Has anyone come close??

Never or we would have witnessed it, for those who witnessed the best player voted ever, then that should answer it. No-one could compare as today their is no wee boy growing up playing footbal with rolled up socks going round milk bottles in their hall and balancing railing walks. Johnstone learned the art of control and balance by doing natural things like all kids of the street era did as a means of escapism and unwittingly honing skills that no man could teach.
Whits a milk bottle???

Wee genius could turn any game and usually did. Was an outstanding player in an outstanding Team. He really was a one off. As Brave as the lion he was. never turned away from the ball as the Thugs from Madrid game proves.
But to me the calibre of Jimmy Johnstone was His fight against MND a truly horrible disease that he fought with great dignity.
Sadly weโ€™ll never see that genius again.
But too those that did how lucky were we
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š
JJ

HH ๐Ÿ€

Wee genius could turn any game and usually did. Was an outstanding player in an outstanding Team. He really was a one off. As Brave as the lion he was. never turned away from the ball as the Thugs from Madrid game proves.
But to me the calibre of Jimmy Johnstone was His fight against MND a truly horrible disease that he fought with great dignity.
Sadly weโ€™ll never see that genius again.
But too those that did how lucky were we
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š
JJ

HH ๐Ÿ€
I was at the home game v they bastards from Madrid, I've seen on other forums how perhaps we should forgive the animals, not for me though, I hate every breath they fuckin take and I always will, I dance when they lose and hate when they scrape a draw, if they ever win anything I dont know what I will do.

Bastards

Jimmy Jinky Johnstone rules..........

I was at the home game v they bastards from Madrid, I've seen on other forums how perhaps we should forgive the animals, not for me though, I hate every breath they fuckin take and I always will, I dance when they lose and hate when they scrape a draw, if they ever win anything I dont know what I will do.

Bastards

Jimmy Jinky Johnstone rules..........
With you every step of the way 50 never liked them from that game. They shouldโ€™ve been hounded out of all Football.
And when they lose i love it
Jimmy J always in my Heart ๐Ÿ’š

HH ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’š

He could .............'turn on a tanner'.......and fur the younger crew.....a tanner is a sixpenny bit.......and fur the no sae younger crew.....twa and a half pence...and ye got twa in a shiln......and five in a half croon....Everyday's a school day on this forum.... ;)

Always wondered what the old greats could do now

I'd like to see a documentary with the best players of today given all the old kit - chewed up pitches reenactment.

Did a very half hearted search.
The agents/sponsors wouldn't allow it.

Wouldn't mind a recently retired fit as fuck brigade giving it a go.

Same as boxing "a fighters a fighter a players a player"

Think it would be good telly.

Do that skill
Hit that pass
Hit that shot
Do that dribble
Run that distance.
Heeder that (put a scrum hat on them)

Title -
The Kit and Tricks ?

Get it made

Always wondered what the old greats could do now

I'd like to see a documentary with the best players of today given all the old kit - chewed up pitches reenactment.

Did a very half hearted search.
The agents/sponsors wouldn't allow it.

Wouldn't mind a recently retired fit as fuck brigade giving it a go.

Same as boxing "a fighters a fighter a players a player"

Think it would be good telly.

Do that skill
Hit that pass
Hit that shot
Do that dribble
Run that distance.
Heeder that (put a scrum hat on them)

Title -
The Kit and Tricks ?

Get it made
It would be good to see how the falling down millionaires of today would cope with 60s n 70s football.
The mud pitches, balls that soaked up a gallon o water that tripled their weight, the Claudehopper boots, the sting o a mitre 5 on a freezing cold day, the tackle fae behind and very few red cards. The modern day player would shite it!!

Members online

Latest posts

Back