French Eddy

I'm not sure it's fair to say he hasn't tried a leg this season; but I'm absolutely sure he doesn't want to be here. I would agree totally that he has been below par though. Thing is, I would say the same for almost the whole squad. Ajer apart, I struggle to think of any player who has had a degree of consistency in his play. Most of us seem to feel Eddie just isn't the same playing on his own up front. Also, the quality of player he's being asked to partner at times leaves much to be desired. I'm certainly not looking for excuses for him, I absolutely think it's time for him to go. He's become a bit of a conundrum for sure. But that could be said about the whole squad. Maybe even the whole club. I'm still struggling to come to terms with what has been a seismic collapse.

Perhaps Eddie will return to France, if another Covd outbreak should emerge he would be closer to his family. As for the Heid, went into the back garden and found another yin. Keep safe Dill. By the by hiv ye hud yer wee jag yet.
No, I'm far too young for the vaccine
If I was still working I'd get it faster, but no rush
Mon eh Jags
HH
Eddie, thanks for the memories, good luck to you in the future
HH

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's fair to say he hasn't tried a leg this season; but I'm absolutely sure he doesn't want to be here. I would agree totally that he has been below par though. Thing is, I would say the same for almost the whole squad. Ajer apart, I struggle to think of any player who has had a degree of consistency in his play. Most of us seem to feel Eddie just isn't the same playing on his own up front. Also, the quality of player he's being asked to partner at times leaves much to be desired. I'm certainly not looking for excuses for him, I absolutely think it's time for him to go. He's become a bit of a conundrum for sure. But that could be said about the whole squad. Maybe even the whole club. I'm still struggling to come to terms with what has been a seismic collapse.
It must be hard, no matter how much money you're on, to walk into such a toxic environment, knowing that there isn't anything, you can do to change it, as you're not in control
Once again, Turnbull is subbed, Soro's on the bench, and Griffiths gets less than 10 minutes to 'save the game'
The biscuit tin is alive and well, and that's why John Kennedy will be given the job permanently
Au revoir Eddie, you scored some crackers for us
HH

I'd move heaven and earth to keep Eddy, and build a team around him. Tell him he's the main man, give him a quality, complimentary strike partner and pump up a new contract with a big fuck-off payday when he quits in a copule of seasons.

People pointed the finger at Moussa before he left, probably me too, accusing him of laziness, downing tools, then he's become hot property across Europe, and we find out he was right all along about the way he was managed by The Snake.

Celtic shouldn't be repeating that mistake. We should be correcting it with Eddy. We can't afford a better replacement, so bargain with what we've got, because he's class and if you can't see it, pack it in.

Probably too late, however. Would need a marquee managerial arrival in the next month or so to turn his mind.

I'd move heaven and earth to keep Eddy, and build a team around him. Tell him he's the main man, give him a quality, complimentary strike partner and pump up a new contract with a big fuck-off payday when he quits in a copule of seasons.

People pointed the finger at Moussa before he left, probably me too, accusing him of laziness, downing tools, then he's become hot property across Europe, and we find out he was right all along about the way he was managed by The Snake.

Celtic shouldn't be repeating that mistake. We should be correcting it with Eddy. We can't afford a better replacement, so bargain with what we've got, because he's class and if you can't see it, pack it it.

Probably too late, however. Would need a marquee managerial arrival in the next month or so to turn his mind.
It is too late......The player at his best will be on top wages soon.....but not with us I'm afraid

As much as eddy is a big lazy lookin cunt,,,he’s carried our frontline this shambles of a season,ajeti,klimala,,,,and tik tok griff have done shit all. Two out that three still not fully fit and seasons just aboot done.thats how much commitment they’ve showed the badge...oor season didny end today,it ended game one against Hamilton when Lenny decided we needed a two day break...

I think I must be the only one that doesn't get the whole 'eddie is brilliant' chat - hey and that's football. Yes the lad has unbelievable talent but without the drive he's just the run of the mill striker. He really should be setting the heather alight up here. For a modern striker who can't hold the ball up in Scottish and European games it's shocking. He can't play as a one man upfront, so he is absolutely no use to us in Europe.

