Felton Calif: under water...

the great jc

...heard yesterday that Calfornia has been inundated with unprecedented levels of rainfail with many areas under several feet of water....and one town mentioned was Felton and so I wondered with growing concern for our good friend and fellow Celt Larry Cafiero and pray he's escaped it.
I sincerely hope Larry has been unaffected by it and if he's reading this ...if you can let us know how you are.🙏.

I like to read his posts and comments on his site, some of which flow seamlessly from topical opines to his personal views, most of which run with my own.
If your around and up Larry.. drop in for a comment and let us know how things are.
Hope everything is just Tickety where you are.
Ps.myself.....I'm back up and around after a series of health mishaps and a rather forgetable 2022....
stay well my friend... jc.(y)🇺🇸🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿☘️

Our California Bhoy is safe, and is watching the river of water and mud flow downstream from his place on the hill
We get the weather reports from down south, on a daily basis, and there's another atmospheric river on it's way tomorrow from Larry's region, to ours
The forest fires have taken the trees and the amount of rain falling up and down the west coast, means that the earth cannot absorb all the moisture, so landslides happen, and that's the really scary thing, we've all seen the terrible floods in Scotland, Canada and the US, and even Australia was on the news a few night ago, where they said that parts of Oz, got a year's rain in one 24 hour period
Mother Nature is not happy with us, and is showing her displeasure, reminding us how insignificant we are
Hope everyone affected by these floods, are safe and well, and things get back to 'normal' very soon

YNWA

Our California Bhoy is safe, and is watching the river of water and mud flow downstream from his place on the hill
We get the weather reports from down south, on a daily basis, and there's another atmospheric river on it's way tomorrow from Larry's region, to ours
The forest fires have taken the trees and the amount of rain falling up and down the west coast, means that the earth cannot absorb all the moisture, so landslides happen, and that's the really scary thing, we've all seen the terrible floods in Scotland, Canada and the US, and even Australia was on the news a few night ago, where they said that parts of Oz, got a year's rain in one 24 hour period
Mother Nature is not happy with us, and is showing her displeasure, reminding us how insignificant we are
Hope everyone affected by these floods, are safe and well, and things get back to 'normal' very soon

YNWA
I thought long and hard before commenting on your post Dill: I've really made an effort to avoid anything remotely controversial in my posts after the recent turmoil and falling out on The Noise. However, sometimes we just have to say what needs to be said.
I've believed, for a long time now, the global powers that be, aren't remotely taking climate change anywhere near seriously enough.
Where there exists an opportunity to make profit, everything else will be sacrificed. Money, and only money, will tip the balance in favour of destruction.
And all to the benefit of the few.

I'm not a bloke to live in some grey apathetic world without involving myself with issues that I feel strongly about: hence my political activism.
Could go on: but maybe The Noise isn't the place for that.
If I can perhaps finish by using ( and corrupting ) a quote we've all heard, but without the religious aspect......."What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world ". .....You know the rest, just substitute the word soul for humankind.
The world's billionaire's don't give a toss for the existence of humankind.
Sorry about the rant folks.

The Mrs just got back from California yesterday. She said she never saw rain like that in the Bay Area. She said the Felton and Santa Cruz area were hit particularly badly. She only just made it oot herself. Her flight was Tuesday at 17:30, at about 7/8 PM the Americans suffered a computer glitch which led to all flights being cancelled.

Hope you are all safe Larry. It's been terrible weather over there, what with the snow bombs and now the flooding. Pray to God 🙏🙏 that you don't suffer any damage. Also can I say a great big welcome back to the great JC. Glad to hear you're on the mend m8. I have missed your posts. Love to to you and your family.🍀🍀

I thought long and hard before commenting on your post Dill: I've really made an effort to avoid anything remotely controversial in my posts after the recent turmoil and falling out on The Noise. However, sometimes we just have to say what needs to be said.
I've believed, for a long time now, the global powers that be, aren't remotely taking climate change anywhere near seriously enough.
Where there exists an opportunity to make profit, everything else will be sacrificed. Money, and only money, will tip the balance in favour of destruction.
And all to the benefit of the few.

I'm not a bloke to live in some grey apathetic world without involving myself with issues that I feel strongly about: hence my political activism.
Could go on: but maybe The Noise isn't the place for that.
If I can perhaps finish by using ( and corrupting ) a quote we've all heard, but without the religious aspect......."What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world ". .....You know the rest, just substitute the word soul for humankind.
The world's billionaire's don't give a toss for the existence of humankind.
Sorry about the rant folks.

Say what’s on yer mind ma mhan…..if folk don’t like it they can simply scroll on by…

Say what’s on yer mind ma mhan…..if folk don’t like it they can simply scroll on by…
Found out the hard way last year with my own family, life is far too short to spend one minute of it arguing to the point of falling out with people we care about and really do love, when it comes down to it.

Twice in a month last ApriI I came back from "beyond" after being told by my angioplast surgeon they lost me for a while .....After the surgeon had said I couldn't have my Medugorje blessed Rosary beads still worn around my neck for the possible burning from a Defibrillator, my missus held my hand .....from outside the theatre....the nurse took them from her and slipped it over my head while the surgeon was occupied reading my medical notes.
....but hey the Main Man obviously didn't think I was ready yet for Paradise... so I'm still amongst the great and good on here for a wee while longer.
I don't think we say we love one another enough ...
.... I've missed you guys on here, all of you, so I'll say it, I love every single one of you, your differences, arguments, foibles and all.
God bless us, each and every one of us. 🙏 🙏☘️🇮🇹🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Last edited:
The Mrs just got back from California yesterday. She said she never saw rain like that in the Bay Area. She said the Felton and Santa Cruz area were hit particularly badly. She only just made it oot herself. Her flight was Tuesday at 17:30, at about 7/8 PM the Americans suffered a computer glitch which led to all flights being cancelled.
It was actually Larry who let us know how he was faring, glad he's OK
Yes Richy, it's been crazy with the weather, and all the chaos at airports around North America, especially at Christmas, then this flooding
I remember years ago, in the Summer, visiting a friend in the East Bay, who picked me up at SFO, and on the drive through the hills and highways, I saw how dry, yellow, and burnt the grass was..."When the last time you guys had rain...?"
They thought for a little bit and then said "Hmm, think it was February..."
The computer outage caused every flight in the US to be grounded, and some airports north of the border were affected too
Stay safe Larry, and keep us posted
HH

Back