Favourite Celtic Goal?

I’ll second that, from the same era my 2nd and 3rd choices would be Hartson’s wonder goal at Anfield during the Seville run and Sutton’s bullet header in the CL qualifier v Ajax... both hugely important goals in their respective games

Also (not a favourite goal) but Bratbakk scoring the second the day we stopped the 10 will forever be in my memory, possibly the goal that I’ve celebrated the loudest and longest in my life promptly followed by bursting into tears and bubbling like a baby, defo the most emotional I’ve ever been at a Celtic goal (was too young for Lisbon)

What's your favourite Celtic goal?
Mine would have to be this....

Been so many great goals, but it will take someone of a quality we have not had since to top that.
Henrik was special, only player I have seen from the other end of the stands who noticeably stuck out as having a magical yard or three of extra pace with control against defenders. Over a short distance Henrik seemed like he could just glide a few yards away from anyone.

I’ll second that, from the same era my 2nd and 3rd choices would be Hartson’s wonder goal at Anfield during the Seville run and Sutton’s bullet header in the CL qualifier v Ajax... both hugely important goals in their respective games

Also (not a favourite goal) but Bratbakk scoring the second the day we stopped the 10 will forever be in my memory, possibly the goal that I’ve celebrated the loudest and longest in my life promptly followed by bursting into tears and bubbling like a baby, defo the most emotional I’ve ever been at a Celtic goal (was too young for Lisbon)
Yeah I agree with all you say, but I have to say I haven't seen as much emotion in a long time as ntchams goal against the Huns recently. I watched it in a bar in Ireland, the place was nearly wrecked. I think it was just all the shite we had endure in the build up to it!

It's a great question. My first thought was Larssons chip in the 6 2 game, but for absolutely mental reaction and ensuing bedlam the winner in Boavista takes some beating
Thanks, I've been thinking for a while what my favourite goal was. I'm just surprised no one else thought of it first. It would be good to do a poll on it.

Yes a very special pair of goals that day,
Henrik & Bratbakk

Last edited:
What's your favourite Celtic goal?
Mine would have to be this....

My all time favourite is Dixie Deans’ second and Celtic’s third in the 1972 Scottish Cup Final 6-1 thrashing of a very fine Hibernian team. It was a record equalling score for a Scottish Cup Final and the first time a hat/trick had been notched in a final since Celtic’s Jimmy Quinn in a 3-2 victory against Rangers about 70 years previous.

My all time favourite is Dixie Deans’ second and Celtic’s third in the 1972 Scottish Cup Final 6-1 thrashing of a very fine Hibernian team. It was a record equalling score for a Scottish Cup Final and the first time a hat/trick had been notched in a final since Celtic’s Jimmy Quinn in a 3-2 victory against Rangers about 70 years previous.

Great video. Thanks for that!

Reactions: TET

Members online

Latest posts

Back