Gutted that they left...

Same for me John I was 15 at the time as well. Could never get used to seeing Kenny in that Liverpool strip and at £440,000 they stole him from us. I was absolutely inconsolable at the time.

In terms of Charlie Nicholas he spoiled any admiration I had for him early doors...I met him on a few occasions and I can say hand on heart say he was a complete knob who was full of it and no where near as good as he thought he was.
Henrik gave us everything and more ...so whilst it was emotional when he left we couldn't ask for any more.
The next time I feel like this might just be when Ange leaves hopefully that's not anytime soon. 🇮🇪
On that very subject.........KD went for a British record transfer fee in '77.

By modern day standards, how much would he be worth?

Going by the shite pretending to be 'world class' nowadays........I'd start the bidding at £150 million.

The players I missed were the Lisbon Lions, what a team. I was so lucky that I saw them. Was at their Last game as Big Jock stated he was breaking up the team. Ronnie led out the team as respect to him as he had retired thru injury, he damaged a shoulder in diving at Jimmy Quin’s feet. Jimmy was an on loan Celt.The players beat Clyde 9-0 and after the game we were all stunned to think we would never see that team play again. I felt really sad when Bobby Murdoch left and again when Big Billy retired after winning the Scottish CUP and inconsolable when the Best of the Best JINKY left. Other players like Paul McStay, Tommy Burns, George Connolly, Davy Hay, King Kenny AND Henrick have all become LEGENDS and rightly so. HH

The players I missed were the Lisbon Lions, what a team. I was so lucky that I saw them. Was at their Last game as Big Jock stated he was breaking up the team. Ronnie led out the team as respect to him as he had retired thru injury, he damaged a shoulder in diving at Jimmy Quin’s feet. Jimmy was an on loan Celt.The players beat Clyde 9-0 and after the game we were all stunned to think we would never see that team play again. I felt really sad when Bobby Murdoch left and again when Big Billy retired after winning the Scottish CUP and inconsolable when the Best of the Best JINKY left. Other players like Paul McStay, Tommy Burns, George Connolly, Davy Hay, King Kenny AND Henrick have all become LEGENDS and rightly so. HH
Now that's what's called putting it into context, mate!

Not sure that many of us can even contemplate watching a whole team of world/international class footballers in the same team nowadays.......never mind The Celtic in the '60's

Kenny Dalglish, I was 12 had just split up wae ma child sweetheart, was absolutely distraught with grief.

My mum tried tae comfort me by telling me there's other girls out there.
My reply "I'm not crying because of her, Kenny Dalglish has left Celtic"

Ma Da took me down for Kenny's debut at Anfield against Newcastle August 77, it was then Liverpool became my 3rd team behind Celtic & Scotland. I still visit family in Liverpool & catch a game at Anfield

I also shed a few tears when Henrik left for Barcelona

Members online

Latest posts

Back