Exactly what more could Celtic have done?

Playing the devils advocate.......what exactly could/should our custodians have done regarding the stitch up with the scheduling of the LC semi finals?

The club put forward a reasonable, transparent and fair proposal imo on how to resolve the matter. This proposal was simply dismissed by the SPFL Board. The club then made a public statement condemning the summary dismissal of their proposal.

As things stand what else can the Club do? What avenues are open to us as things presently stand? This matter obviously went to a vote and vested interest voted for what suited them and it wasn't for fair and transparent governance.

If someone has a sound and rational answer as to what we can do about this obvious miscarriage of justice and decency I want to hear it. If there's a way to ensure this type of thing never happens again I want to hear it.

It's not enough imo to say Fergus would have fixed it and please believe I am not sticking up for Peter Lawwell when I say this. I will judge PL at our AGM on what he does or doesn't do re Resolution 12.

Look! We know the score here. Paul Larkin said it best - "Anyone but Celtic"

So what can we or the Club do about this?
What would be the consequence of Celtic just refusing to play the game, unless they listen, and act on, our grievance.

Reactions: TET
What would be the consequence of Celtic just refusing to play the game, unless they listen, and act on, our grievance.

I think they would relish that and throw the book at us.

They simply don't care what we think. They've proved that conclusively by their refusal to entertain a ballot. This is more than arrogance.

There is no integrity in the officials who run Scottish Football in either the SPFL nor the SFA.

We now have seen every facet of Scottish Football officialdom from the Scottish manager, to referees, to linesmen, to the governing bodies of the SFA and the SPFL treat us with utter contempt.

The Masonic call for help has gone out and the craft have closed ranks. It's 2010 all over again. Operation stop Celtic is well under way.

We have to respond and hurt them where it matters.

No more! No fucking more!

They cannot do a thing to our club if the fans decide not to go to away grounds.thier is a couple of clubs that don't deserve to lose that income our fans put in thier bank accounts. But all our club was looking for was equality if they had the ballot and we got Murray field fair enough. We were never given that chance a simple toss of a coin so easy.I'm disgusted sometimes action has to be taken its now a matter of sitting at the front of the bus or the back.

There is a precedent, I remember the Old Rangers refusing to play us, this would have been in the 60s, cannot remember their reason, I know, it was a Glasgow Cup Tie, yes I know, they have always been treated different from us, but there was no sanction on them.

There is a precedent, I remember the Old Rangers refusing to play us, this would have been in the 60s, cannot remember their reason, I know, it was a Glasgow Cup Tie, yes I know, they have always been treated different from us, but there was no sanction on them.

There never is any sanctions on them.

The cardigan bails out on Scotland to rejoin the Huns - no sanction, nada

Tommy Burns leaves Kilmarnock to rejoin Celtic - £250,000 pounds sanction if memory serves me well.

The rules are always applied differently when it comes to them.

Reactions: TET

There never is any sanctions on them.

The cardigan bails out on Scotland to rejoin the Huns - no sanction, nada

Tommy Burns leaves Kilmarnock to rejoin Celtic - £250,000 pounds sanction if memory serves me well.

The rules are always applied differently when it comes to them.
Yup, know it all, but we need to something, this decision is totally Fecking ridiculous. At the very least, we, the fans, should call for a boycott, and ask the Club to give us our backing on it, we get one quarter of the gate anyhow,

Playing the devils advocate.......what exactly could/should our custodians have done regarding the stitch up with the scheduling of the LC semi finals?

The club put forward a reasonable, transparent and fair proposal imo on how to resolve the matter. This proposal was simply dismissed by the SPFL Board. The club then made a public statement condemning the summary dismissal of their proposal.

As things stand what else can the Club do? What avenues are open to us as things presently stand? This matter obviously went to a vote and vested interest voted for what suited them and it wasn't for fair and transparent governance.

If someone has a sound and rational answer as to what we can do about this obvious miscarriage of justice and decency I want to hear it. If there's a way to ensure this type of thing never happens again I want to hear it.

It's not enough imo to say Fergus would have fixed it and please believe I am not sticking up for Peter Lawwell when I say this. I will judge PL at our AGM on what he does or doesn't do re Resolution 12.

Look! We know the score here. Paul Larkin said it best - "Anyone but Celtic"

So what can we or the Club do about this?
Boycott the game. No Celtic fans money to such a corrupt organisation.

At the moment there is nothing we can do about the murrayfield issues short of not playing the game which I believe would be the wrong decision .However what we should be doing is building a case of examples of decisions made by the footballing authorities which have affected us negatively and take the case out of this country by using the CAS. There are 3 tactics we can pursue
1.Our reputational damage
2 .Financial Damage
3 .General Football Sporting Integrity

A boycott by the fans I don't think would have a great effect other than highlight the situation but we would be relying on the Press to report it fairly and accurately which I doubt they would . The press will spin it as a childish fans spat between Sevco fans and us rather than as a symptom of the serious breakdown of the ability of the authorities to administer the game correctly and fairly .

Last edited:
Back