Have we reached a turning point?

Fisiani

Sometimes in life there is a turning point and we may have reached one.
We have a 60,000 seat stadium and we earn 15 million pounds more EACH and EVERY year than our opponent. We have the best manager. The best squad. The best commercial contracts. The biggest fan base. 11 premierships in 12 years. Champions league group stages. These advantages are ongoing. Our B team and youth team and women's team have also won.
Football can be a finely balanced sport and results are unpredictable. BUT rich teams do better than poorer ones. Better teams do better than lesser ones. That's expected.
What if we have reached the point that our chance of winning in Scotland against any team are now so high that we are always favourites? We need more challenge to improve and that's why the Group stages will tell if we are European class. Can we beat Man City? Arsenal? We know that we can beat any team in Scotland but we need to find teams of our standard or even better. Europe is the answer. How far can we go?
Look at the decimal odds for the game tomorrow. Celtic 2.4 Rangers 2.8 The bookmakers expect us to win.

Last edited:
Sometimes in life there is a turning point and we may have reached one.
We have a 60,000 seat stadium and we earn 15 million pounds more EACH and EVERY year than our opponent. We have the best manager. The best squad. The best commercial contracts. The biggest fan base. 11 premierships in 12 years. Champions league group stages. These advantages are ongoing. Our B team and youth team and women's team have also won.
Football can be a finely balanced sport and results are unpredictable. BUT rich teams do better than poorer ones. Better teams do better than lesser ones. That's expected.
What if we have reached the point that our chance of winning in Scotland against any team are now so high that we are always favourites? We need more challenge to improve and that's why the Group stages will tell if we are European class. Can we beat Man City? Arsenal? We know that we can beat any team in Scotland but we need to find teams of our standard or even better. Europe is the answer. How far can we go?
Look at the decimal odds for the game tomorrow. Celtic 2.4 Rangers 2.8 The bookmakers expect us to win.
I've stated many times that magical things can happen at Paradise, no matter the opposition.
We can beat anyone, but our biggest scalps come when we get off to a fast start and the place goes up a level, we gain an extra 10% and they get the fright of their lives.

We wouldn't beat these teams consistently, but we can beat anyone under the lights in Europe.
Most recently, we had it in our grasp to beat the European Champions, but missed several chances and really let them get a foothold in the game.

We should be the best team at home every year given our clear advantages in terms of finances and squad depth. But we've made hard work of recent games v that lot.
They've been carrying several passengers each game and have hardly bought a decent players in years. If they improve this summer which they should, we'll have to do the same to keep on top. While i think Beale talks more shite than any manager in my memory (outwith Pedro), i think in reality he has done better with them than i expected given the mess their squad has been in this last year or so. He's no world beater, but i don't think he's a mug either despite the rhetroic.

We need to see our obvious advantages on the park, not comparing the financial statements.

We have a hungry side. Bit more established- can have a go.

If all the guys hit a purple patch at the same time ....if
The "best player/form guy at the club" title has changed hands over a course of weeks. Many many times.
Some of those lads have been rank rotten or had a few games when nothing has worked for them.

To really go against the best there has to be lots of boys in your side that dont make mistakes.
Thats expensive
Thats the difference.

Stars align aye
We get a belter of a CL group then there sometimes is a level of expenditure, quality and consistency we cant match.
Fun ride though.
Theres no shame getting beat if you give everything you have - let them know they have been taken to town.
That attitude can get a fly result.
Heart goes a long way.
Create, shooting boots , defend , hero keeper. Run like a terminator for 90mins.
Big ask.

I definetly want reports , not of what an atmosphere at CP, brilliant fans etc.
I want "had them on the ropes" "clinical finishing" "moments of magic"

That happens.
Thats my "turning point"

I've stated many times that magical things can happen at Paradise, no matter the opposition.
We can beat anyone, but our biggest scalps come when we get off to a fast start and the place goes up a level, we gain an extra 10% and they get the fright of their lives.

We wouldn't beat these teams consistently, but we can beat anyone under the lights in Europe.
Most recently, we had it in our grasp to beat the European Champions, but missed several chances and really let them get a foothold in the game.

We should be the best team at home every year given our clear advantages in terms of finances and squad depth. But we've made hard work of recent games v that lot.
They've been carrying several passengers each game and have hardly bought a decent players in years. If they improve this summer which they should, we'll have to do the same to keep on top. While i think Beale talks more shite than any manager in my memory (outwith Pedro), i think in reality he has done better with them than i expected given the mess their squad has been in this last year or so. He's no world beater, but i don't think he's a mug either despite the rhetroic.

We need to see our obvious advantages on the park, not comparing the financial statements.
You keep talking sense like that you’ll be barred from t’internet 🙌🍀

Naw, fuck aye wi kin
IT’s Paradise anything can happen in Paradise.
It’s about believing and a Manager that creates belief in the methods he wants to play. So far his methods are doing great his choice of players again so far has been superb. He’s building something from the ground up bit by bit.
We have to believe in Ange and the continuation of his project at Celtic
I Do

HH 🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back