Exclusive - Invincible Hero Erik Sviatchenko talks to Matt Corr

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Exclusive - Invincible Hero Erik Sviatchenko talks to Matt Corr – Part 1...Matt makes a brilliant debut as a Celtic author this week when The Celtic Star releases INVINCIBLE on Friday. Erik has helped with the book and Matt has done a great interview which we've chopped into four parts and will run every night until the eve of Invincible coming out. You can order a signed copy at thecelticstarbookstore.co.uk

Wouldnt say a bad word about him. When his confidence was up he was solid. Messed about. We got rid and had a team bus seat warmer take his place (marvin fucking comper). Got rid of a defender there.
There were a few games where they would have him up against a tall ST. He was good in the air but a slow dinked high ball and he wasn't winning it sometimes. BR didn't like that or the missing extra bit of pace.

The Viking is a top lad though and properly bitten by the celtic bug. Ate in my restaurant a lot with his Mrs and his boy who was the same age as mine. Always made time to say hello and have a chat. I was glad to see him when he came back for that half time appearance a while back. Popped in for food and asked how my wee boy was doing.
He wanted to stay, I think he would of happily even as a bit part when needed and
was happy at getting the game time again but you could tell he missed Glasgow and Celtic. Better seeing him playing.
Proper Gentleman and it goes without saying we could of done with him in the squad from the moment he left

Wouldnt say a bad word about him. When his confidence was up he was solid. Messed about. We got rid and had a team bus seat warmer take his place (marvin fucking comper). Got rid of a defender there.
There were a few games where they would have him up against a tall ST. He was good in the air but a slow dinked high ball and he wasn't winning it sometimes. BR didn't like that or the missing extra bit of pace.

The Viking is a top lad though and properly bitten by the celtic bug. Ate in my restaurant a lot with his Mrs and his boy who was the same age as mine. Always made time to say hello and have a chat. I was glad to see him when he came back for that half time appearance a while back. Popped in for food and asked how my wee boy was doing.
He wanted to stay, I think he would of happily even as a bit part when needed and
was happy at getting the game time again but you could tell he missed Glasgow and Celtic. Better seeing him playing.
Proper Gentleman and it goes without saying we could of done with him in the squad from the moment he left
Guy was solid.

I wouldn't mention ES in the same sentence as Boli.
You may have missed the point of my comment: While you're correct on your assessment on Bolingoli's defence, the point has nothing to do with comparing the two players. The point is that that too many people are writing Bolingoli off and are ready to send him packing. With better players ahead of Bolingoli now, that may not matter, but I don't think he's gotten a fair shake. If Sviatchenko was not given a fair shake either, then that makes them similar.

Your right i submit on your point there as far as rating different players differently. There is something in boli and there is something in there. I watched every single piece of video footage I could find on him and was looking forward to his input.
Sometimes regrettably wen faced with 5k 10k or 20k worth of fans maybe more seems to be different. Seasoned pros sometimes flunk here. More often than not.
It's as much about mentality as talent.
It's a tough league physically bit the same has to be said about the scrutiny.
It's about brushing it.
It's the reason he was taken out the side.
His own mental well-being.
Even the roughest and toughest find it tough LG, SB to name lads at one point or another no one that knew or played with them would entertain mental health or form dips.
It happened and we watched a recovery happen slowly.
My point being it's tough. Really tough.
Every player coming from abroad to celtic or rangers needs the best psychologist money can buy.
After that it's boots and blades of grass

As damming as it sounds a player for us has to do more. The burden is unreal.
It's the way it is. Happens in every profession. You can get to a tipping point. Your best ability might be great but your consistent ability is what makes you valuable
First team , squad or out the door and I felt Erik was up in the mix.

Boil/GT could be a squad players but we need a no1.
If one of them go on a season run yeah I'll forgive but I'm a bastard. GT edges him. Because he can defend. Talented wingers are 10 a penny. Defenders to our cost are harder to come by

Part 2 of Matt Corr's interview with Erik...

‘I picked up a Danish flag and tied it around my waist. I had dreamt of this day since childhood,’ Erik Sviatchenko

Remember Invincible arrives on Friday and is an outstanding read, beautifully designed and unlike others who have promised books since March and failed to deliver due to the Coronavirus, Invincible has been printed and will be out on time. Just saying...

Beautifully designed, brilliant pics from Geo, proof reading by Larry, wonderfully written by Matt Corr, forewords by David Potter and big Erik. While others are apologising for a two month delay, The Celtic Star is bringing Invincible out on Friday (probably the only crew mad enough to bring a book out at this time!) Invincible3Damazon.jpg

Back