Hoi Pollo, Banners, Fat Cat Boozers and Rockstar Millionaires Behaving Badly

Principles and commonality over those principles have never been universal and that's never going to change while the human race still populates the planet.

There will always be those who have and many, many more who have not.

Everyone understands that, we don't have to like it, but we accept it as a function of the world and that also comes to those of us who support our particular football teams. Many of our young players will end their career as multi-millionaires and move in social circles vastly different from our own, but we accept that, in fact, we encourage it - as we are forever telling the board to pay more in wages and transfer fees.

I don't like the wage gap in society. I don't think there is a footballer drawing breath who deserves to be earning the type of salaries available to them, but I do not determine market forces and there are apparently plenty of folk who do think they are worth that type of money.

I don't know how many Celtic players are politically motivated. There appears to be a few bright things among our current playing staff who will take an interest in the subject. I wouldn't have thought too many of them are eagerly anticipating the latest Rod Stewart release though and I doubt if they are overly concerned about how there appears to be no frost on Peter's driveway.

This is their talking points and narratives again being writ large. Instead of talking about football, we're discussing a subject that is as relevant as a fart in a septic tank.

A huge club like Celtic are always going to be a magnet for wealthy people who like the media spotlight, it's as much part of the game as scoring goals and winning matches nowadays (and likely always has been). No one has to like it, in the same way as no one has to like The Green Brigade or their displays...........you just have to avert your gaze and watch something else, for example - the match!

Principles and commonality over those principles have never been universal and that's never going to change while the human race still populates the planet.

Everyone understands that, we don't have to like it, but we accept it as a function of the world and that also comes to those of us who support our particular football teams. Many of our young players will end their career as multi-millionaires and move in social circles vastly different from our own, but we accept that, in fact, we encourage it - as we are forever telling the board to pay more in wages and transfer fees.

I don't like the wage gap in society. I don't think there is a footballer drawing breath who deserves to be earning the type of salaries available to them, but I do not determine market forces and there are apparently plenty of folk who do think they are worth that type of money.

I don't know how many Celtic players are politically motivated. There appears to be a few bright things among our current playing staff who will take an interest in the subject. I wouldn't have thought too many of them are eagerly anticipating the latest Rod Stewart release though and I doubt if they are overly concerned about how there appears to be no frost on Peter's driveway.

This is their talking points and narratives again being writ large. Instead of talking about football, we're discussing a subject that is as relevant as a fart in a septic tank.

A huge club like Celtic are always going to be a magnet for wealthy people who like the media spotlight, it's as much part of the game as scoring goals and winning matches nowadays (and likely always has been). No one has to like it, in the same way as no one has to like The Green Brigade or their displays...........you just have to avert your gaze and watch something else, for example - the match!
As per usual SP great post itโ€™s like the Mary
Whitehouse era you have an off switch on the telly. And as you said you could watch the game.

HH ๐Ÿ€

Deserves an article in its own right on The Celtic Star so watch this space...

That was very kind of you, David. Thank you very much for that and thank you also for not disclosing that my usual comments generally revolve around dodgy tradesmen, various divorces, cats and magic boaxes.

Cannot disagree with below and when in perspective, a true Celtic fan (Rod) i believe would see that his choice of politics is not exactly in sync with Walfrids vision.
Agree that democracy is the freedom to choose your politics of choice, but the politics of choice in this occassions is the exact opposite of what you are listening to and witnessing and buying into.

[B]Celtic Nation - Bolingoli Chapter[/B]โ€ @[B]CelticNation67[/B]

The ethos of Celtic football club is bigger than any celebrity... Way bigger.
A true Celtic fan will always defend those who are impoverished!!
"A football club will be formed for the maintenance of dinner tables for the children and the unemployed" Br Walfrid 6th Nov 1887

Last edited:
One day I'll get an article on the star....maybe a post match analysis of the 24-0 match that is surely coming....29th of December anyone ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Lubo, if I had my way, then I would have the story of your wee lassie helping oot the other wee girl all over the news and all over the world.

Talk about decency and basic humanity, that's a proper story for the times.

Lubo, if I had my way, then I would have the story of your wee lassie helping oot the other wee girl all over the news and all over the world.

Talk about decency and basic humanity, that's a proper story for the times.

Thank you SP. She makes me proud every day. Proper wee Celtic fan to. Brown is her favourite player closely followed by Kouassi (he was the only development player to come over for pictures with the kids on a wet night in Woking)

Imagine if any of us behaved the way Rod did at the cup final, we e would be out of the club before you could blink. But it ok for a Millionaire tae behave like f++king TWAT, as for the tickets being used for corporate members, the club get enough tickets 1,400 extra on top of the 20,000

Back