Get a grip Celtic noise - Lets be positive

If we take another mauling in Europe then drop points against the sheep Lenny will either have to jump or be pushed. If he's supposedly on a yellow card he has to make better decisions, motivate the team and surround himself with any experienced help he can.
In that scenario Shamrock, he could be P45'd on monday,because the fans/customers will be goin tonto!

If we take another mauling in Europe then drop points against the sheep Lenny will either have to jump or be pushed. If he's supposedly on a yellow card he has to make better decisions, motivate the team and surround himself with any experienced help he can.
Can't think of 2 bigger games he is facing in his managerial career

The way I see it all is like this,

Neil Lennon's last 15 games as manager have been directionless in all competitions, yet we still have managed to succeed in the league far better than in Europe.
But, when we look at the opposition in these games all have been mainly wins against teams we Should win against... IF... we are to be serious contenders for the title and the magical ten.

The two main teams that are a threat to that happening are as yet still threats.
One we have just played against has left our park with the points and the other lies in wait for us...at theirs.
That we have already played over 26% of games in the league and are well off the pace and summit has the alarms going off within our support.
Sevco are getting results that we neither expected of them nor did we believe WE would play so dis-functionally, for so long.

We cannot afford to drop another point, with the signs suggesting we are lucky to be only 4 points behind.
We have been very fortunate to get away with wins against St Mirren, Dundee UTD and St Johnstone....thats 6 points more than we might have had, otherwise possibly 10 points off the top.

That 'luck we carried will end'...but will Sevco's fortune end with them starting a losing streak?
We cannot take that risk.

For me theirs would be an unassailable lead this early and moreso because referees appear to giving Sevco a free rein...they don't deserve.
Should we address this now, irrespective of loving Neil or hating him?

It is sheer folly to assume Sevco will have another meltdown in the coming months just as they did last season.

If we drop points against Aberdeen on Sunday then things MUST change.
Is it better to cut loose from an unopen parachute and open your reserve........ to stave off the inevitable.
But......

How do we do this?
If we sack Neil, who replaces him?

Who out there is better than him, and will want to come to us anyway?

Do they have a winning pedigree and mentality?

Is it not daft to get someone else in who doesn't have a ready built knowledge of the team's abilities and their best strengths.

Experimenting at this stage of the season is playing from a weakness with no guarantee of success anyway.
Would Broony be qualified to play and manage Celtic despite his success on the park, knowledge and rapport with his team-mates.

....unless we can answer yes to even one of the above questions, we are unlikely to be any more successful and win the league with another manager than sticking with Neil.

Changing the man in the hotseat now, won't leave him with enough time to fix things and risks it all.
Neil, at least has won a few trophies in his own right and has it in him to correct the slide if he has help from his coaches/others around him.
I think our team, if its managed well will beat any Sevco team... we have the pedigree, and enough skill to motor on once our injuries lessen and full squad utilised.
The Celtic team runs itself, they show that week in and week out. Our guys can be successful even without a manager....its the nonsensical tampering by Neil that flies in the face of our slick cohesion.

Our scouting, strengthening and buying of new players in the last four windows has been poor to say the least.....but if you keep buying players by the dozen you're going to get it right eventually...and lately why Gerrard has been getting it right more often than not.

This January window will be more important than at anytime in our history, but only if if Peter is as concerned as we are.

........That said, its got to be Neil that fixes it and fast....very fast.

Last edited:
But who replaces him? that's the question, could it be WGS in partnership with his bhoy?
Muaahahahahaha! 🍺 🥳
Not for me MD but as a rule I don't like to talk about possible replacements all the while they are in a job as they will still get my support regardless until I couldn't put up with it any more. If there is any truth in this yellow card lark you can bet any possible replacements will already be sounded out but he is still our manager as things stand, that will change one day and today isn't that day yet

The way I see it all is like this,

Neil Lennon's last 15 games as manager have been directionless in all competitions, yet we still have managed to succeed in the league far better than in Europe.
But, when we look at the opposition in these games all have been mainly wins against teams we Should win against... IF... we are to be serious contenders for the title and the magical ten.

The two main teams that are a threat to that happening are as yet still threats.
One we have just played against has left our park with the points and the other lies in wait for us...at theirs.
That we have already played over 26% of games in the league and are well off the pace and summit has the alarms going off within our support.
Sevco are getting results that we neither expected of them nor did we believe WE would play so dis-functionally, for so long.

We cannot afford to drop another point, with the signs suggesting we are lucky to be only 4 points behind.
We have been very fortunate to get away with wins against St Mirren, Dundee UTD and St Johnstone....thats 6 points more than we might have had, otherwise possibly 10 points off the top.

That 'luck we carried will end'...but will Sevco's fortune end with them starting a losing streak?
We cannot take that risk.

For me theirs would be an unassailable lead this early and moreso because referees appear to giving Sevco a free rein...they don't deserve.
Should we address this now, irrespective of loving Neil or hating him?

It is sheer folly to assume Sevco will have another meltdown in the coming months just as they did last season.

If we drop points against Aberdeen on Sunday then things MUST change.
Is it better to cut loose from an unopen parachute and open your reserve........ to stave off the inevitable.
But......

