green brigade protest against new board appointment

jinky58

Rather than having a silent protest can I suggest you ask supporters in the stadium not to purchase refreshments such as pies, bovril or anything else from the food stand you could also add to this purchasing half time raffle draw this would keep the atmosphere on game days but would let the board know you are serious and you could always make up the financial deficit at a later date when the board see sense.What do you think?

It would be a disgrace if this contemptible, arrogant, bully were to be appointed by Celtic. It would send out, completely the wrong message and be such a retrograde step. We do not need his ilk involved with us. Our supporters deserve better than this.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the majority of the support couldn't give a toss who the board appoint, they have no interest whatsoever, and if anything will back the Tories that are our board ahead of our supporters who have been victimised and criminalised by Police Scotland.
Higgins was the OBFA attack dog who's contempt for football supporters in general, and Celtic supporters in particular is well documented. Only our board could even consider, let alone appoint, him for any role at the club.

Good to see the GB put their spray cans down and put on hold painting motorway flyovers and having a paint aff with the ugly bears. I totally agree with them on this point but feel they (as the self appointed voice of the fans) should have had a much bigger voice in things that also really matter with the fans like the 5WA to the recent rat that is Brian Wilson but we have heard nothing from them other than things that affect them on a personal note.......Just saying like!

I have the utmost contempt for people like Brian Wilson and other entities on our Board . I don't know enough about Mr Higgins to comment but I do NOT think taking grievances like this one INTO the stadium is the way to go .
Yes , I know that trying to get our Board to listen is on a par with attempting to put toothpaste back into the tube but we have to put support of the team before all other considerations .

Calling for 30 minutes silence in a football stadium during a match is a bit of a non-starter .
Imagine - Kyogo scores a hat-trick in the first five minutes - so , we'll all sit on our hands and keep schtum ! Aye , right !

By all means carry out a protest during the game - but this is frankly ridiculous !

HH

Sorry don’t see the point Shout,scream sing his name for 30 minutes. The players and the manager have done nothing here why do something that could hurt them
Your really gonna stay quiet when the Mib does a whoooopie because if you do he’ll feel free to do more. Your job is to support the Team.
Protest at the game during the game make as much noise as you want
Support the Team F- -k the Board

HH 👏

I have the utmost contempt for people like Brian Wilson and other entities on our Board . I don't know enough about Mr Higgins to comment but I do NOT think taking grievances like this one INTO the stadium is the way to go .
Yes , I know that trying to get our Board to listen is on a par with attempting to put toothpaste back into the tube but we have to put support of the team before all other considerations .

Calling for 30 minutes silence in a football stadium during a match is a bit of a non-starter .
Imagine - Kyogo scores a hat-trick in the first five minutes - so , we'll all sit on our hands and keep schtum ! Aye , right !

By all means carry out a protest during the game - but this is frankly ridiculous !

HH

I think you're missing the point....if Kyogo scores a hattrick, nobody celebrates then it creates a story and this story will more than likely go viral throughout the mainstream world....I think it's a very well thought out idea and would have more impact than any banner or internet statement ever could......I really hope more join in

I think you're missing the point....if Kyogo scores a hattrick, nobody celebrates then it creates a story and this story will more than likely go viral throughout the mainstream world....I think it's a very well thought out idea and would have more impact than any banner or internet statement ever could......I really hope more join in
I hope somebody tells wee Kyogo then,,,,, or he'll think we dinny like him anymair....

You're spot on docco. Celtic park is known for its atmosphere, so a wee bit more noise isn't gonna make much difference. However a silent stadium will attract more attention.

Doc o are you really saying if Kyogo scores a hat trick tomorrow in the first 30 mins We’ve not to cheer? 2 chances of that happening. I support the GB in not wanting this guy at our club from what I’ve read today but until the GB do more protests for things the fans really want sorted like Res 12,5WA cheating refs and getting rats out like Wilson or even some sort of statement/ banner about the myth that is 55 then I’ll not be jumping or not jumping as the case me be because they said so.

Members online

Latest posts

Back