Howe long is this going to take ?

I'll tell you why we've no manager yet. We're still paying Lennon thats why, an we're too fucking tight to pay 2 wages at once. Fucking biscuit tin mentality again. Its why Rodgers fucked off and probably why Howe is stalling. We had 9 years to push on and make an impact in Europe. The fact is we could have attracted a lot of good players with the carrot of playing in the CL every year. What did we do? Fucking sold any decent players we had. Wanyama, Ki, Van Dyke, Dembele, even Tierney the club has no ambition, its a sad fact.
I'm in agreement, contract wise.
Nature of our game is sell or allow a move if reasonable bids are in.
PL blocked every player of interest by ramping up fees. He took the summer off.
That attitude sealed his coffin.
The gentleman agreements of the last two years dashed and dashed again.
Des sanctioned high wage loans.
No f wonder the dressing room handed in the ticket.

Credit to the lads that stuck at it.
Brown did , bain did, ajer did, welsh, NR, forest late but tried. Soro, Turnbull

Calmac....whatever happened behind the scenes rocked him.
Rocked lenny as well.

Pl has been sacked over this. Make no mistake.
No man walks away from 40k + that bonus.

I hope your right about Howe Friday is gonna be the big day ...Get ready tomorrow Tony bhoy if there is no white smoke ....the noise could be coming your way ...just sayin
Nostradamus and Notre Dame. It’s two different things completely.” 😂
I’ve just had a text from a guy in the knowe
He says the word is the new manager will definitely be appointed before the season starts 🙄

Seriously bhoys and ghirls why won't be sign on the dotted line?
what if one of "his" coaching team disnae fancy the weather or just plain likes life in the South coast.
How long before we tell him to sod off and get someone who wants to be here?
How long before (January) the first EPL manager gets sacked and the Eddie boy casts envious eyes (and wallet) back down the M6??????
Seriously. I'm beginning to have serious doubts about this guy. Please tell me we got plan B ready to roll........
All joking aside Docbhoy I was sent a link from my faither in law to the record so I didny open it being from the rancid. the guy just likes the fitba banter with me his interests the EPL living in Wales. The link suggested that the wait for Howe was due to , Howe woudve been due a 500k bonus had Bournemouth been promoted. I said I find that hard to believe as he will be on £3 million pyr plus bonuses Celtic's highest paid manager ever, and that the 500k bonus is perhaps the backroom teams and that's a lot of money for those guys. Add to that Howe resigned and I sense clickbait as wouldnt anyone leave 500k or lawyers in charge and go and sign for up to £3.5 million per year?

Last edited:
This is Celtic guys & girls ....chance of a lifetime for any forward thinking coach don't let anybody EPL or otherwise tell you different... I understand the talksport elitism ...FFS Leicester won that league. Despite our inferiority of TV money we out match any support they have including Man City ....but we all know we are not invited. ..our day will come ....AGAIN 💪💚

This is Celtic guys & girls ....chance of a lifetime for any forward thinking coach don't let anybody EPL or otherwise tell you different... I understand the talksport elitism ...FFS Leicester won that league. Despite our inferiority of TV money we out match any support they have including Man City ....but we all know we are not invited. ..our day will come ....AGAIN 💪💚
I’ll never worry about us mag 7
Sure we’re in a piss poor income generating league but we’re still celtic
One of the biggest clubs there is
A proper club
Howe is to be blunt the best out there we can attract and frankly he ain’t coming for the money. That’s a small part of what impresses me about him. Here for the challenge not the cash
He like many before and after knows it’s a job that carries weight

A proper club
Howe is to be blunt the best out there we can attract and frankly he ain’t coming for the money. That’s a small part of what impresses me about him. Here for the challenge not the cash
Would say the attraction of European football and to be able to build a team for that challenge to enhance his own profile as a manager would be his biggest incentive to join us Stg.
Challenge will be made easier by winning the league next season and developing his own team.
The risk factor will be far less than taking on an EPL team so Howe could he possibly turn down the offer of a lifetime?
Only if this board doesn't want to match his own ambitions

A proper club
Stg, I agree its job that carries weight, and I'm sure that there are plenty of mgrs who think so too. The biggest issue isn't the club but the league we play in, I'm pretty sure that a large % of those mgrs also know that it's not just the teams you have to beat but the corruption as well, the fact that no matter who you are, you will be targeted by the print media, as well as the national broadcaster, all the while living in the goldfish bowl that is the West of Scotland. As an example of this is Slippys decision not to move his family to Scotland, and that is even with his "legendary status". His ego is the only thing that keeps him at ibrokes. We give him the league and if we take it back he will be off like a shot. HH

Would say the attraction of European football and to be able to build a team for that challenge to enhance his own profile as a manager would be his biggest incentive to join us Stg.
Challenge will be made easier by winning the league next season and developing his own team.
The risk factor will be far less than taking on an EPL team so Howe could he possibly turn down the offer of a lifetime?
Only if this board doesn't want to match his own ambitions
Absolutely John
As I said he’s taking it for the right reasons
He knows the benefits and he sees the job for what it is, a football giant that’s a privilege to manage
I know it’s taken an age but if you play devils advocate, we have a guy that’s making sure he’s taking to job with the best chance of success which is good for us supporters.
We need a manager that puts himself in the strongest possible position to succeed. Doing it his way rather than their way.
It’s likely the snake filled him in on his time and howes said I’ll agree if I get XYZ
I’ll sign when you deliver it

Stg, I agree its job that carries weight, and I'm sure that there are plenty of mgrs who think so too. The biggest issue isn't the club but the league we play in, I'm pretty sure that a large % of those mgrs also know that it's not just the teams you have to beat but the corruption as well, the fact that no matter who you are, you will be targeted by the print media, as well as the national broadcaster, all the while living in the goldfish bowl that is the West of Scotland. As an example of this is Slippys decision not to move his family to Scotland, and that is even with his "legendary status". His ego is the only thing that keeps him at ibrokes. We give him the league and if we take it back he will be off like a shot. HH
Every manager knows the pitfalls and every manager experiences them
But I’ve yet to hear of a manager that didn’t love the job for what it is

Absolutely John
As I said he’s taking it for the right reasons
He knows the benefits and he sees the job for what it is, a football giant that’s a privilege to manage
I know it’s taken an age but if you play devils advocate, we have a guy that’s making sure he’s taking to job with the best chance of success which is good for us supporters.
We need a manager that puts himself in the strongest possible position to succeed. Doing it his way rather than their way.
It’s likely the snake filled him in on his time and howes said I’ll agree if I get XYZ
I’ll sign when you deliver it
Agreed Stg, and that is the worry as to whether this board will match his ambition.
Got no concerns about Howe wanting success and am confident he will bring that to the club,

Back