FK Jablonec v Celtic - Match Thread 4:45pm 5-Aug-21

Can never describe my emotions whenever the name Hiroshima crops up. Operation Centreboard, Elona Gay, and Little Boy. What a terrible combination. Guess it brought the war to an end. Still can't articulate my feelings.

The war was over. The Japanese were going to surrender.....the USA wanted to test their new toy and were going to do it no matter what....

Can never describe my emotions whenever the name Hiroshima crops up. Operation Centreboard, Elona Gay, and Little Boy. What a terrible combination. Guess it brought the war to an end. Still can't articulate my feelings.
I understand your feelings, but the world had to see what the 2 types of bombs could do, because the 2 super powers and in deed all nuclear armed countries know, if they fight any type of war with each other it will end in the destruction of the planet, that’s why we’ve had relative peace for the last 70 years with only “local” conflicts, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Falklands, Iraq etc, it’s call “MAD” mutually assured destruction.
I used to be in the CND when I was younger, but now I fully understand, the threat of global thermonuclear war has kept the planet safe

Cunt had the bolts removed from his neck
Who cares what the Huns think

"Celebrate our Britishness"
You might as well shout you've got fucking leprosy, ya monobrowed, knuckledraggin, bell end

I find it amusing that only the staunch see "celebrating our britishness" as a badge of honour.....a bit like deep south American red knecks celebrating their KKK roots.....but that's not even the funniest part....at least most right thinking Americans see their southern racist brothers for what they are. Our staunch celebrators of britishness are fully supported by the, supposedly right of thinking, well educated middle and upper-class brits...who, incedently, absolutely detest the football supporting sevco horde....lower class, dole sponging drains on society who, if our middle and upper class brits had a choice would take great pleasure in strapping their staunch scum brothers to cannons and watching them explode....all for good sport ofcourse old boy..

I understand your feelings, but the world had to see what the 2 types of bombs could do, because the 2 super powers and in deed all nuclear armed countries know, if they fight any type of war with each other it will end in the destruction of the planet, that’s why we’ve had relative peace for the last 70 years with only “local” conflicts, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Falklands, Iraq etc, it’s call “MAD” mutually assured destruction.
I used to be in the CND when I was younger, but now I fully understand, the threat of global thermonuclear war has kept the planet safe

We are all in trouble for carrying this conversation on.....not sure it falls under celtic chat 🙄

We are all in trouble for carrying this conversation on.....not sure it falls under celtic chat 🙄
Blame me for that. Someone mentioned 1945 and it just reminded me. I didn't want to start a thread on it. It was my mother's birthday that's how I knew. She was 9 when it happened. Also the 9th of August is my son's birthday. That's when Nagasaki happened. It was also internment day 1971. I just remember dates for some reason. Used to be useful in an argument, but Google has ruined that. Ye don't need to remember anything anymore.

I'd say the Japanese wouldn't think much of that analogy bigman.

The war was over. The Japanese were going to surrender.....the USA wanted to test their new toy and were going to do it no matter what....
islands in the south pacific were littered with all the military ware of the americans time spent in the lead up to the bombing and the testing of nuclear weapons in the pacific
went a dive in million dollar point in Vanuatu ships sunk with tanks ,jeeps and weapons all strapped to the decks

I didn't think for a minute this would take off the way it has. Certainly wasn't my intention. Enjoyed your answers folks. I could really get into it.......but won't.
Last word from me on this folks. For any readers amongst you who enjoy this kind of stuff, American Prometheus is a fabulous read. It details the whole Manhattan Project from start to finish. Also gives honest exposure to the way the American right turned on Oppenheimer simply because he had a serious crisis of conscience when it was all over.

One of if not the most hideous acts every carried out
The nonchalance shown with human life is still hard to comprehend to this day

It has to be looked at from the perspective of the people who were doing the fighting
The Japanese weren't so interested in human life themselves.
Read about Nanking and other places they invaded and ask how those people reacted when they heard what had happened.

Cunt had the bolts removed from his neck
Who cares what the Huns think

"Celebrate our Britishness"
You might as well shout you've got fucking leprosy, ya monobrowed, knuckledraggin, bell end
Whoze this Fukin Knuckodraggin Hun Cunt? 🤬🤬🤬.. Wrap yir Union Flag roon yir Fukin Neck ya Monkey Hun Ugly Cunt! 🤬🤬🤬.. Honestly yi wid just slap a wee Dik like this aw oor the place if they hit u wae this PISH!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣.. OH THANK THE FUKIN LORD UR A TIM FOLKS, THESE DELUDED CUNTS WERE FUKIN DRAGGED UP!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back