Forgive and Forget

Brendan Rodgers is being highly quoted to be our next manager. There no denying his ability.But can we trust him. Myself I would be willing to take the chance
Can we trust him? No. Obviously. Do we need to trust him? Different story man, BR will know we're not going to believe a feckin word he says so we'll not have to put up with that pish. If he were to bring back the 4-5 nil humpings of the orcs then I think I could stomach it. As soon as his ego kicks off, and it inevitably will, we get to tar and feather him though (write it in his contract's fine print). 😁

Can we trust him? No. Obviously. Do we need to trust him? Different story man, BR will know we're not going to believe a feckin word he says so we'll not have to put up with that pish. If he were to bring back the 4-5 nil humpings of the orcs then I think I could stomach it. As soon as his ego kicks off, and it inevitably will, we get to tar and feather him though (write it in his contract's fine print). 😁
Save the tar and feather money and keep him away.

Brendan Rodgers is being highly quoted to be our next manager. There no denying his ability.But can we trust him. Myself I would be willing to take the chance
Not for me Danny Bhoy... We have a wee saying for folk like him that sneak off in the middle of the night /season then try to win your heart back when it awe goes teeth sorry tits up..... It's...

Fuck'm...

P. S he'll be a fekin cert noo

I have not forgotten the inVIncible season - that was glorious. I have not forgotten the midnight flit by Rodgers either. I understand there was a lot of internal fighting with the board but the way he left us in the shite with two important games in Edinburgh in the next 5 days was terrible.

I maybe not have forgiven him either but I am beyond berating him though if he visited Parkhead as a spectator or for events.

Could he do a job for us if he returned as manager? Yes! But too many fans still can't stand the man and there is zero trust so he should not be considered IMO.

Knutsen, Potter & Enzo are all excellent candidates, so Lawwell will go cheap and bring in Jack Ross!

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be surprised if Ange does alright…..he has been underestimated before, and he seems to thrive on folk righting him off…..If he gets the players and fans believing in his ideas imo he will surprise a few people…
Very fair points, Imatim. If I'm being honest, I have to say that taking the job to manage our club was probably more of a gamble for him, at least in terms of his personal ambitions, than upping sticks and moving to Spurs. Let's not forget the absolute turmoil we found ourselves in.

I think it's safe to say he'll stick rigidly to his playing system. And why wouldn't he ?
The obvious difference is the calibre of opposition he will face on a weekly basis.
However, he will now have access to funds which will allow him to scout players of a standard needed to compete at the required level.

In truth, I'm not really that interested in his future. Don't get me wrong, I feel no bitterness towards him. Whether he is successful or not is completely irrelevant to me; but without doubt, he is a top coach.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ange does alright…..he has been underestimated before, and he seems to thrive on folk righting him off…..If he gets the players and fans believing in his ideas imo he will surprise a few people…
I wonder if he will get the time. He has said himself that it can take up to 6 months to get his ideas over and the teams playing the way he wants.
Spurs had a really bad season and their fans don’t seem very impressed by his appointment. I don’t know he’ll get 6 months if things start badly.
But like Frank I’m no longer interested in AP...he’s not our manager any more....sink or swim makes no difference to me.

Last edited:
Very fair points, Imatim. If I'm being honest, I have to say that taking the job to manage our club was probably more of a gamble for him, at least in terms of his personal ambitions, than upping sticks and moving to Spurs. Let's not forget the absolute turmoil we found ourselves in.

I think it's safe to say he'll stick rigidly to his playing system. And why wouldn't he ?
The obvious difference is the calibre of opposition he will face on a weekly basis.
However, he will now have access to funds which will allow him to scout players of a standard needed to compete at the required level.

In truth, I'm not really that interested in his future. Don't get me wrong, I feel no bitterness towards him. Whether he is successful or not is completely irrelevant to me; but without doubt, he is a top coach.
Spot on sir Francis
I have no doubt we will see pretty shortly the same media conferences, same statements etc
It’ll be a similar start and a similar improvement.
The only doubt I have is recruitment, he’s buying in a market he’s never shopped in and many managers have spent fortunes and been made to look fools

I wonder if he will get the time. He has said himself that it can take up to 6 months to get his ideas over and the teams playing the way he wants.
Spurs had a really bad season and their fans don’t seem vey impressed by his appointment. I don’t know he’ll get 6 months if things start badly.
But like Frank I’m no longer interested in AP...he’s not our manager any more....sink or swim makes no difference to me.

Ange getting a 4 year contract surprised me….. that potentially indicates to me that the Spurs Board are changing direction and buying in to what Ange has to sell…..they’ve had the big names and it didn’t work…..like I’ve said previously, if Ange gets the players and the fans on side he very well may surprise a few…

Members online

Latest posts

Back