Has The Time Now Come To Ban The Marches of Hate and Division?

Imatim

On the strength of the deplorable scenes of destruction and violent behaviour we have all just witnessed in Glasgow City Centre and surrounds.

Would you support the Scottish government in totally banning the OO marches of hate and division?

Or would you support a different approach, whereby the OO had to pay for the policing and all other financial incidentals pertaining to these marches?

Or any other scenario?

Make them pay for the policing, !hit them in the pocket, you’ll never ban them, they’ll just bus over thousands of hard core loyalists from norn iron, it’s their right to March down the queens highway, my mate was the grand master in a local lodge, he said it’s dying, younger people aren’t interested any more, can’t fill the band instruments, there used to be 40+band members in his band now struggling to get 12, he estimated it only got 20-30 years left, orange hall used to be open every night, now only for events,

Ban them, not because of Sat that was nothing to do with the OO except for it being the same people without the silly uniforms on, ban them because of the disruption to local businesses and the general public, give them a stadium to march round and their followers can get into the stands and Watch, but the cost to businesses and council every other sat in marching season is unsustainable after the pandemic.

Make them pay for the policing, !hit them in the pocket, you’ll never ban them, they’ll just bus over thousands of hard core loyalists from norn iron, it’s their right to March down the queens highway, my mate was the grand master in a local lodge, he said it’s dying, younger people aren’t interested any more, can’t fill the band instruments, there used to be 40+band members in his band now struggling to get 12, he estimated it only got 20-30 years left, orange hall used to be open every night, now only for events,
Can't just wait for them to die, whether it's rangers / OO, time to kill them off.

Ban them, not because of Sat that was nothing to do with the OO except for it being the same people without the silly uniforms on, ban them because of the disruption to local businesses and the general public, give them a stadium to march round and their followers can get into the stands and Watch, but the cost to businesses and council every other sat in marching season is unsustainable after the pandemic.
Give them nothing! They should be round up and dealt with in line with the laws of the land.

Sick of seeing civic Scotland acquiesce to them.

A ban would see them gather together in the city in the manner they did on Saturday, wreaking havoc, hatred and violence along the way. They proved that they can and will do whatever they want and there isn't a Police Force in this country capable of handling the chaos. The fact that only 28 peepul were arrested after Saturday's horrific scenes tells you that they are beyond control so I don't think a ban will mean damn all to them.

I don't know what the answer is though because making them pay for a police presence etc would mean that other more peaceful marches like the one on Sunday couldn't afford to go ahead.

Can we not just line them up and shoot them? 🔫

Let the boys march I say! ..The colour ,pomp , noise and all round fun they bring to the city is a massive tourism draw and the huge cultural significance of such matches cannot be underestimated! Orange walks are to Glasgow what the festival and tattoo are to Edinburgh! They both draw in folk from all over the world to witness these incredible historical spectacles.
I mean what harm do the walks really do? Is it really that much of an inconvenience to be held up in your car or close your business while these jolly, smartly dressed and exuberant individuals pass you by?
I mean, all of the songs they sing and play are in no means serious and it's just banter really!
So let the boys and girls march,let them do what they want, let them drink , urinate, vandalize and discriminate . The tourists love em...God save the King

Last edited:
On the strength of the deplorable scenes of destruction and violent behaviour we have all just witnessed in Glasgow City Centre and surrounds.

Would you support the Scottish government in totally banning the OO marches of hate and division?

Or would you support a different approach, whereby the OO had to pay for the policing and all other financial incidentals pertaining to these marches?

Or any other scenario?
I like the idea that they pay for all Policing and add in the cost of the clean up operation. It’d be like them watching thur club dee they stand by and watch the OO die and they did nuthin. Mm
Or just ban the Scum

HH 👍

Let the boys march I say! ..The colour ,pomp , noise and all round fun they bring to the city is a massive tourism draw and the huge cultural significance of such matches cannot be underestimated! Orange walks are to Glasgow what the festival and tattoo are to Edinburgh! They both draw in folk from all over the world to witness these incredible historical spectacles.
I mean what harm do the walks really do? Is it really that much of an inconvenience to be held up in your car or close your business while these jolly, smartly dressed and exuberant individuals pass you by?
I mean, any of the songs they sing and play are in no means serious and it's just banter really!
So let the boys and girls march,let them do what they want, let them drink , urinate, vandalize and discriminate . The tourists love em...God save the King
Terrifyingly there are some / too many that believe this is the case :ROFLMAO:

I mean, any of the songs they sing and play are in no means serious and it's just banter really!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You on the Portuguese Wacusbacus again
Ya mad bastard yi. 😂😂😂

HH 😂

A ban would see them gather together in the city in the manner they did on Saturday, wreaking havoc, hatred and violence along the way. They proved that they can and will do whatever they want and there isn't a Police Force in this country capable of handling the chaos. The fact that only 28 peepul were arrested after Saturday's horrific scenes tells you that they are beyond control so I don't think a ban will mean damn all to them.

I don't know what the answer is though because making them pay for a police presence etc would mean that other more peaceful marches like the one on Sunday couldn't afford to go ahead.

Can we not just line them up and shoot them? 🔫
Need to make sure you hit them on the nut or else they wont die .

Orange order marches ...the rangers celebrations..protection of statues. ..unionist demonstrations ....any town or city they visit in the guise of football supporters. ...they are all linked to one and the same . Ban them from all walks of society. Not just the orange one. And it can be done if their is a serious determination to make the change and take them on.

Back