if this is true he has definitely pressed the self destruct button for the last time

Loved his enthusiasm and willingness to beat a man, and get stuck if there was a tackle to be made...one for the future unless Ange pitches him at the start, the SPFL and it's neanderthals will kick lumps out of him, but this wee man will give as good as he gets

Well done Owen, what a player when he's the finished article

HH
YNWA

Last edited:
Agree, innocent until proven guilty, but past form comes into it
He's been having some mental health difficulties in the past and unless he seeks the help he needs, he's not going to get better
If he's been advised to stay under the radar and away from social media and hasn't taken that advice, then he only has himself to blame, for anything that comes up
He knows the Huns and their media hate him, so are looking for any opportunity to slam him and the club
Disappointment for me
When we need him, he goes Awol
Bigger picture Leigh, no one is bigger than the jersey, hope he gets the help he needs
I said the same about Neil Lennon and sadly, wasn't to be

Companies can only suspend with pay pending and once that is in place cannot discuss the incident as to what they are doing. Both parties have to have rights protected by not saying anything that could be liable.
Was under the impression that different rules apply when a criminal investigation is taken place boab

What would stop Police ruining careers by accusing folk, investigating and once the guy has been sacked drop the case.
What I meant boab, was I thought the club would want to protect its image by placing griff on a suspension all the while an investigation is taken place.
If no wrong doing has taken place then it leaves griff open to resume his career.
If he should be charged then the calls for him to be sacked will be deafening.
Ange has already stated how discipline is going to be high on his agenda and didn't take griff long to mess that up.
Image of a club is huge nowadays and this latest actions of a waster can be very damaging.
I mean how many of our supporters would feel comfortable with having the name of Griffiths printed on the back of their kids Jersey?

What I meant boab, was I thought the club would want to protect its image by placing griff on a suspension all the while an investigation is taken place.
If no wrong doing has taken place then it leaves griff open to resume his career.
If he should be charged then the calls for him to be sacked will be deafening.
Ange has already stated how discipline is going to be high on his agenda and didn't take griff long to mess that up.
Image of a club is huge nowadays and this latest actions of a waster can be very damaging.
I mean how many of our supporters would feel comfortable with having the name of Griffiths printed on the back of their kids Jersey?
Best left to appropriate people to deal with and regardless of anything the media frenzy will look to ruin a career or look to damage a club, so no point in speculating and I am sure the decison will be made as soon facts are 100% established.

The Guardian, a responsible newspaper, merely states:

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “We have been made aware of social media content. We are making inquiries and assessing for criminality.”

The important thing here, imo, is context. We're talking about another football player and we don't know the context of the alleged picture and how it may have been captioned. It could have been a celebratory pic from an after-game dressing room where the subject could have been in a sports bra and shorts for example. There is still nothing, at this stage, to suggest there was anything sexual in the circumstances of the photo itself or any alleged emoji reaction from Griffiths. Note The Guardian doesn't refer to any specific picture, reaction or 'string of texts'. We have only the utterly-unreliable and blatantly-biased Daily Rancid's lurid speculation as to the nature of the 'content' under police review.

If he is guilty of inappropriate, sexual communication with a child then throw the book at him and void his contract. However, at this time, we know only that some content is under review. The club are right to exclude Griffiths while said investigation is pending and they are also right to hold off on making any decision or public comment until the police investigation is complete and the results have been made clear.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “We have been made aware of social media content. We are making inquiries and assessing for criminality.”

The important thing here, imo, is context. We're talking about another football player and we don't know the context of the alleged picture and how it may have been captioned. It could have been a celebratory pic from an after-game dressing room where the subject could have been in a sports bra and shorts for example. There is still nothing, at this stage, to suggest there was anything sexual in the circumstances of the photo itself or any alleged emoji reaction from Griffiths. Note The Guardian doesn't refer to any specific picture, reaction or 'string of texts'. We have only the utterly-unreliable and blatantly-biased Daily Rancid's lurid speculation as to the nature of the 'content' under police review.

