I hate all religion but for those who think I focus only on Catholicism

Religion Naw, God naw Texas shooting and the Situation In Ukraine. Kids with and dying from horrific diseases
Heard from a priest it’s all part of his plan
We laughed at the USSR with their 10 year plans. Ffs if that’s a plan from God you can shove it.
To all who believe I’ve never had a problem with them Good for them if it gives them comfort. If it’s helped getting you through a Loss of a loved one then it works.
But the cynical side of me will never accept the religious argument that God loves us but allows the Above.
Go with Celtic it’s the Joy that keeps on giving.

HH 🍀

Religion is about faith I suppose, folk who use religion as a weapon or tool to either justify war or denigrate others are to my mind only using religion as a weapon and as always the bad come to the fore. They would only find another excuse, but I believe most if not all religion's have more good than bad in their numbers.

Personally I no longer attend church but I do pray and would like to think I have a good moral compass due to my upbringing.

I dont hate religion....people use it for comfort and I get that. My granda believes that him attending church everyday helped him fight bowel cancer. He believed God was on his side. That gave him strength to fight. He believes my nana is waiting for him in heaven. That gives him strength everyday to go on, although that strength is weakening and he wants to be with her more now than ever now, but believing he will see her again gives him strength.
When people use their faith in the correct way it can be a good thing.
But so many people use it as a weapon to spread hate, fear and to control.
I'm not religious at all. I don't believe in God....any God.

Religion isn’t for everyone, some people have faith, some people don’t, one person’s god isn’t any better than the next person’s god, there are good and bad in all religions.
The fact is younger people are shunning religion, the catholic religion, due to the schools involvement are the only one with any real type of congregation, I’ve been to Church of Scotland Sunday services, only 1 a week, with sparsely populated and an aged congregation, compared to catholic, with a mass every day 2 on a Saturday, 3 on a Sunday.

I, personally would consider myself a lapsed catholic, but my wee maw (god rest her) was never out the chapel, her faith was very important to her, a constant comfort.
I would never ridicule anyones faith….🙏

Nah, Mormons deffo need a mention.

The whole religion thing in america is all about the money these so called religous men and women building empires off the back of peoples beliefs and fears the mormons are a cult if theyre faith was so true why do the leaders excert so much day to day control over the full community?? Fuckin charlatans the lot of them

i remember watching christopher hitchens talking about billy graham, and how the canadian version of graham charles templeton said to graham, i cant continue preaching this nonsense that no sensible person could be expected to believe , and graham reportedly said to him i agree but we have been doing it for so long we cant stop now as people expect it from us

Have no idea why you would want to start a thread like this on the forum 26, but very inappropriate imo.
Most people are given there religion as a child, so haven't been given a choice in their beliefs as such imo.
Got no problem with being given the Catholic religion as such, even if I don't practice it as was drummed into me and never had a true belief in everything that the Catholic religion stood for, but that opinion goes with any religion as such for me.
However I do have a very strong belief within the spiritual belief within this world, where many humans are quite prepared to destroy them spiritual beliefs as such.
The lucky ones like ourselves have been given a choice in how we choose to live our lives, yet so many millions haven't been given that choice within this world, more of humanity decisions been made, more so than wanting to blame a God of your understanding imo.
I had to learn a very hard way and paid a very big price for the nonsense I used to believe in, and even today I still hold a hatred towards hun scum and loyalist and that remains my own cross to carry for the rest of my natural, and one I'm still prepared to carry, even now with the knowledge of knowing that it's not right to be having that way of thought and goes against the religious beliefs I was though as a child with the commandments as such.
Yet thankfully now, I have been given a choice these days, even if I still make many mistakes still, and instead of living with that hatred and bitterness towards hun scum and everything that the bastards stand for within my own head, I choose to live with the love and joy that my club Celtic and the people within that family provides me within my heart.
A simple solution to a problem that has cost me so much in the past including nearly my own life.
To gain that strength and faith again to rebuild a life again, I still think was gained when I actually gave in and asked for the help of a God of my understanding, not to much different from the one I was taught as a child, but certainly one I feel far more comfortable with these days.
Wouldn't preach to anyone about my beliefs, nor would I dismiss anybodys else's beliefs either, but I do strongly believe that if you choose to try and live your life in a good spiritual manner and however you choose to live it, weather it be with the help of a church, God or whatever then you wouldn't go to far wrong imo, no matter how hard things might get within this world, as there always will remain a choice.

This is not a site for this sort of discussion,to me a persons politics and religion are his own do you think our founder asked before he helped,please take this elsewhere
I think I know where you’re coming from Digger which is why I won’t put my views on here. That said it is a shame that conversation on these subjects is widely considered verboten as they’re probably very important and lack of discussion I thinks allows for them to be misused.

The whole religion thing in america is all about the money these so called religous men and women building empires off the back of peoples beliefs and fears the mormons are a cult if theyre faith was so true why do the leaders excert so much day to day control over the full community?? Fuckin charlatans the lot of them
think Phil covers it all here!!

Members online

Latest posts

Back