"Im f#%king number 1" Griff or Eddy? Who should start?

Lubos left peg

Griff needs to get a run in the team. I would love to see both guys on the park but a piss poor tranfer window means it would be dangerous to play two injury prone strikers at the same time due to lack of cover. I believe Griff would be the best option at the moment in the lone striker role. What does every one else think??

Last edited:
Griff needs to get a run in the team. I would love to see both guys on the park but to a piss poor tranfer window means it would be dangerous to play two injury prone strikers at the same due to lack of cover. I believe Griff would be the best option at the moment in the lone striker role. What does every one else think??
Gotta try something because it ain't working right now, to my mind we blew at least 4 points in the SPL.

Personally don't see French eddy as a C.F..
Think he's more effective playing off someone.Given the debacle that was our summer transfer window l don't think it leaves Brendan much choice. Injury free Griffiths will always get you goals but for me the problem is the midfield. If you look at the previous two campaigns the contribution from the midfield in terms of goals compared to this season is night and day.

Griff needs to get a run in the team. I would love to see both guys on the park but a piss poor tranfer window means it would be dangerous to play two injury prone strikers at the same time due to lack of cover. I believe Griff would be the best option at the moment in the lone striker role. What does every one else think??

Formation needs adjusted whether we play with one or two upfront. Personally its Edouard for me. The real problem lies behind whoever, or how many, we play in the front area.

Griff will always get ye goal, did Ronnie Deila not say he was the best natural goal scorer at the club?. If he can stay fit and get a run in team he will get us goals. He has always scored goals wherever he played. Judging Odsonne on his last couple o games, he has not produced for us.
Could playing both breathe life into the team and give the opposition something else to think aboot? As stated earlierInjury to either would scupper any plan though. I really hope Griff gets a run in team, scores loads and stays fit. He might be a Hibee but he totally gets Celtic and what it means to pull on the Hoops. His line, yer teams deid mate, beat it !, endears him to the support.
A Norwich reject getting in the Scotland team before him has to be blow to him. Goals galore will give the EBT cheating manager something else to think aboot. Griff says he has always been doubted, tis time to shut the doubters up.
Someone mentioned off field behaviour, what's he been up to noo?
Mon the Griff, we want another hundred.
Hail Hail fae PR Dundee

Edddie clearly is a player but I don't think he is either a target man or a centre forward in any traditional sense.
He is more like a Samaras who was very good at running with the ball at pace and cutting in either to score or pass for a easier chance.

This season Eddie (except when the one time he played alongside Dembele which looked a great system) appears to have been played in that traditional role, it is not working and doubt it will. That is what Griff can do.
Hopefully we won't have to wait the months as we did before when Strachan finally accepted that Samaras was not great in a more static central role but was a great attacking forward coming in off the left.
Think Eddie has it in him to come off deep from either side but he is not currently a centre forward or poacher like Griff as he has being played in last few games.

If it is one striker it should be Griff (he needs to up his maturity and fitness) and even better play both with Odsonne free to run defences all over.

After his great assist against Rosenborg I would play Boyata up front to knock down long balls for Griff ! Just joking - but ... we desperately need a plan B when the possession game is running up against a brick wall , as seems to be happening all too frequently .
What I would give for a John Hartson or a Chris Sutton !
In the next transfer window , shouldn't we be thinking along the lines of getting in a big , muscular striker ?
He doesn't have to be an unknown , young and inexperienced who the board are looking to move on later for a larger fee - but someone who has been around a bit and can do a shift for the team when plan A is stymied would suit me . Just as long as we have an alternative strategy .

Gotta try something because it ain't working right now, to my mind we blew at least 4 points in the SPL.
Griff. Any day of the week just now. French Eddie isn't doing it right now which is going to happen to a young player from time to time. Right now, if we won't play 2 up top (I would), then it's the Thumb for me.

Back