Former Celt Charly Musonda admits slim chance of football return after injury

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
His attitude, possibly wasn't right
A young player who got bad advice, and his opportunity came to soon (he was still a kid) and his head got turned, now he's got a bad inury
Look at CalMac, Jamesie & Ryan, how they got their heads down, and worked to get to where they are today
Many a 'wonderkid' has fallen by the way side
If it's his ACL, that's a horrendous injury to come back from, but by the sounds of it, he's given up, after being told the chances of recovery, and playing top flight football again, are slim
He needs some good advice from professionals who can help him get back, on the right mental & physical track, and possibly back into the game
Good luck to the boy
HH

Former Celt Charly Musonda admits slim chance of football return after injury...real shame for the lad, hope he gets back to playing if possible

I don't really understand the "former Celt" bit. He came, he saw, he fucked it. Loaned and disowned, never a Celt.

His attitude, possibly wasn't right
A young player who got bad advice, and his opportunity came to soon (he was still a kid) and his head got turned, now he's got a bad inury
Look at CalMac, Jamesie & Ryan, how they got their heads down, and worked to get to where they are today
Many a 'wonderkid' has fallen by the way side
If it's his ACL, that's a horrendous injury to come back from, but by the sounds of it, he's given up, after being told the chances of recovery, and playing top flight football again, are slim
He needs some good advice from professionals who can help him get back, on the right mental & physical track, and possibly back into the game
Good luck to the boy
HH
The three you mention are great examples of young lads who applied themselves diligently, modestly and with a certain amount of decorum. The way to be a success is hard work and not the big I am attitude. Let's see if Charlie comes back wit the attitude of the professionals you name or the just the same I Am.

The EPL is a graveyard in general for all of these young boys.
I was speaking to a class old Tim that was selling vintage tools on gumtree and he said "these lads are offered to join a (mini) millionaire club at 17, you cannot compete with that. Pay your mums house off and you get a sports car"
Old cabbie my dad trusted used to shuttle me and my brothers from my da's to my ma's said
"I was a good player. Back in the day I worked with lads that were great players but the danger money down the pitts was better than kicking a baw" great lad. Kind as well. He became a family friend over time.
My Da and all of us went over to the park for a kickabout. (I'll need to ask my old man if he was calling the cunt out on his foot balling ability or not)
To be fair to him he curled left and right foot crosses outside of the boot onto my wee brothers napper from the corner at 65 at that time. The skill to do that. My Da was on the other edge of the box.
What a shit nex gen we must of looked like haha
My Da was technically great played football all day as a boy, my uncles and everyone on the street.
That doesn't exist now.
My favourite memory is him dinking a tennis ball into a vase across the room. No flowers in it and it was after a game. He was probably pished I was about 7 or 8. It was class.
The ability of lads that grow with a ball at thier feet is second to none.
I don't have to list nations that grew players before masterclass training became a thing.
I only seen 4 in my immediate group that could of made it to a good level. 30 outside that could of went further. 2 played pro the rest boozered it.
"Black Alec fae Zulu" crazy title but the best player I've ever seen.
Tanned lived in Ayr. Looked mexican. No dough. Honest. Hard as nails and never really bothered about football. Weird combo.

I'm waffling but these stars that have been signed up and been given golden tickets by the EPL are dusted. The home grown rule means they are valuable ,but only till that expires.
Mickey hun hunter jambo Stewart put it best. Fitbaw is a middle class sport now for lads coming through.

If your skint and given a deal especially if your not from a wealthy nation ...your taking it. Some of the money these boys are on would make a high % of professionals cry themselfs to sleep.

The only route I currently can't slam is the German defectors. Pains me to say it. We lost a potentially great CB. Not just us but there is a list of nations lost great potential to that set up.
No shite jokes about youth.
Good at it and know how to gain recruits 🙄

Delete that last sentence haha

I was speaking to a class old Tim that was selling vintage tools on gumtree and he said "these lads are offered to join a (mini) millionaire club at 17, you cannot compete with that. Pay your mums house off and you get a sports car"
Old cabbie my dad trusted used to shuttle me and my brothers from my da's to my ma's said
"I was a good player. Back in the day I worked with lads that were great players but the danger money down the pitts was better than kicking a baw" great lad. Kind as well. He became a family friend over time.
My Da and all of us went over to the park for a kickabout. (I'll need to ask my old man if he was calling the cunt out on his foot balling ability or not)
To be fair to him he curled left and right foot crosses outside of the boot onto my wee brothers napper from the corner at 65 at that time. The skill to do that. My Da was on the other edge of the box.
My Da was technically great played football all day as a boy, my uncles and everyone on the street.
That doesn't exist now.
My favourite memory is him dinking a tennis ball into a vase across the room. No flowers in it and it was after a game. He was probably pished I was about 7 or 8. It was class.
I don't have to list nations that grew players before masterclass training became a thing.
I only seen 4 in my immediate group that could of made it to a good level. 30 outside that could of went further. 2 played pro the rest boozered it.
Tanned lived in Ayr. Looked mexican. No dough. Honest. Hard as nails and never really bothered about football. Weird combo.

I'm waffling but these stars that have been signed up and been given golden tickets by the EPL are dusted. The home grown rule means they are valuable ,but only till that expires.
Mickey hun hunter jambo Stewart put it best. Fitbaw is a middle class sport now for lads coming through.

If your skint and given a deal especially if your not from a wealthy nation ...your taking it. Some of the money these boys are on would make a high % of professionals cry themselfs to sleep.

The only route I currently can't slam is the German defectors. Pains me to say it. We lost a potentially great CB. Not just us but there is a list of nations lost great potential to that set up.

👏 👏👏👏👏

That doesn't exist now.

That was a great read Bobo
I played, until age and injuries, started to take their toll
Eve played into my forties, then took one too many sore ones,from guys who were 20 years old, in their heads, but had lost a step or two and caught me late a few times, as we know, what used to take a couple of days to heal up, then took 2 weeks, or more, and when you start to lose work because of it, you have to have a word with yourself
Knew a few boys who were head and shoulders above everyone else
Some, made it to pro's, The old English First Division (showing my age here)
Somebody inquired as to how far I'd gone, I said, I never made it to the pro's but did OK, playing, travelling etc
I said, "A lot better players, then me, never made it, so I am happy with the way life has turned out, and I have some great memories from the beautiful game, to think back on
Again, I enjoyed your post, took me back to boyhood days, when all we did from sun up, to sundown, was kick a football around the streets, schools, parks etc
Stay safe

Eve played into my forties, then took one too many sore ones,from guys who were 20 years old, in their heads, but had lost a step or two and caught me late a few times, as we know, what used to take a couple of days to heal up, then took 2 weeks, or more, and when you start to lose work because of it, you have to have a word with yourself
Somebody inquired as to how far I'd gone, I said, I never made it to the pro's but did OK, playing, travelling etc
I said, "A lot better players, then me, never made it, so I am happy with the way life has turned out, and I have some great memories from the beautiful game, to think back on
Again, I enjoyed your post, took me back to boyhood days, when all we did from sun up, to sundown, was kick a football around the streets, schools, parks etc
Stay safe
HH I shared memories the best I could. Warms my heart talking about it.
Calm yer sel I'm only
32 that was a tribute and an nod.
To the bhoys that know fitbaw.
It was still something that it in me. That's attitude. You can spot a player that that gets it and knows what he has earned and is one of us

Stay safe
Best reply I've had on here HH

Latest posts

Back