Four Celtic men paint an extremely worrying picture about the way our club is being run

Four Celtic men paint an extremely worrying picture about the way our club is being run...this is essential reading. There is so much to take in from what is being said in here and the support really does need to know what has been going on...

https://thecelticstar.com/four-celt...-picture-about-the-way-our-club-is-being-run/

Jeez, you whacked that out the ballpark.

I’m torn, i know financially he’s good but its nigh on impossible not to agree with whats written in this article.

For me, the point needs to be made to Peter Lawwell that he has to speculate to accumulate. If he is everything many people say he is, namely a greedy, self-serving capitalist pigdog who has been bleeding Celtic dry for years, then he won't give a shit and nothing will change, but I've never believed that to be true. I think he's a businessman and he operates within that world , but I think his actions, however deleterious they have been, arise more from his maintenance of an extremely fiscally conservative business model for the club, one which arises from the mind of Dermot Desmond.

Both of these men, as Sutton said in that piece for the Wreckord, need to react to this blow against our club by going on the offensive - or maybe we won't even be in a position to qualify for the CL next season. You never fucking know. Negativity and instability are viral.

Really interesting reading. I remember recently the clamour amongst our supporters for the imminent return of John Park. At the time I remember that the question was put to lenny in an interview about Park returning. Lenny answered (I can't remember now exactly the wording) with what appeared to be a wry smile and "well have to wait and see " answer or words to that effect. I thought at the time it was on , only to read soon after that Park had distanced himself from the position. That surprised me. Looking back and having just read your post WC, it would appear to me that there's no chance park will ever return whilst PL has control over everything. I have also become more and more aware of the fact that PL shoulders (rightly or wrongly) pretty much the blame for all that goes wrong at the club, whilst the man where the buck ultimately stops DD is never criticised. This irritates me , not that lawell gets rightly criticised, but that DD is nowhere and we have heard nothing from our leader. Why have we not? Should he not be reassuring us that all is well despite the setback? I think he should. He's not some silent shareholder. Others may disagree. One thing that's indisputable is that we have gone backwards in European football terms. From yearly big hitting underdogs to yearly underachieving big fish ripe for the taking. Now we are looking at the possibility of no European football at all. I still feel we'll make it, aik, I think are a better side than cluj at this time. Still if lenny plays players in the right positions we should still have enough quality. If we fail to qualify then only the support can be the bringers of real change. It's not great to read this as we head into the most important season of all.

Interesting read, as are the four individual articles, all pointing in one direction. We need a Director of Football/Sporting Director working beside but not for the CEO and fully responsible for the whole Football Department, Manager, Academy, Recruitment, Sport Science and Analysis, all working to a clear strategy and given a budget to do so.
We need the CEO as far away from footballing decisions as possible, he’s not qualified, he should count the cash and better still generate new revenues that don’t involve fleecing the supporters.

Really interesting reading. I remember recently the clamour amongst our supporters for the imminent return of John Park. At the time I remember that the question was put to lenny in an interview about Park returning. Lenny answered (I can't remember now exactly the wording) with what appeared to be a wry smile and "well have to wait and see " answer or words to that effect. I thought at the time it was on , only to read soon after that Park had distanced himself from the position. That surprised me. Looking back and having just read your post WC, it would appear to me that there's no chance park will ever return whilst PL has control over everything. I have also become more and more aware of the fact that PL shoulders (rightly or wrongly) pretty much the blame for all that goes wrong at the club, whilst the man where the buck ultimately stops DD is never criticised. This irritates me , not that lawell gets rightly criticised, but that DD is nowhere and we have heard nothing from our leader. Why have we not? Should he not be reassuring us that all is well despite the setback? I think he should. He's not some silent shareholder. Others may disagree. One thing that's indisputable is that we have gone backwards in European football terms. From yearly big hitting underdogs to yearly underachieving big fish ripe for the taking. Now we are looking at the possibility of no European football at all. I still feel we'll make it, aik, I think are a better side than cluj at this time. Still if lenny plays players in the right positions we should still have enough quality. If we fail to qualify then only the support can be the bringers of real change. It's not great to read this as we head into the most important season of all.

Correct. The lineup was the most bizarre in anyones nut for sure

For me, the point needs to be made to Peter Lawwell that he has to speculate to accumulate. If he is everything many people say he is, namely a greedy, self-serving capitalist pigdog who has been bleeding Celtic dry for years, then he won't give a shit and nothing will change, but I've never believed that to be true. I think he's a businessman and he operates within that world , but I think his actions, however deleterious they have been, arise more from his maintenance of an extremely fiscally conservative business model for the club, one which arises from the mind of Dermot Desmond.

