'I was at the Hampden riot in 1980 as a serving Strathclyde Police Constable,' David Redfern

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
'I was at the Hampden riot in 1980 as a serving Strathclyde Police Constable,' David Redfern

and also a ball boy's view from that day...

'I was at the Hampden riot in 1980 as a Scottish Cup Final ball boy,' Paul Devlin

The Cops should have been better prepared. He quotes the Ibrox disaster. That's why the Cops should have been better prepared, because of the Ibrox Disaster.
They have always known this is a high risk fixture.
A hot summer day, a 3pm ko and an insane amount of alcohol.
The political situation in the six counties added fuel to the fire. The H Blocks, The Blanket men, the dirty protest and the first hunger strike.
The Cops must have known this had the potential to go badly wrong. They could and should have planned for an event such as this.
They failed badly.

The Cops should have been better prepared. He quotes the Ibrox disaster. That's why the Cops should have been better prepared, because of the Ibrox Disaster.
They have always known this is a high risk fixture.
A hot summer day, a 3pm ko and an insane amount of alcohol.
The political situation in the six counties added fuel to the fire. The H Blocks, The Blanket men, the dirty protest and the first hunger strike.
The Cops must have known this had the potential to go badly wrong. They could and should have planned for an event such as this.
They failed badly.
haha class ! FUCK E POLIS LYING BASTARDS

and also a ball boy's view from that day...

'I was at the Hampden riot in 1980 as a Scottish Cup Final ball boy,' Paul Devlin

I was there with my dad. When we got to the bottom of the stairs going out we looked left and all we could see was a wall of them seemingly running towards us at 100 miles an hour. Panic and people being trampled on. Horrible. One of my life experiences i want to forget.

I was there with my dad. When we got to the bottom of the stairs going out we looked left and all we could see was a wall of them seemingly running towards us at 100 miles an hour. Panic and people being trampled on. Horrible. One of my life experiences i want to forget.
wasnt ther maself but remember it well stuck in ma room wi wan o ma pals wtchn it on a black n whyte portable coz ma dads team wer in wtchn ! but its ah moment ul never while that corpse still has a pulse HH

Firstly if you were a polis and thousands of fans came running towards you regardless of the colour of their scarves youd probably shit yourself, I know I would. But...
Theres a few things in Mr Redfern's story that dont add up, firstly the use of the word copper, a very english term, I've never heard a Glasgow polis use the word copper. Cop, polis, officer, constable yes but not copper.
And scrambled egg hats another term that's not used very often in Scotland, unless he has a military background? Criticising the amount of Sergents on the ground is another weird one, your average polis generally doesn't know when to take a piss without a sergeant telling him.
Lastly there was an English polis called David Redfern who got jailed in 2003 for drug dealing, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence....

Firstly if you were a polis and thousands of fans came running towards you regardless of the colour of their scarves youd probably shit yourself, I know I would. But...
Theres a few things in Mr Redfern's story that dont add up, firstly the use of the word copper, a very english term, I've never heard a Glasgow polis use the word copper. Cop, polis, officer, constable yes but not copper.
And scrambled egg hats another term that's not used very often in Scotland, unless he has a military background? Criticising the amount of Sergents on the ground is another weird one, your average polis generally doesn't know when to take a piss without a sergeant telling him.
Lastly there was an English polis called David Redfern who got jailed in 2003 for drug dealing, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence....
I'd like to excuse myself from that.
I refer to the fact i lived in England for 30 years. I rest my case even if it's a different one that Hoopy is on aboot..
PS. Blootered🙈

What his story is basically saying is he shat it it ,hid with the disabald and objects to the weans who tried to stick him

Maybe he would have been better askin why his mob pals took to attacking Celtic fans who were celebrating ,while the other mob were allowed free reign as they did against hibs

Yet again they allowed a celebration into a confrontation , i have no sympathy at all with his story as i heard the boasts of another who rode on that day ,,,hence the albino

Back