Hollywood managers. Be careful what we wish for ?

Get it announced when the monkeys win the league ,might take the shine off it a wee bit!Needs to be someone with a bit of pedigree........but i think Kennedys a stick on 🤣only kiddin

Desmond better get the manager appointment right. If it aint a NAME our club will suffer badly financialy due to lack of season ticket renewals etc. Some families for example presently have four season ticket holders to watch one tv. Families have come under pressure financialy due to covid. Player values have dropped. Rebuilding is gonna cost BIG money.
Well Kennedy is a name. See Broony is talking him up big time. Wonder what the new manager’s name will be then?
🤔😒🤯

Two of the most influentials faces who ever walked the halls of Pardise,
Never was so much owed by so many to just one man..

HH.

While quite a few of the candidates mentioned so far have their merits and would likely be successful Celtic managers none of them come close to what this guy could bring imo......

His overall philosophy on how he wants his teams to play, his methodical approach to tactics, his flexibility as a coach in understanding how and when to deploy different formations, his focus on high quality coaching at all levels and his proven ability to not only spot talent but nurture young talent and sell them on for big profits without it having to big of an impact on how his teams perform is exactly what we need right now, imo he would be a perfect fit for us.

Not only does his overall outlook fit with our team's attack minded style but it also fits with the club's transfer policies and the constraints we operate under in the modern game.

For years Lawell and the Celtic board have squandered countless millions and lost out on tens of millions in CL revenue with a half-arsed version of what Ragnick has perfected......nurture/buy up young talent at low cost, sell them on for large profits, simultaneously keep a winning team on the pitch and make inroads in European competition......and for years they've fucked it up by cutting corners in the scouting, coaching and managerial appointments and the bulk buying of raw talent mixed with cheap mediocre players in the hope one or two come good instead of doing what's actually required to make their policies work.

Well here's a guy who has proven he can make it work, he's available and he'd probably cost less than most of the top candidates mentioned......so aye we can go for a Howe, Martinez or Benitez and maybe get a good 2/3 years success out of them before we have to start all over again or we can go for this guy who, if he's allowed to do his job properly without interference from the top, could build the structures that keeps us on top for the next 5/10 years at least.

Going all out for Ragnick is a no brainer for me.

Most of the names mentioned hopefully could do a good job for us, but I think it’s critical we get them in NOW, so he can work with the squad, evaluate them, see who’s staying, get some forward planning don’t so we can hit the ground running next season....

Couldn't agree more BB......those extra few months with the new manager in place could make all the difference when it comes to CL qualification, keeping hold of our best players, getting the players we need in before the Euros makes things much harder and more expensive as well as getting some of the younger players who are maybe ready to make the step up up to speed.

Sooner the better imo.

I’m with you guys BB & Shadow. Kennedy should only be in charge until the new man comes in. If that’s next week then so be it...tough John.
The more time our new guy has to familiarize himself with the players, budgets, facilities, etc the better. Why do we have to wait till the end of the season for the new man if he will come now?
The reason to delay better not be because they’re fkn considering Kennedy.

Last edited:
I’m with you guys BB & Shadow. Kennedy should only be in charge until the new man comes in. If that’s next week then so be it...tough John.
The more time our new guy has to familiarize himself with the players, budgets, facilities, etc the better. Why do we have to wait till the end of the season for the new man if he will come now?
The reason to delay better not be because they’re fkn considering Kennedy.

Appointing Kennedy would be unforgivable for me BB (aw these BB's are getting confusing as fuck btw o_O:LOL:) it would be a lazy and cheap appointment that would kill off any notion that the Celtic hierarchy still had ambition for this club.

Let him go cut his teeth as a manager elsewhere and earn the right to be considered for the position, the Celtic manager's job should never be a 'jobs for the bhoys' appointment.

Couldn't agree more BB......those extra few months with the new manager in place could make all the difference when it comes to CL qualification, keeping hold of our best players, getting the players we need in before the Euros makes things much harder and more expensive as well as getting some of the younger players who are maybe ready to make the step up up to speed.

Sooner the better imo.
As usual our board will drag their feet and claim they don't want to rush a decision. However they gave the job to Lennon without due diligence. A shower of assholes.

While quite a few of the candidates mentioned so far have their merits and would likely be successful Celtic managers none of them come close to what this guy could bring imo......

