Head of Sports Science leaves Celtic.

Brimcbhoy

So according to Sun Sport, Jack Naylor, head of Sports Science at Celtic has been headhunted by RB Leipzig.
Not saying there is a clear out happening but to me looks like some are seeing the writing on the wall and jumping before they're pushed.
I expect some new arrivals who have worked with AP before to rock up very shortly. This is a good thing imo. Things got stale over the years and it's time for some fresh ideas behind the scenes.
Last leave the building will be JK or GS, my bets on the former.

Got to be honest, Brim........not sure if sports scientists or sports psychologists are absolutely necessary on a permanent basis.

I don't doubt for a second that there are certain individual players who would benefit from one-to-one sessions, but I feel that would be more their own personal responsibility, rather than the club paying out good money for someone who may or may not be an absolute requirement.

Mind I'm an older fella though and that I don't fully subscribe to the modern world (especially in sport), so a lot of this new-fangled way of doing things leaves me a bit cold.

I hope it is a sign that Ange is exploring the areas that need change though. He has to trust his sidekicks and staff and not just go on a wing and a prayer then leave it to luck.

So according to Sun Sport, Jack Naylor, head of Sports Science at Celtic has been headhunted by RB Leipzig.
Not saying there is a clear out happening but to me looks like some are seeing the writing on the wall and jumping before they're pushed.
I expect some new arrivals who have worked with AP before to rock up very shortly. This is a good thing imo. Things got stale over the years and it's time for some fresh ideas behind the scenes.
Sounds like he’s good at his job if he’s been headhunted by RB Leipzig.
and maybe they’ll listen to what he brings
To them.
Because no one was listening to him at Celtic.
Good luck to him

HH 🍀

Going by last years performance am guessing his dept were playing mario cart rather than give a toss about sports science

The first head rollsNo mate
Sounds like he’s good at his job if he’s been headhunted by RB Leipzig.
and maybe they’ll listen to what he brings
To them.
Because no one was listening to him at Celtic.
Good luck to him

HH 🍀
Don’t know y it’s jst gettin reported now he was offered the job months ago and your rite this guy worked under Antcelotti at Real Madrid and PSG we were lucky to have him he will b a big miss.

Got to be honest, Brim........not sure if sports scientists or sports psychologists are absolutely necessary on a permanent basis.

I don't doubt for a second that there are certain individual players who would benefit from one-to-one sessions, but I feel that would be more their own personal responsibility, rather than the club paying out good money for someone who may or may not be an absolute requirement.

Mind I'm an older fella though and that I don't fully subscribe to the modern world (especially in sport), so a lot of this new-fangled way of doing things leaves me a bit cold.

I hope it is a sign that Ange is exploring the areas that need change though. He has to trust his sidekicks and staff and not just go on a wing and a prayer then leave it to luck.
I think sports science is a big part of the game these days. I think a big part of the job is getting players to listen to the advise their given, some of them are as thick as 2 short planks I believe, others just think theyre invincible, (til they get a bad injury) .

GOOD it shows that mckay is serious and where was this sport science guy last season?? DRAIN THE SWAMP

I think sports science is a big part of the game these days. I think a big part of the job is getting players to listen to the advise their given, some of them are as thick as 2 short planks I believe, others just think theyre invincible, (til they get a bad injury) .
I don't disagree, Brim, but some boys just aren't for taking a lesson because of their thickness and it's pretty much wasted on them.

The benefit comes when you have that one player who does heed the lesson and can lead by example.

Think it was Ray Parlour who said that most of the players were sceptical about Wenger's methods, but when Bergkamp and Henry were following it, then they all got on board.

I don't disagree, Brim, but some boys just aren't for taking a lesson because of their thickness and it's pretty much wasted on them.

The benefit comes when you have that one player who does heed the lesson and can lead by example.

Think it was Ray Parlour who said that most of the players were sceptical about Wenger's methods, but when Bergkamp and Henry were following it, then they all got on board.
HaHa yeah, I heard Wenger even banned them drinking TEA.

HaHa yeah, I heard Wenger even banned them drinking TEA.
I kinda get to thinking about Big Bad John.

I thought he was a terrible signing when MON brought him in. Too bulky, too slow, too cumbersome, too injury-prone and no touch. I thought he was the playground/flat-track bully type and not a player you can rely upon.

Think I might have called that one wrong!!!

Martin let him be his own man and he seemed like a happy footballer who was both effective and deceptively athletic. I just feel the science guys follow the science and people men follow the person.

I think there is a place for science, but that it has to be channelled into those who are more prone to taking that type of instruction.

And what aboot Lubo the player no the noiser
And for Spherical it’s now Sceptical 🧐

HH 😂
Aww nah.......I called Lubo right, Jam.

I spent time in France when I was younger and followed the game there since then. I saw Lubo at Bastia and knew that he was a pure footballer.

There was a game for Czechoslovakia at Wembley and Lubo was just on a completely different level from everyone else, so I'm taking that one.

Aww nah.......I called Lubo right, Jam.

I spent time in France when I was younger and followed the game there since then. I saw Lubo at Bastia and knew that he was a pure footballer.

There was a game for Czechoslavakia at Wembley and Lubo was just on a completely different level from everyone else, so I'm taking that one.
Ok 1 out of 50 is no bad there was a story on here think it was the Celtic Star about
Dr Jo and the day he took of to scout and sign Oor Lubo. The Staff and senior managers were sceptical about signing him
But when they spoke to E Black he was all
for it. Turned out not too Shabby Pound for pound one off the best signings we ever made an absolute Genius. HH Lubo

HH 🍀👏

Members online

Latest posts

Back