He isn't a patch on Moussa (different types of players) or the king of kings. And when he's not in the mood.....he's not in the mood. The lad is young and is impressive for France u21's but i doubt he'll make it to the top. Give me Hooper every day of the week.... the 'wanna wanna be Edward" is very fitting he's a wanna be.

Cash in now and lets move on.

Agree with all of it boab but it is on the pitch that I care about, great to have a well run club that's financially secure, can buy players and make money ( that I wont recieve any , just a pass to paradise bs , means nothing to me ( oh Vienna 😛) if the players perform like that , we could be as rich a man city but if the players and management team are so poor , theres no benefit to me on the field of play and tbh that's what we all care about the most. I do agree with you still HH ☘
Hi Winter, which position does Vienna play and dae ye think we can get him. HH

Frank, if we all agree that Eddie needs a sparring partner up front then how is it that Lennon or Kennedy are blind to this. Saying that, how is a team supposed to win in Europe when we play without any strikers on the park. HH

Frank, if we all agree that Eddie needs a sparring partner up front then how is it that Lennon or Kennedy are blind to this. Saying that, how is a team supposed to win in Europe when we play without any strikers on the park. HH
Every time we play Ajeti or Klimala we are playing without a striker. Griff can't buy a game and yet he is the most instinctive striker we have. Must have told them all to piss off already and waiting for his move to Hibs to finish out his career. I reckon Griff has 50+ Celtic goals left in him. Hey ho.

Last edited:
I don't believe for a minute that our coaching staff don't see the fact that Eddie is more productive with a partner. Just look at the second half of last season and the chemistry between Eddie and Griff. This season ? Well, for me Griff has been near enough the biggest disappointment on the playing staff; unfit even at this late juncture in the season. Klimala ? Ajeti ? In my opinion, neither is good enough. I believe Eddie genuinely has the potential to go on and be a truly top class player; however, I also believe he's not an out-and-out number 9 or old fashioned target man.

We forget sometimes how young Eddie is, and yet he carries a huge weight of expectation on his shoulders. As for the Europe thing, I'm as puzzled as the rest of us. HH

I wont say that klimala or Ajeti arent good enough for Celtic simply because neither have had enough minutes on the park for me to come to that conclusion. That may well change when eddy does leave. I also agree with Frank's comments above on Griffiths, he has let us all down badly yet hes still lauded. His abilities arent in question but his attitude certainly is and it's probably the reason why he cant buy a game. Griffiths had an almost god like status at the club which he himself has single handedly destroyed, his 'self-evident ' tee - shirt protest was Ill advised as well. Hed have been better doing his talking on the park and not just because he scored a goal. Of course the problems run deeper than just his unprofessionalism but hes a senior figure at the club and it's a sad state of affairs when I reckon he could take a leaf out of eddys book who is still only a young lad and does do his talking on the park. HH

I wont say that klimala or Ajeti arent good enough for Celtic )( I WILL)....simply because neither have had enough minutes on the park for me to come to that conclusion. That may well change when eddy does leave. I also agree with Frank's comments above on Griffiths, he has let us all down badly yet hes still lauded. His abilities arent in question but his attitude certainly is and it's probably the reason why he cant buy a game. Griffiths had an almost god like status at the club which he himself has single handedly destroyed, his 'self-evident ' tee - shirt protest was Ill advised as well. Hed have been better doing his talking on the park and not just because he scored a goal. Of course the problems run deeper than just his unprofessionalism but hes a senior figure at the club and it's a sad state of affairs when I reckon he could take a leaf out of eddys book who is still only a young lad and does do his talking on the park..... (DO YOU MEAN DOWNING TOOLS BECAUSE HE DID NOT GET A MOVE?)

Griffiths is the biggest disappointment of them all... natural finisher with a terrible attitude.. Eddie, loads of skill and ability but doesn't know how to play team football properly.. Klimala, loads of endeavour but lacks the killer ability...Ajeti? Probably do better at a team with lesser expectation than us

Punt them all

Members online

Latest posts

Back