His overall philosophy on how he wants his teams to play, his methodical approach to tactics, his flexibility as a coach in understanding how and when to deploy different formations, his focus on high quality coaching at all levels and his proven ability to not only spot talent but nurture young talent and sell them on for big profits without it having to big of an impact on how his teams perform is exactly what we need right now, imo he would be a perfect fit for us.

Not only does his overall outlook fit with our team's attack minded style but it also fits with the club's transfer policies and the constraints we operate under in the modern game.

For years Lawell and the Celtic board have squandered countless millions and lost out on tens of millions in CL revenue with a half-arsed version of what Ragnick has perfected......nurture/buy up young talent at low cost, sell them on for large profits, simultaneously keep a winning team on the pitch and make inroads in European competition......and for years they've fucked it up by cutting corners in the scouting, coaching and managerial appointments and the bulk buying of raw talent mixed with cheap mediocre players in the hope one or two come good instead of doing what's actually required to make their policies work.

Well here's a guy who has proven he can make it work, he's available and he'd probably cost less than most of the top candidates mentioned......so aye we can go for a Howe, Martinez or Benitez and maybe get a good 2/3 years success out of them before we have to start all over again or we can go for this guy who, if he's allowed to do his job properly without interference from the top, could build the structures that keeps us on top for the next 5/10 years at least.

Rangnick is an absolute stand out candidate for me, his achievements are incredible, fuck knows why he's not been snapped up a top club. The only stumbling block is our board would have to hand over total control of the football operation to him, well worth a go in my opinion.

This is a great post with loads of stand out points for him to be our manager but and its a massive but .. that would mean giving him full autonomy over the operations at the football club i don't think that would happen.

I think our board have stagnated for too long like all your points made especially about lawell and his control over player purchases. Desmond has been an absent landlord for so long and people attribute the managers like MON and Rodgers to him but he is part of the problem in that regard also as he is small minded and his appointments and lsigning of certain players I.e the two Keane's shows that he is only interested in an Irish affiliation and in my honest opinion this holds us back from our true potential as a club. How many Irish people actually are interested in our club these days? Definitely not as many as before what with everyone and their granny following that overhyped mercenary league down south.

In regard to the manager I would love to see Ragnick in place or Marco Rose but I also feel that we should be looking at another deila like appointment, as I personally feel that he had a good record and was a good manager but the problem was lawell and the players like Commons who have been proved to be muppets.

Rodgers in his first season was allowed to make a couple of signings that worked out like sinclair, Deila got Armstrong as his and Ajer, Strachan got Nakamura and Mowbray... well the less said about that the better, lennon was given a small fortune this time round compared to any other manager since O'Neil and he blew it.

We need a structure in place that enables us to keep players over the course and not just for a season and half like Frimpong etc... we need to be progressive in Europe and making a splash year in year out, if that mob can do it two years running with less resources than us then where are we going wrong?

Rangenick is the perfect fit as sporting director for me to modernise our footballing structure from top to bottom would appoint him on the basis he gets the opportunity to choose a protégé that he can work with and be on the same page in the vision of European progress and of course a return to domestic dominance unfortunately it looks like a pipe dream as I don't see us thinking big with the current economic climate.

As usual our board will drag their feet and claim they don't want to rush a decision. However they gave the job to Lennon without due diligence. A shower of assholes.

Going by their previous I certainly wouldn't bet against them dragging their heels Stevie that's for sure. It's been their MO for years and they never ever seem to learn the lesson that their failure to prepare properly, by getting their business done early and efficiently, always ends up costing us big time.

I'm hoping (I know it's the hope that kills you 🙏) that with the new guy Dominic McKay coming in that things might be different, especially given that it's not just the squad that needs rebuilding this time around. Even though he isn't officially in place yet I would still expect him to be involved behind the scenes to get things in place for when he does arrive.

If the club ARE waiting for McKay to be officially unveiled before they even start addressing the issues then we're in bother as the new CEO and the new manager will be on the back foot from the off and that doesn't make for good decision making.

Appointing Kennedy would be unforgivable for me BB (aw these BB's are getting confusing as fuck btw o_O:LOL:) it would be a lazy and cheap appointment that would kill off any notion that the Celtic hierarchy still had ambition for this club.

Let him go cut his teeth as a manager elsewhere and earn the right to be considered for the position, the Celtic manager's job should never be a 'jobs for the bhoys' appointment.
I wanna I wanna I wanna be BB

Members online

No members online now.

Back