the jersey.

All the money guys like Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema and all those other big money signings have pocketed off the Saudi PIF etc (and good luck to them all) but all of them will be watching and I'd bet thinking ' how i wish I was part of that still ' , its the point were money isn't everything and Messi and Co despite sitting with all his honours, medals, balloon doors etc will be wishing, if only I could be part of that again.
They'd be lying if they said otherwise for they like all players crave the adulation the showcase that is the European cups brings, but its the fan base of Europe's biggest and best clubs that make it so special.

I have to admit I've been disillusioned with the champions league in recent years but this season has thrown up some intriguing groups and fixtures that we'd not normally see until later in the tourney, and I can't wait for this one , for too long the biggest clubs have been paired with the heavy underdogs but this season the heavy hitters are going to have to work much harder for it, at least it looks that way , I hope it pans out that way.
Hopefully we can be one of the first to lay down a marker and produce the goods on the night.

Mon the underdogs this season , Mon the hoops , and are you watching messi?
Hows the reception signal in the desert Benzema? HH COYBIG 🍀
I've only been on this forum for a few month but your posts are great mate 🍀maybe not long enough but they are great 😂......agreed tho let's enjoy champions League as we are not in the tournament every year ....(forget the Dutch press they are dicks and maybe some ex players who work for the press) most feyenoord fans I've met are great and respect Celtic (feyenoord are not the rich club in Holland like Ajax or psv they don't get to champion league often so I definitely dont see them as been an arrogant club)anyway let's hope we do it tonight it would be absolutely superb 🍀🍀🍀

I would be very happy to take a point as well Frank it would represent a big step forward for the club but an enormous step for the team and what we can achieve. There will be some pressure on Feyenoord, put there by their MSM by comparing us to sevco.
It's only now on the eve of the game that Slot has come out and talked up Celtic, our Japanese contingent mainly and Yang he's name checked.
That's fair enough but we also have McGregor who makes us tick , Oriley and other unknown quantities that make us perhaps one if the most unpredictable champions in the champions league.
The arrogance has made me feel angry , I hope we pull off something special just to ram it down their throats their MSM.
Lazio won't disrespect us like this they know better and Atletico have already shown respect I want Feyenoord to suffer now and I think we can do it.
I've no true reference point to think that other than faith in our ability even understrength, seen us written off so often and turn up on the night and deliver.
Not very often but often enough we've been totally dismissed by Man city , Barcelona, Lazio et all.
It would be a phenomenal start to Rodgers #2 if we can come back with a positive.
I love positivity Winter, I honestly do. Got to say though, I'm not seeing the improvement we all thought was needed in the team to take us to that fabled 'next level'.

Don't get me wrong, I've been following this magnificent club of ours long enough to know, ..dare I say almost expect? ...the unexpected.

However, basing my opinions purely on performances so far, I find it very difficult to think we're anywhere near good enough to aquit ourselves with the distinction we should always be striving for.

As I keep saying, hope springs eternal. I too, go into this game with hope in my heart. Please believe me; with every fibre of my being I want to be proved wrong.

As for faith? Well, I really only deal in faith if it's evidence based. I've seen nothing to suggest that's the case.

For all that I've just posted, I'm looking forward to watching our club take its place amongst the game's elite.

Would've liked to see just a tad more ambition from our ' leaders' during the transfer window. Perhaps it will be a case of "cometh the hour". Time will tell.

Agree with what’s being said we’re in a tough group and to most of the Teams in the CL we’re the weakest link
With the best atmosphere. Well my hope is simple shove the atmosphere get 3 points
I’d bite yir legs off for Third place 🥉
But we’re going again without our C/ Haufs
In the team.
And like most have said Brendan needs to set us up properly to play to our current strengths.
Agree with Bellshill tight and counter attack for me is the right thing away from home
But maybe also at home I know this isn’t the Celtic way but that style ain’t working in Europe and hasn’t for so long I think we were still eating Marathons 😉.
2nd place would be fantastic but 3rd is more realistic.
And as final point if we do well the Teams that come to Paradise will see an Atmosphere like no other.
Our Fans can and will lift the players to the next level.
My only hope is the Board gets carried away and gives the Manager the Funds
So the team gets there Too
Mon the Hoops 🍀

HH 🍀

Well I've been dusting behind the couch / sofa today in preparation for tonights viewing..

