Forgotten Celtic loanee could still have a future at Celtic Park after receiving rave reviews

He’s a strange one, makes you wonder about our signing policies, you’d be lucky if he’s spend 2 weeks in Scotland, I wish we’d stop sending our players out on loan abroad, loan them out here, let’s see what they can do in Scotland, in Scottish weather, playing against Scottish players, hopefully taking points of the Huns.....

I don't think he has a permit to play in Scotland. I'm not sure he'll ever get one either.

I think we've done Andrew Gutman a great disservice. Watched him against Columbus Crew SC in the MLS tournament in Orlando. He was subbed in at the start of the 2nd half where Columbus went on to win 4-0. He held his own, but was fairly marginal in the outcome of the game. Part of the problem is he's playing for FC Cincinnati, possibly the worst team in MLS, and he's not getting the experience, and probably not getting the guidance, he needs.

Whatever "visa problem" exists in bringing him to Celtic (pre-Covid, anyway) should have been cleared up months (years?) ago, and he should have been loaned out to a club in Scotland/England/Europe.

I think we've done Andrew Gutman a great disservice. Watched him against Columbus Crew SC in the MLS tournament in Orlando. He was subbed in at the start of the 2nd half where Columbus went on to win 4-0. He held his own, but was fairly marginal in the outcome of the game. Part of the problem is he's playing for FC Cincinnati, possibly the worst team in MLS, and he's not getting the experience, and probably not getting the guidance, he needs.

Whatever "visa problem" exists in bringing him to Celtic (pre-Covid, anyway) should have been cleared up months (years?) ago, and he should have been loaned out to a club in Scotland/England/Europe.
Visa's ae easy to get but it could be he's not yet met the criteria to gain one how long has he been playing in the MSL was he not playing college football (soccer) before his move , most visa's for the epl are only granted if the player has international caps but not so strict in Scotland

Think it was a work permit issue,him and perez did not meet the required criteria,this should have been checked before signing them,sloppy!
But if he was playing college instead of MSL he would fall short of the criteria if he's now gettin games in the MSL maybe he will be closer to gaining a visa

strange signing right enough ,,,i mean we had jack hendry

I think he would need to be a regular USA international to qualify for a work permit, but they do make exceptions to that rule, the club would need to plead his case to the immigration authorities, it can be done, and has been in the past, Tommy Burns did it in the past with that waster that went to Chelsea whose name I can’t remember 🤣 hun star player more-or-less got one too

Back