Famous Historical Quotes

The Herald – 15 June 2012:
“Air of unreality as 140 years of history is formally ended in less than nine minutes”
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...ally-ended-in-less-than-nine-minutes.17876625)

The Daily Telegraph – 12 June 2012:
“Rangers in crisis: the final whistle sounds on Rangers’ 140 years of history”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-sounds-on-Rangers-140-years-of-history.html)

Daily Record – 13 June 2012:
“Rangers FC as we know them are dead. It’s all over. They are about to shut down for ever…They’ll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended… No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died.”
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/james-traynor-spl-will-not-be-able-1129166)

Of course, journalists are not the most reliable barometer of definitive opinion, but why would they express such an unambiguous view in the first place? Even Charles Green held the same categorical viewpoint, speaking to the BBC said:
“…the history, the tradition, everything that is great about this Club, is swept aside.”

This leads us on to the crucial piece of evidence contradicting the idea that Rangers FC still exists.

INSOLVENCY LAW

When a company is liquidated its business activities cease to exist. The business of Rangers FC Plc was football. When Rangers FC Plc was wound up, so were the football activities of Rangers FC Plc i.e. the football club and associated merchandising etc. The BBC recognised this fact when they observed that:

“The Rangers Football Club PLC is a public limited company registered in Scotland (company number: SC004276) and was incorporated on 27 May, 1899. When the current company is officially liquidated, all of its corporate business history will come to an end.”

“After sleeping through a hundred million centuries we have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet, sparkling with color, bountiful with life. Within decades we must close our eyes again. Isn’t it a noble, an enlightened way of spending our brief time in the sun, to work at understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it? This is how I answer when I am asked—as I am surprisingly often—why I bother to get up in the mornings.”

― Richard Dawkins

Difference is the essence of humanity.
Difference is an accident of birth,and it should therfore never be the source of hatred or conflict.
Therein lies a most fundamental principle of peace: respect for diversity
When people are divided,the only solution is agreement

If the word NO was removed from the English language,Ian paisley would be speechless.

John Hume.

It is an act of Justice ..... Poverty is not natural.
It is Man made and it can be overcome and eradicated by the actions of human beings Sometimes it falls on a generation to be a great You Can be that Generation.

Nelson Mandela

Back