Favourite Film?

I'm not sure if anyone has seen "One Day Removals"? It is a very low budget Aberdeen movie that was made in 2008. It stars a local standup (he is normally a drag queen who used to be on Northsound Radio, but he is not in drag in this movie) and I think the other star was a security man at the Lemon Tree concert venue.

It is a gory comedy as a couple of removal men lurch from one disaster to another with lots and lots and lots and lots of swearing in it (there was a local rumour that it had the most swear words per minute of any movie ever). If you can put up with the Doric accents then it is pretty funny - just don't watch it with the kids around or they will be effing and jeffing for the rest of the night!

It probably won't make many people's top 5 movies though.

I'm not sure if anyone has seen "One Day Removals"? It is a very low budget Aberdeen movie that was made in 2008. It stars a local standup (he is normally a drag queen who used to be on Northsound Radio, but he is not in drag in this movie) and I think the other star was a security man at the Lemon Tree concert venue.

It is a gory comedy as a couple of removal men lurch from one disaster to another with lots and lots and lots and lots of swearing in it (there was a local rumour that it had the most swear words per minute of any movie ever). If you can put up with the Doric accents then it is pretty funny - just don't watch it with the kids around or they will be effing and jeffing for the rest of the night!

It probably won't make many people's top 5 movies though.
No thanks.😆

Aside from all the usual ones

O brother where art thou
Raging Bull
Cool hand Luke
Last of the Mohicans
Forrest Gump

Last good movie I've seen is - The Gentlemen
Last good netflix series is a Korean drama - The Rebel
Favourite short series of all time- Band of Brothers
Favourite drama - Gomorra

Honourable mentions,

The Shield
Justified
Deadwood

The drop is a very good film. Carry on screaming watched it yesterday also very good.also a Christmas Carol with alister simms a favourite at Christmas thiers so many great films it's hard to pick an all time favourite because if you did a few minutes later you would be picing another one.thank God for films many happy times in front of the box or in the pictures.

The drop is a very good film. Carry on screaming watched it yesterday also very good.also a Christmas Carol with alister simms a favourite at Christmas thiers so many great films it's hard to pick an all time favourite because if you did a few minutes later you would be picing another one.thank God for films many happy times in front of the box or in the pictures.
An Inspector Calls is a fantastic movie too, one of Alistair Simms finest.
Did ye know he adopted a wee boy? The wee boy was George Cole aka Arfur Daly.
Somebody mentioned the auld black and white gangster movies like White Heat and Angels With Dirty Faces...loved them when they were on TV when I was about 13-14. Why you, Why I oughta....never say what they oughta though.

Last edited:
Back