How do we do this?
If we sack Neil, who replaces him?

Who out there is better than him, and will want to come to us anyway?

Do they have a winning pedigree and mentality?

Is it not daft to get someone else in who doesn't have a ready built knowledge of the team's abilities and their best strengths.

Experimenting at this stage of the season is playing from a weakness with no guarantee of success anyway.
Would Broony be qualified to play and manage Celtic despite his success on the park, knowledge and rapport with his team-mates.

....unless we can answer yes to even one of the above questions, we are unlikely to be any more successful and win the league with another manager than sticking with Neil.

Changing the man in the hotseat now, won't leave him with enough time to fix things and risks it all.
Neil, at least has won a few trophies in his own right and has it in him to correct the slide if he has help from his coaches/others around him.
I think our team, if its managed well will beat any Sevco team... we have the pedigree, and enough skill to motor on once our injuries lessen and full squad utilised.
The Celtic team runs itself, they show that week in and week out. Our guys can be successful even without a manager....its the nonsensical tampering by Neil that flies in the face of our slick cohesion.

Our scouting, strengthening and buying of new players in the last four windows has been poor to say the least.....but if you keep buying players by the dozen you're going to get it right eventually...and lately why Gerrard has been getting it right more often than not.

This January window will be more important than at anytime in our history, but only if if Peter is as concerned as we are.

........That said, its got to be Neil that fixes it and fast....very fast

Great points jc and of course any changes the board should make during a season and especially this one will be putting themselves in the firing line, so any desision they make a lot of careful thought would have to be put into it. All this speculation comes down to one thing only and that is confidence in Lennon. After the shitshow on Saturday it is becoming harder to defend his position as manager and that's why I think these next 2 games are crucial to him. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes and some of the news are alarming if true.
Lennys future will be decided on the pitch with results and the 2 loses to date both fall upon lennys shoulders and both were huge loses. In a lot of walks of life the 3 strike rule applys and lenny has had 2 so far this season. Let's face it if anyone else bar lenny was in the hot seat with what we have witnessed so far this season I believe they would have been out by now, such the cry for there head would have been to loud to ignore. But there is also a limit to how much the supporters will stand for and I believe we have reached that time now. Don't believe any of us would take any pleasure if Lenny was to lose his job, but the ball is still in his court and now it will be down to him how he plays it and weather he can restore the confidence that has been lost in him. I would love to see him turn things around I am not so sure he can or will and yet have the belief in the players even though so many seem to have let him down.

There's a lot of shit goin on Larry that we're only hearing in dribs and drabs. Duffy supposedly wasn't fit to play Saturday with an abscess in his mouth after getting two teeth removed. He said he wasn't feelin well, but was asked to play anyway and because of the situation, he played and has since been slaughtered for it.
Lennon only shows up to training on Friday, the same as Martin O'Neill used to do, but he's not Martin O'Neill. He was quoted after the last Hun humiliation that after watching the game back for five minutes he got sick of it so he switched it off. Stating there was no point in watching it as he would learn nothin from it. That to me is someone with a huge ego, something we all know Lennon has. Over half the team are sick of his bullying and his lack of tactics. He's fallen out with several players and staff members. The exact same shit as what happened at hibs. I could go on as that's only the tip of the iceberg.
I understand what you're saying about replacing the manager now could have a chaotic effect on the squad, but at least it would measured unlike the mess after the snake left.

I'm more than interested in hearing what you are alluding to.....if you could provide reliable sources to support things that would be appreciated. Cheers

But who replaces him? that's the question, could it be WGS in partnership with his bhoy?
Muaahahahahaha! 🍺 🥳

I can definitely see Gordon Strachan coming in short term if things continue to deteriorate.....I just hope Peter Lawwell is not priming Strachan's son to take over in conjunction with John Kennedy.....that would be a disaster...

I can definitely see Gordon Strachan coming in short term if things continue to deteriorate.....I just hope Peter Lawwell is not priming Strachan's son to take over in conjunction with John Kennedy.....that would be a disaster...
Hope tae feck Lenny can turn it around,he started us on the road tae ten, he should be the man to take us to ten,but the man ah seen in that dug out on saturday, wiznae Lenny
🍺 🥳

If young Strachan isn't popular with the players (I don't know if this is true or not) then bringing in his famously opinionsted and stubborn father is very unlikely to please the very players who have supposedly taken the huff!

I haven't got a clue who could salvage this this season if we blow the next few games (longer term I'd be delighted to have Eddie Howe) but DD has strong connections with a retired manager with a history of success...

(I seriously doubt that this would ever happen but why was that strange wee nugget about DD trying to persuade him to stop 10IAR released to the press a few months ago - posdibly to see if there would be an outcry by Tims about an ex-Deidco player managing us in case we needed an emergency plan B???)!

Saturday was our lowest ebb of this season...we are all agreed the effort, performance and disharmony in the club couldn't get any worse...
Today is the day where it starts...Today is the day the players start to play and fight as we know they can..Today is the day that us as fans, fall back in with each other and do what we do best.. getting behind the team.....we hope to win, we want a good performance too but most importantly we want 100% from every player for the full game

Positivety breeds Positivety

🍀🍀💚

Members online

Latest posts

Back