I'm not at all confident about tonight, we so far this season haven't looked as though we are anywhere near able to compete at this level... I ain't going to go into it all, but if we do get a decent result tonight everyone will need to be on their game, not just one or two...

I can only hope that for once in my life I'm wrong 😳.

Mon the hoops..

I've only been on this forum for a few month but your posts are great mate 🍀maybe not long enough but they are great 😂......agreed tho let's enjoy champions League as we are not in the tournament every year ....(forget the Dutch press they are dicks and maybe some ex players who work for the press) most feyenoord fans I've met are great and respect Celtic (feyenoord are not the rich club in Holland like Ajax or psv they don't get to champion league often so I definitely dont see them as been an arrogant club)anyway let's hope we do it tonight it would be absolutely superb 🍀🍀🍀
Cheers tommybhoy I always try to keep the posts short and sweet 😋
I wasn't dissing Feyenoord I was dissing the Dutch MSM for their lack of respect for us, they should know better given sevco toppled them last season.
It's them I have contempt for not the club.

Well I've been dusting behind the couch / sofa today in preparation for tonights viewing..

I'm not at all confident about tonight, we so far this season haven't looked as though we are anywhere near able to compete at this level... I ain't going to go into it all, but if we do get a decent result tonight everyone will need to be on their game, not just one or two...

I can only hope that for once in my life I'm wrong 😳.

Mon the hoops..
How you manage to see from the right side of the sofa 🛋️ 50 but agree this is gonna be a hard place to get anything.
Think I’m gonna have nae nails thi nite
Mon the Hoops

HH🍀

I love positivity Winter, I honestly do. Got to say though, I'm not seeing the improvement we all thought was needed in the team to take us to that fabled 'next level'.

Don't get me wrong, I've been following this magnificent club of ours long enough to know, ..dare I say almost expect? ...the unexpected.

However, basing my opinions purely on performances so far, I find it very difficult to think we're anywhere near good enough to aquit ourselves with the distinction we should always be striving for.

As I keep saying, hope springs eternal. I too, go into this game with hope in my heart. Please believe me; with every fibre of my being I want to be proved wrong.

As for faith? Well, I really only deal in faith if it's evidence based. I've seen nothing to suggest that's the case.

For all that I've just posted, I'm looking forward to watching our club take its place amongst the game's elite.

Would've liked to see just a tad more ambition from our ' leaders' during the transfer window. Perhaps it will be a case of "cometh the hour". Time will tell.
Positivity is all I have Frank and I'm gripping on to it very tightly.
Of course you're correct we've not seen anything like the fluency we know we can produce yet but we are at least improving incrementally as we go along.
Hopefully we can continue that trend tonight , therangers bottled it against them in Holland, Beales big game hoodoo again, but they weren't too far away from beating them in Glasgow.
Like pretty much everyone else I'm not expecting I'm hoping for the bhoys to step up and deliver a surprise.
It's our defence that's causing concern though at the same time that makeshift defence has improved as well.
Think everyone hoped for more last window though tbf i can't really rate our signings yet, Yang aside just haven't seen them yet.

We are back to the usual,constantly playing out of defence.
How often do we even make it to the halfway line,eh?
Is Reo even playing cos he's hardly kicked the ball.
We can still get a draw tonight but we have to be quicker than we are.

Can't wait to play Althletico....should be easy 😬😬😬
Watched their game against Real. They are our worst nightmare of an opponent. 5 at the back and sit in deep, like Kilmarnock or St. Johnstone but with world class players who can break out and create chance after chance. 3 goals from cross ball and headers tonight as well. Concentrate on getting something from Lazio and beating Feyenoord at home.

Back