Films that made you cry.

26+6=1

Unfortunately nothing onscreen has moved me to tears in decades and I doubt anything is likely to in the future the way entertainment is going but I can think of 3 films from childhood which did.
I remember really losing it when the man killed the otter with a spade at the end of A Ring Of Bright Water. Probably not suitable viewing for a 4 or so y/old but tell that to the schedulers at BBC or ITV who broadcast it probably on a Sunday afternoon.
I was probably about 8 or 9 and staying up past bedtime when I saw The Champ at my Granny's. It could have been the hopelessness of the wee lad or The Champ stealing his piggy bank. Can't remember what but I know I was very upset and haven't seen the film since.
And the last one was Goodbye Mr Chips when I was probably 10 or 11

Schindlers list, and Awakenings both brought tears to my eyes.

The first because of man's in humanity to man and the second when, ach I wont give the story away incase someone wants to watch it, but its sad.

And Marley and me the one about the dug not the singer.

Last edited:
Can’t really remember crying at a film, but my daughter used to bawl her eyes out when the snowman melted, we had it on vhs cassette, and had to quickly stop it before the end, it was her favourite film and constantly asked to see it 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Had a wee hiatus from my enforced daily routine of driving from Ayrshire to Glasgow three times a day. I've enjoyed the company of you good folk this last couple of days. Back to reality now though. Hopefully all will be resolved and I can can catch up when the fitba's back. Take care, and may your God be with you.

Napoleon dynamite.
The worst fuckin film I ever had the painful misfortune to sit through.
I would rather have shaquile oneill hoof me in the balls wearing steel toe boots than sit through that again.
I think I cried for a fortnight. Infact it has been about twenty years I'd say and I'm still not the better of it.

2 films come to mind
First one shows my advanced years
'Old Yeller'
Second was 'ET' near the end when they thought 'ET' was dying
At ET, there was a big bearded, biker dude, who was bubbling away, shoulders heaving
It was at that point, I thought it was ok to let a tear (but only one) trickle down my cheek
By the way, 'Old Yeller' is not about an English town cryer, who has to retire due to his age

Members online

Back