Heavy handed police

Lubos left peg

I've seen a few videos of swedish police attacking Celtic fans inside the stadium.
Can UEFA do anything about this?
It can clearly be seen in the video that the police used excessive force.
As it is UEFAs tournament surely they have duty of care for fans who are there to support their team.
In my opinion they should make clubs aware that if fans are attacked by police and it is proven that excessive force had been used then clubs from that country or region wont play in their tournament
This would then, hopefully, force clubs to put a bit of pressure on police and local governments to keep their officers in check.
I understand, in certain circumstances, (when sevco come to town) that police have to use force. But as I've said if its proven to be excessive then UEFA should protect the fans. This isn't the 1st time Celtic fans have been attacked by police.

I've seen a few videos of swedish police attacking Celtic fans inside the stadium.
As it is UEFAs tournament surely they have duty of care for fans who are there to support their team.
In my opinion they should make clubs aware that if fans are attacked by police and it is proven that excessive force had been used then clubs from that country or region wont play in their tournament
This would then, hopefully, force clubs to put a bit of pressure on police and local governments to keep their officers in check.
I understand, in certain circumstances, (when sevco come to town) that police have to use force. But as I've said if its proven to be excessive then UEFA should protect the fans. This isn't the 1st time Celtic fans have been attacked by police.
feckin SMSM are all over it Lubo, and ye know who they're blamin,footage ah've seen, shows cops batonin fan's who are doin phuq all!

I spent nearly 25yrs following Celtic & Scotland abroad only 3 countries did I witness over the top policing Italy(3) Spain(2) NI(2). It seems Cektic Fan's who travel have a thing for letting off flares, they are banned by UEFA for a reason they're dangerous. Arguments with Police never work out.

Italy, Turin 81 2nd away game with my uncle, it was fuckin mayhem, Italian Polis dont give flying f**k if they are clearing a street, trying tae reason with them, so you can get that way tae yer hotel, wallop big stick, you move like Usain Bolt away. Spanish Police are just is bad, its the Civil Gaurd who police games in Spain, seriously mental basturds with bigger sticks. You hear their sirens, get back tae hotel ASAP. Northen Ireland, RUC first time I seen a rubber bullet fired in anger.

So if your going abroad following Celtic keep the heed. Fans v Police, Police will always win

I spent nearly 25yrs following Celtic & Scotland abroad only 3 countries did I witness over the top policing Italy(3) Spain(2) NI(2). It seems Cektic Fan's who travel have a thing for letting off flares, they are banned by UEFA for a reason they're dangerous. Arguments with Police never work out.

Italy, Turin 81 2nd away game with my uncle, it was fuckin mayhem, Italian Polis dont give flying f**k if they are clearing a street, trying tae reason with them, so you can get that way tae yer hotel, wallop big stick, you move like Usain Bolt away. Spanish Police are just is bad, its the Civil Gaurd who police games in Spain, seriously mental basturds with bigger sticks. You hear their sirens, get back tae hotel ASAP. Northen Ireland, RUC first time I seen a rubber bullet fired in anger.

So if your going abroad following Celtic keep the heed. Fans v Police, Police will always win
Very true
Video Celts suggest Hammerby fans were involved.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back