Both of these men, as Sutton said in that piece for the Wreckord, need to react to this blow against our club by going on the offensive - or maybe we won't even be in a position to qualify for the CL next season. You never fucking know. Negativity and instability are viral.
I think, in the interests of balance, there has to be an op-ed that perhaps allies close to the board can publish which will explain the reasons why business has been conducted in the way that it has.

Among the many criticisms aimed at the board, one of the pertinent accusations is that they have not been forthright and transparent when discussing strategy and while it does not have to breach internal security, some form of public statement would possibly enlighten and appease the fans, particularly if they were to learn that work is ongoing to remedy all concerning issues.

Any and all criticisms may well be valid, but the board would surely see the benefit in asserting their right to reply. It is the withholding of relevant data that directly influences the constant speculation and this isn't constructive, especially when apparently well-placed sources are divulging information through alternative channels and giving the mainstream media the ammunition to publish more tittle-tattle regarding the club's affairs.

The unprecedented success we have had ( domestically ) in recent times is all the more remarkable when you consider all that has been going on in the background .
Imagine how much more we might achieve if everyone at the Club was doing their OWN job and everyone was pulling in the same direction !

I read the article with great interest. As I said elsewhere this is a really disappointing time, that could short term get worse. But it is far from a black day of which I have seen many and seen them first hand at that. Raith Rovers anyone?
Anyway on very very good authority, Julian not a Lennon signing and is slow as a week in the jail. One more centre half being sought. Right back highly rated but still finding fitness. Boli also highly regarded but needs to understand our tactics and discipline himself defending wise.
On Cluj the players thought it was a done deal and underestimated the task! Hence the first half. Not great but there it is.
Anyway we are supporters of a team that has won the last 9 domestic trophies and if we let negativity abound we leave the door open to losing the league. I was not in favour of Lennons appointment but he is here now. We need to support him and if for example the Green Brigade feel like they want to indulge in a bit of navel gazing Lawwell criticism maybe they should consider the bigger picture and tell the players and the rest of our support and external forces that we are actually "faithful through and through" and are up for the fight.
Let's not beat ourselves, please.

I read the article with great interest. As I said elsewhere this is a really disappointing time, that could short term get worse. But it is far from a black day of which I have seen many and seen them first hand at that. Raith Rovers anyone?
Anyway on very very good authority, Julian not a Lennon signing and is slow as a week in the jail. One more centre half being sought. Right back highly rated but still finding fitness. Boli also highly regarded but needs to understand our tactics and discipline himself defending wise.
On Cluj the players thought it was a done deal and underestimated the task! Hence the first half. Not great but there it is.
Anyway we are supporters of a team that has won the last 9 domestic trophies and if we let negativity abound we leave the door open to losing the league. I was not in favour of Lennons appointment but he is here now. We need to support him and if for example the Green Brigade feel like they want to indulge in a bit of navel gazing Lawwell criticism maybe they should consider the bigger picture and tell the players and the rest of our support and external forces that we are actually "faithful through and through" and are up for the fight.
Let's not beat ourselves, please.

Yep!

A house divided.....you know the rest

Interesting read, as are the four individual articles, all pointing in one direction. We need a Director of Football/Sporting Director working beside but not for the CEO and fully responsible for the whole Football Department, Manager, Academy, Recruitment, Sport Science and Analysis, all working to a clear strategy and given a budget to do so.
We need the CEO as far away from footballing decisions as possible, he’s not qualified, he should count the cash and better still generate new revenues that don’t involve fleecing the supporters.

I totally agree Gary 67 an excellent post. Forward thinking and how to solve the shambles that’s obviously going on behind the scenes at Celtic with regards to recruitment. No apologies from them just get things like these suggestions in place for the future. And maybe a dollop of transparency might help too from Celtic Board.

Typical silence from PL and his cronies.
Anytime there are problems at Celtic there is silence from them.
Just like matters at SFA SPFL or the Huns which matter to Celtic - silence.
The only time you hear from the board is when its to do with disco lights, hotels or profits.

