First ever Celtic game..

77 possibly 78 - my folks had just de-imigrated from South Africa so was a bit late for my first game with my Dad - I think it may have been an evening game - all I remember was dropping a full size bottle of Irn Bru ( or was it Tizer) on my toe and greetin until we went home early.....

Anyway the last game with my dad was the Uefa cup final in Seville (and that is a story) - sadly Archibald Allan Garrity has passed away and we didnt go to enough games together

First game for me.....Raith Rovers V Celtic....Starks Park, Kirkcaldy....a 20 min bus ride fae ma home toon...Canny mind the date...still at school....but I do remember big Tam Gemmell scoring......am sure we won 4 nil, but whats written in my mind is big Tam....After that memory it was the jungle wi ma son.....

Feckin love youtube!!

My first ever game!!

27,000 packed into Love Street for a cup replay the year we beat the hun 1-0 at the riot game

Can't remember the opposition. Was about mid sixties. Ah got a comic and packet of crisps while ma Da and his pals went furra a couple o pints before the game.
My only appearance in the Jungle was the Rapid Vienna game. Guy threw a bottle, missed the Rapid player by three feet, went doon anyway. The rest is history.

Can't remember the opposition. Was about mid sixties. Ah got a comic and packet of crisps while ma Da and his pals went furra a couple o pints before the game.
My only appearance in the Jungle was the Rapid Vienna game. Guy threw a bottle, missed the Rapid player by three feet, went doon anyway. The rest is history.

Went doon tae the Rapid game in Manchester..wi ma brither...Could write a book aboot it...Hired car..drove doon...got pished...watched the game...mind a wee Glasgow guy giving us whisky oot a flask :) drove back efter the game, wan eye closed job tae see the white lines :oops:

77 possibly 78 - my folks had just de-imigrated from South Africa so was a bit late for my first game with my Dad - I think it may have been an evening game - all I remember was dropping a full size bottle of Irn Bru ( or was it Tizer) on my toe and greetin until we went home early.....

Anyway the last game with my dad was the Uefa cup final in Seville (and that is a story) - sadly Archibald Allan Garrity has passed away and we didnt go to enough games together
Tell us your Seville story OJ17, always good to hear.

A loved the scene in Jason and the Argonauts when he unscrews Achilles heel and the blood comes spewing oot….apparently that's where the term Achilles heel came from :cool:
Achilles mother Thetis, held him by his ankle,and dipped him into the river styx when he was a baby,leaving him with his only vulnerable spot..........jist sayin' Hic, 🍺

1988. Boxing Day friendly versus Red Star Belgrade. 2-2. I was so young that I credited both goals to "the best player in the world", Frank Macavennie. In reality, Frankie probably didn't have to play friendlies, contractually - he would have been clubbing in London - and so it was actually a future bitter Sky pundit (who was actually a hell of a good player for us the season before) who scored both goals.

Red Star had some team: they played us off the park and would win the big cup two and a half years later, sparking a wave of Serbian nationalism and a genocidal war.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back