Great Celtic games

Another game that meant the square root of fuck all as far as meaningful goes, but another one I'll remember all my days was a testimonial doon at Old Trafford. Can't remember if it was for Bryan Robson or Mark Hughes, but Chico Charnley stole the show in his cameo appearance in The Hoops.

3-1 Celtic and Chico was set fair to be the new Messiah. Didn't work oot in the end, but at least a true, lifelong Celtic fan had the privilege of pulling on the shirt and pulling out a top performance and no-one can take that away from him.

Rent is low, unfortunately the tide is high in the tank though.

It's like an airbnb for returning toleys. Gonna start charging they floaters rent soon.
He's having you all on. His shed is like a boutique hotel filled with pink fluffy cushions, live love life on the wall and more crystal chandeliers than Liberace. Our SP loves his bling.
🤭 Oops have I been oversharing again SP?

I was at the game too and you're right when you say the atmosphere and the buzz in the crowd was like nothing I'd experienced nefore
With that game still to this day the biggest attendance in a European tie its unlikely that anyone will ever experience such an atmosphere ever again. I'm just a young pup in my head so the best atmospheres I have witnessed if shove came to push it would have to be our 125th anniversary the 2-1 v barcelona and recently the first half demolition of sevco plus our centenary title win where 45, 000 fans sounded like 90,000 because really there was about 90k at that game. You know the board are lying when fans must be chaperoned from the Celtic end to the rangers end down the touchline as play continued,.
Let's be honest here though that leeds game had 4 times approximately than what CP holds today

With that game still to this day the biggest attendance in a European tie its unlikely that anyone will ever experience such an atmosphere ever again. I'm just a young pup in my head so the best atmospheres I have witnessed if shove came to push it would have to be our 125th anniversary the 2-1 v barcelona and recently the first half demolition of sevco plus our centenary title win where 45, 000 fans sounded like 90,000 because really there was about 90k at that game. You know the board are lying when fans must be chaperoned from the Celtic end to the rangers end down the touchline as play continued,.
Let's be honest here though that leeds game had 4 times approximately than what CP holds today
Hahahaha I remember the centenary title-clinching game because it was against Dundee and I went through on the one solitary bus that the Dee Club put on because it was only half full.

About 35 Dundee fans in amongst at least 70-80 thousand Celtic fans. On the track, up the floodlights, hanging fae the rafters.......not a single inch to be found anywhere that wasn't marked by green and white. Jeans were wringin wie the pish that day as boys had no way o' getting to the back wall and my shirt had about 14,000 calories o' greasy pie and macaroon bars on it as there was a cascade of food at every goal and dodgy decision. Had to put the jersey on a diet after the game.

Great days.........

" Can't say I care too much for penalties either though"...Straight from wee Dixie's book of quotes!
Dixie Deans, the man who made me 'walk 500 miles' (hat tip to the Proclaimers)
Well, after that long night and his missed penalty no trains, all the buses gone, I walked the 25-30 miles, from Celtic Park to Greenock
Some of the Mr. Capocchi vans outside the stadium were a bit 'worse for wear' after the Italians knocked us out on penalties
Still, Dixie was a player, so he's forgiven :ROFLMAO:
HH

Being 62 I have seen a few great games, but for drama and ups and down emotion in one game, the 4-2ten men won the league game takes some beating, also beating Liverpool at Annfield was something else, when big bad John scored that second, I don't remember a feeling as good, loads a wins over the huns, so 6-2game is there as well, so many great wins, but these are a few off mine that stick out above the rest, I am hoping for one more when we clinch the league this year that will be up there as well when it happens

Members online

Latest posts

Back