Hollywood managers. Be careful what we wish for ?

Going by their previous I certainly wouldn't bet against them dragging their heels Stevie that's for sure. It's been their MO for years and they never ever seem to learn the lesson that their failure to prepare properly, by getting their business done early and efficiently, always ends up costing us big time.

I'm hoping (I know it's the hope that kills you 🙏) that with the new guy Dominic McKay coming in that things might be different, especially given that it's not just the squad that needs rebuilding this time around. Even though he isn't officially in place yet I would still expect him to be involved behind the scenes to get things in place for when he does arrive.

If the club ARE waiting for McKay to be officially unveiled before they even start addressing the issues then we're in bother as the new CEO and the new manager will be on the back foot from the off and that doesn't make for good decision making.
Agree with everything you stated shadow, and playing this waiting game is not easy on the back of such a disappointing season.
We all know that there is going to be a rebuilding process and this has already started with the new CEO.
Patience is going to be key now, as not expecting any announcements before the end of the season, so a continuations of the bullshit been put about now is just something we have to put up with for now.
The first additions by the new CEO will give us a better indication in which direction the club is aiming for.
I would also say us as supporters might need to lower our expectations for a season, something I don't really like to do myself.
We don't need to much to reclaim back Scottish dominance again as just better organisation of the squad will take care of most of that.
Them other scummy bastards are NOT in great shape and still remain nothing to worry about once we get our own house in order.
I still think we are now well short to becoming a force again within European football and this is where patience may be needed on our behalf.
A new team as such is required to compete within Europe and I believe this is going to take at least a season to create.
Thinking we can do all that in just a couple of weeks is been a little bit unrealistic.
Even getting a potential new manager now would still have the stink of PL traitor stamped all over it, certainly nothing now I believe the clubs board should dirty themselves even further than they already have this season.
As hard as it is I'm going to have to sit tight for a few months now and just pray we make the right decisions with the right appointments.

This is a great post with loads of stand out points for him to be our manager but and its a massive but .. that would mean giving him full autonomy over the operations at the football club i don't think that would happen.

I think our board have stagnated for too long like all your points made especially about lawell and his control over player purchases. Desmond has been an absent landlord for so long and people attribute the managers like MON and Rodgers to him but he is part of the problem in that regard also as he is small minded and his appointments and lsigning of certain players I.e the two Keane's shows that he is only interested in an Irish affiliation and in my honest opinion this holds us back from our true potential as a club. How many Irish people actually are interested in our club these days? Definitely not as many as before what with everyone and their granny following that overhyped mercenary league down south.

In regard to the manager I would love to see Ragnick in place or Marco Rose but I also feel that we should be looking at another deila like appointment, as I personally feel that he had a good record and was a good manager but the problem was lawell and the players like Commons who have been proved to be muppets.

Rodgers in his first season was allowed to make a couple of signings that worked out like sinclair, Deila got Armstrong as his and Ajer, Strachan got Nakamura and Mowbray... well the less said about that the better, lennon was given a small fortune this time round compared to any other manager since O'Neil and he blew it.

We need a structure in place that enables us to keep players over the course and not just for a season and half like Frimpong etc... we need to be progressive in Europe and making a splash year in year out, if that mob can do it two years running with less resources than us then where are we going wrong?
Kris Commons was arguably our best player at one time ,shame he turned into a bellend.

Rangnick is an absolute stand out candidate for me, his achievements are incredible, fuck knows why he's not been snapped up a top club. The only stumbling block is our board would have to hand over total control of the football operation to him, well worth a go in my opinion.

He is that mate and his achievements speak for themselves. He was all set to take over at AC Milan last year but there was a lot of infighting between the CEO/Board and those running the football operation at the time, things got nasty and led to stand-offs and resignations and Rangnick's move collapsed because of it.

If our board had any sense they would recognise that Rangnick is as good a fit for them as he is for the football operation at Celtic as not only would his methods actually improve on their preferred recruitment/transfer strategies (given it's a more refined and successful version of something they've been trying but ballsing up for the last 15 years) but he's proven he can also keep the team competitive on the pitch both domestically and in Europe at the same time and that's a strategy the support can get behind also.

If the board are ever going to bridge the gap between what the team needs with what the business can afford then Rangnick is their best bet imo, as good a manager as some of them are none of the other names mentioned so far comes anywhere close to offering the tried and tested expertise he does.

This is a great post with loads of stand out points for him to be our manager but and its a massive but .. that would mean giving him full autonomy over the operations at the football club i don't think that would happen.

I think our board have stagnated for too long like all your points made especially about lawell and his control over player purchases. Desmond has been an absent landlord for so long and people attribute the managers like MON and Rodgers to him but he is part of the problem in that regard also as he is small minded and his appointments and lsigning of certain players I.e the two Keane's shows that he is only interested in an Irish affiliation and in my honest opinion this holds us back from our true potential as a club. How many Irish people actually are interested in our club these days? Definitely not as many as before what with everyone and their granny following that overhyped mercenary league down south.

In regard to the manager I would love to see Ragnick in place or Marco Rose but I also feel that we should be looking at another deila like appointment, as I personally feel that he had a good record and was a good manager but the problem was lawell and the players like Commons who have been proved to be muppets.

Rodgers in his first season was allowed to make a couple of signings that worked out like sinclair, Deila got Armstrong as his and Ajer, Strachan got Nakamura and Mowbray... well the less said about that the better, lennon was given a small fortune this time round compared to any other manager since O'Neil and he blew it.

We need a structure in place that enables us to keep players over the course and not just for a season and half like Frimpong etc... we need to be progressive in Europe and making a splash year in year out, if that mob can do it two years running with less resources than us then where are we going wrong?

Yer spot on mate it would mean giving him full control of the entire football operation and if you had asked me at any other time in the last 17 years if I thought there was any chance of that happening then I would've said not a hope in hell......but with Lawell departing and the new guy coming from a non-football background there is hope that the Lawell approach will finally be kicked into touch and that quality football people like Rangnick will be hired to build something better.

Like you said DD has been an absentee landlord, he hasn't looked that interested over the last few years and he does have quite a narrow outlook when it comes to managerial candidates and I completely agree that the board have become stagnant. We've had the same old faces doing the same old things and making the same old mistakes for over a decade BUT this time around we have a unique opportunity......for the first time in years we have a genuine chance at meaningful change throughout the club with new blood being added to the boardroom and hopefully a new outlook taking hold along with it so maybe just maybe we will finally see the football operation back in the hands of those who are qualified to run it properly while this new CEO recognises his limitations, allows them to get on with it and sticks to running the business side of the club.

As for another Deila like appointment, maybe not as manager but as part of the coaching structures I would welcome those type of appointments......I liked Ronny as a coach and how he wanted to play plus he wasn't afraid to give the youngsters a chance. Unfortunately the Celtic job was just too big for him so the guy was up against it from the off and that's before you even mention having to work under Lawell.

HH Tbhoy (y)

Back