FK Jablonec v Celtic - Match Thread 4:45pm 5-Aug-21

Taking lazy arse Eddy oot the equation all the front men scored our goals...with the starting 3 having clear chances to double their tallies. So that's a positive.... I'm unsure if Kyogo can play that main striker role as physicality will be an issue although clearly he has skill and touch and its very early days...so here's hoping. Soro needs some proper coaching and he will come good with Mccarthy in there..I am a bit worried about Turnbull he seems to be struggling under Ange's system. Loving Abadass he seems to pop up at the right time and a great out for counters. I am not gonna aportion blame to Hart as enough has been said about the obvious state of play in defence. ...Although i think the starman will be fine with a left sided centre beside him and two accomplished full backs. It's a bit scary watching us at the moment but first win under our belt and an away win in Europe before our first league game at paradise. One foot in front of the other 🍀👍
That's pretty much the way I feel after tonight's game M7. I think Kyogo playing in a team with a decent number 9 would be deadly. I'm m sure he would exploit the spaces around him. Terrific movement.

More positives than negatives tonight and that's what we should be celebrating but already negative threads are on the go.

Dour cnuts.
Exactly its getting better with the better players coming in just wait till they get used to each others play will be a cracking front line thr defence will be fixed think still 3 weeks of the window left? Tonight was good for large parts HH

How sad are these bbc researchers going all the way back to 1945 to compare the managerial starts at Celtic with Jimmy McGrory and Ange..

HH
That's why it's so important for Ange to get a run of results. These people are just gaggin' for him to fail .They will do all in their power to turn the less patient amongst us against him. And with some it WILL work.

That's pretty much the way I feel after tonight's game M7. I think Kyogo playing in a team with a decent number 9 would be deadly. I'm m sure he would exploit the spaces around him. Terrific movement.
Agree Frank movement was impressive and was hoping Turnbull would compliment him but not to be.... looks like he's a cool head in the big moments...think we've got a class boy there.👍🍀

I dont understand the praise for biton at all. He set up a goal but caused 2. He played in CB for a bit of experience?? Really??
The big man can ping a pass, he's a midfielder being used as a stop gap centre half, and he's caught out of position and doesn't cover for the full backs when they go upfield
Same for Soro, I like the wee man, but he is lost at times and doesn't back up the overlapping full backs, plus he dives into rash challenges after he loses the ball
I prefer to see Bitton in as mid, but understand why Ange uses him at the back at times, but the sooner we get a true centre half in, the better

Last edited:
Agree Frank movement was impressive and was hoping Turnbull would compliment him but not to be.... looks like he's a cool head in the big moments...think we've got a class boy there.👍🍀
Took his goal really well, shades of Henrik with the way he controlled the through ball and dinked it over the keeper
Turnbull's been off the boil lately imho
It'll be a while until we gel perfectly, but the signs are there, that Ange has them on the right track

In other news......Messi is leaving Barca!!! Get him signed!!!
He fecken 34, and wants £350k a week, ANY CLUB that takes him on at the cost are only doing it to sell strips, he’s on the slide, Barcelona are the poorest they’ve been for a generation both on and off the field, they can’t afford to keep him, he’s off on a free transfer only PSG and Man City can afford him

He fecken 34, and wants £350k a week, ANY CLUB that takes him on at the cost are only doing it to sell strips, he’s on the slide, Barcelona are the poorest they’ve been for a generation both on and off the field, they can’t afford to keep him, he’s off on a free transfer only PSG and Man City can afford him
Messi, how can he survive on that ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 😭😭😭😭
Fucking ridiculous sums of money paid out in sports these days
Check this out:

It was previously revealed that Messi's last contract paid him $674 million over the four-year term ($168.5 million per year), thus the new deal is expected to pay him close to $85 million per year and just over $420 million should he remain at the club for the duration.Jul. 17, 2021

Members online

Latest posts

Back