Have just finished reading these 4 articles. Interesting reading it’s time the Quiet man spoke time for DD to tell us the fans, what why and where we’re headed. In 19 days the Window closes so let’s get the Players that wee mentioned for the CL. Build the Team for next Season’s CL qualifying. Spend now and at the next window get the players in.
Only DD can do what’s needed to get this up and running cause I’m sick fed up of our best players leaving and we get knocked out of the CL and we stop spending. Or the money we get in is put in the bank as financial cover.
Let’s get the players NOW as I think it was Milsy we have speculate to accumulate let’s make the plan win 9iar then go all out with more players in and bedded in and stop this playing at it.
And all this can happen if DD gets the finger out NOW. And tell Lawwell you get a bonus for Celtic Qualifying for the CL.
Not having the best Bank balance in the SPL
Pish League.
With a good Travelodge Hotel but the Best Team in Scotland.
So please get the Finger out DD or at leasttell us what your plans are. Please.

HH ??

I think, in the interests of balance, there has to be an op-ed that perhaps allies close to the board can publish which will explain the reasons why business has been conducted in the way that it has.

Among the many criticisms aimed at the board, one of the pertinent accusations is that they have not been forthright and transparent when discussing strategy and while it does not have to breach internal security, some form of public statement would possibly enlighten and appease the fans, particularly if they were to learn that work is ongoing to remedy all concerning issues.

Any and all criticisms may well be valid, but the board would surely see the benefit in asserting their right to reply. It is the withholding of relevant data that directly influences the constant speculation and this isn't constructive, especially when apparently well-placed sources are divulging information through alternative channels and giving the mainstream media the ammunition to publish more tittle-tattle regarding the club's affairs.

Absolutely.

All reasonable people, and it's important to remember that their are a very small minority of moonhowlers among our own support who like nothing better than turmoil, really want is a bit more transparency over what's happening.

Imagine, as a pure hypothetical, there's actually an excellent reason why Celtic can't invest heavily in the squad - by remaining silent to the support, they're allowing all kinds of narratives of discontent to take hold.

And, actually, it could be that there is major and potentially devastating discontent going on behind the scenes at Celtic. I doubt this, though of course there are problems that we aren't privy to - and sometimes we ought not to be privy to them, as 100% transparency in any organisation is not realistic or beneficial.

But there are moments when the division between club hierarchy and the fan base has to be closed, as it's growing wider and wider. This can only be bad for us. Nothing good in footballing terms ever comes out of this kind of disharmony - history, including that of our own, serves up many good examples of this.

I thought after the start of the competitive season that this schism would heal, but we're almost back to when Lenny was named manager. We're almost back, in terms of fan perception, to Ronny Deila. The board have to make a move here to at least try to heal this rift and listen to what the vast majority of Celtic fans are saying. What I fear is that certain members of the hierarchy would have to own up to being wrong and to handling things badly - that ain't gonna happen.

Four Celtic men paint an extremely worrying picture about the way our club is being run...this is essential reading. There is so much to take in from what is being said in here and the support really does need to know what has been going on...

https://thecelticstar.com/four-celt...-picture-about-the-way-our-club-is-being-run/

I must admit I'm thoroughly enjoying reading articles on the celtic star, so please keep up the great work?

I think PL, like myself is a bit of a Football Manager ninja. But PL has obviously out grown the PC game & is now living the dream, as topman at Celtic. I thought PL's job as CEO was tae attract sponsors, make sure the club was on a stable finacial footing, all departments are running fine.

Then we find out a club the size of Celtic has no meaningful scouting system in place. Celtic as always been renowned for its scouting system. What baffles me is how a manager can come in & have the power tae make sweeping changes unchallenged. Then bugger off at the 1st opportunity leaving a trail of destruction behind him.

Over the last 5 decades I've seen the great, the shit & total despair. I thought the days of Celtic pressing the self destruct button were long gone.

☘️HAIL HAIL☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️

I must admit I'm thoroughly enjoying reading articles on the celtic star, so please keep up the great work?

I think PL, like myself is a bit of a Football Manager ninja. But PL has obviously out grown the PC game & is now living the dream, as topman at Celtic. I thought PL's job as CEO was tae attract sponsors, make sure the club was on a stable finacial footing, all departments are running fine.

Then we find out a club the size of Celtic has no meaningful scouting system in place. Celtic as always been renowned for its scouting system. What baffles me is how a manager can come in & have the power tae make sweeping changes unchallenged. Then bugger off at the 1st opportunity leaving a trail of destruction behind him.

Over the last 5 decades I've seen the great, the shit & total despair. I thought the days of Celtic pressing the self destruct button were long gone.

☘️HAIL HAIL☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️
we've always phuqed it when we've had our boot on their necks for as long as i can remember Tartan Tim,strange eh.....