If he is guilty of inappropriate, sexual communication with a child then throw the book at him and void his contract. However, at this time, we know only that some content is under review. The club are right to exclude Griffiths while said investigation is pending and they are also right to hold off on making any decision or public comment until the police investigation is complete and the results have been made clear.
And on this day

I have to say I'm in the innocent until proven guilty category. I've seen it too often in my life where people are guilty before the facts are known.
So I'll wait to see what the facts are.
Well she did say he didn't know her age and she didn't tell him. But what is he all about, did you not see his bird in the paper today in her gym kit. I would be baw deep in that instead of being on Instagram trying to get someone to send me a pic

I get that 26, it's all about context and what if anything warrants charges. Now I've got no idea how long it could take to get the results of such an investigation as at a guess they would have to check so much content that may have been deleted from phones etc.
All the while we are left without another striker.
How long for? Who knows, so what use is he to us as things stand?
I would feel far more comfortable now if we can turn our attention towards getting a replacement in and fuck him, regardless of the outcome of any investigation.
Gave him the benefit of the doubt over this new contract but would rather wash our hands of him now.
When it's got to the stage now, when you can't trust him on or off the pitch then it's a total waste of time with him imo.
We should be looking forward without him and if Ange can't back up his own words then he has hardly put himself in a good light with many of us.
Weather we have to pay him off is irrelevant now, but hanging around waiting on the outcome of an investigation would be ridiculous at this stage.
We need to start planning without him, and at this stage it wouldn't be that much of a loss either

I get that 26, it's all about context and what if anything warrants charges. Now I've got no idea how long it could take to get the results of such an investigation as at a guess they would have to check so much content that may have been deleted from phones etc.
All the while we are left without another striker.
How long for? Who knows, so what use is he to us as things stand?
I would feel far more comfortable now if we can turn our attention towards getting a replacement in and fuck him, regardless of the outcome of any investigation.
Gave him the benefit of the doubt over this new contract but would rather wash our hands of him now.
When it's got to the stage now, when you can't trust him on or off the pitch then it's a total waste of time with him imo.
We should be looking forward without him and if Ange can't back up his own words then he has hardly put himself in a good light with many of us.
Weather we have to pay him off is irrelevant now, but hanging around waiting on the outcome of an investigation would be ridiculous at this stage.
We need to start planning without him, and at this stage it wouldn't be that much of a loss either
I don't think an investigation of this nature should take much time and you'd think if there was much in it he would have already been spoken to by police. No reason for something like this to be a drawn out affair without but malevolence in officialdom is something we're used to. I would imagine and hope the club will have a very short window of opportunity for the investigation. No reason the cops couldn't have this wrapped up by close of business tomorrow.

Griff abides by that rule - don't date anyone unless they're half your age plus 10. e.g age 40? Date age 20+10= 30. Unfortunately for Griff, he interprets that as mental age; ergo here we are.

However, the simple measure of his guilt is a pregnancy test; any contact from Griff at this time of year - Leith mating season - results in progeny. Science will absolve him, or not...

Meanwhile, a couple of pages back, people were trying to remember the prominent Hun captain who was involved in some less than salubrious activities in the 90s, covered-up by the compliant SMSM. A bit of innuendo was thrown around as some struggled to recall the exact deviant.

I can fill those gaps, good sirs - it was Gough. Richard Gough. Richard 'Mikey Jackson' Gough to his close friends and cottaging pervert acquantances, who'd hang around the parks around posh schools and use his fame to attract the attention of starstruck schoolboys before being warned off by El CID, who had known of his twink-lusting proclivities for some time.

Allegedly.

So, that was Gough, in case you forgot. 'Uncle Richard' of Irvine Welsh's superb novel Maribou Stork Nightmares, whereupon a young Hibee recalls the terror of the dark cellar at his South African Uncle Richard's home...

Yeah, I'm sure - Gough. Richard Gough. Camptown Races Richard Gough. The Rangers (since deceased) fruadulent 9-in-a-row captain. Defo him. Gough. Yup.

Allegedly.

It wont be a popular opinion but if he hasnt broken the law in any way then its his personal life.
Fame matched with money = dodgy lads.
For anyone thats still a bit wet behind the ears. Footballers are notorious. 99% of it doesnt see the light of day.

Working in bars and restaurants in Glasgow Ive known more than a few girls that have been chatted up, have dated or been part of cocain fuled events in hotels or party pads.

Some of the names, them and us. Married or in relationships.

Its a big dark part of footballer culture

Last edited:
Back