If we qualify for CL

This thread verges on complacency. I appreciate the caveat but this is the road to hubris. If we qualify we should fear no one. We should be feared. We should make Europe know that Celtic park is a venue where the fans make the team play like 12 men. I dream the dream also and say give us 3 teams we have never played before. Let them learn to be apprehensive about our potential for greatness. This could be the season where we make history.
I'd love to get back to that. BR's football left us too open. We can play direct football and harness the crowd. That 12th man who was never injured or suspended. Oh and didn't need disco lights to give the opposition selfie opportunities! Bin that please.

This thread verges on complacency. I appreciate the caveat but this is the road to hubris. If we qualify we should fear no one. We should be feared. We should make Europe know that Celtic park is a venue where the fans make the team play like 12 men. I dream the dream also and say give us 3 teams we have never played before. Let them learn to be apprehensive about our potential for greatness. This could be the season where we make history.
Ach I know what you mean but we can dream ?

Cluj are a step up on the estonians,but on a par with Sarajevo, Lenny's on the case,had them watched in both games against tel aviv,so we'll be well prepared!
You know I respect your opinion greatly MD, but Cluj are surely better than Sarajevo (who were far better than Kalju). I would hope your right but you don't go to Maccabi Tel aviv and get a 2-2 if you are Sarajevo. This is a good outfit. Seasoned.

You know I respect your opinion greatly MD, but Cluj are surely better than Sarajevo (who were far better than Kalju). I would hope your right but you don't go to Maccabi Tel aviv and get a 2-2 if you are Sarajevo. This is a good outfit. Seasoned.
cluj co-efficient-2'5
sarajevo-6.25
from eufa club rankings
i stand to be corrected

Maybe a bit premature as we've no qualified yet ?but who would you like to see coming to Parkhead?Feels like we always get the same teams in our group when we qualify!Would like to see Madrid or Liverpool comin to Parkhead this season .
Seriously get a grip,you’ve probably got 10 in a row on your Celtic top already.

I believe Fisiani is right we should fear no one, the whole of European football knows Celtic Park is the BEST atmosphere anywhere on a Eropean night,,we have testimony,s from some of the worlds greatest players,,Messi,Xavi,Ronaldo,Scholes,McGregor,Christie,Broony,,etc..

The only thing the experience needs a return to actually winning games at home, never mind away. Manage that then the praise we get won’t totally centre on the atmosphere. As it has in recent years.

Imagine how many notches the atmosphere will go up if our team improves?

That’s the key. Hopefully we find that key in the form of additional quality being brought in.

Maybe a bit premature as we've no qualified yet ?but who would you like to see coming to Parkhead?Feels like we always get the same teams in our group when we qualify!Would like to see Madrid or Liverpool comin to Parkhead this season .
I'd have to say real Madrid since we've never had them since the cl started, which dissapointed me, always wanted to see us v ronaldo's Madrid.

Members online

Latest posts

Back