In Ange we trust 🇬🇷🇦🇺🇬🇷🇮🇪🇦🇺🇬🇷🇮🇪🍀

Great Post Lubos and well pointed out.
We still have to remember we are still in very early days of the transition and many of us tended to get a bit to over excited and gone over board, myself especially.
Where we were at the end of last season, to where we are now remains still remarkable.
Have to many of us forgotten about our last visit to the pig sty?
Night and day in comparison.
We only lost today because of not taking our chances, that's football.
Yes there was plenty of room for improvement still and no manager knows how a team will react once they've entered the field of play.
Personally never thought eddy would sign off from us in such a manner, now hope never to see him in a hoops Jersey again whether he's sold or not.
Think Ange, would have told a few home truths to a few today on preformance level, but this will become easier for him when the depth of the squad improves, and players stop thinking they remain automatic choices still.
Still deserved something from the game today, but still a fairly fragile squad overall, that will become stronger especially when all the empty jerseys are ran out of the door

I still have faith in Ange. In all honesty he's yet to see the complete team he has with players like corpus and Eddy possibly leaving and new faces coming in. There's also the backroom that I'm sure he'd like to do a bit of weeding on. It's just a pity that some of our Bhoys will be away on International duty. The sooner we rid ourselves of the wage thieves and dead wood the better.

In case anyone missed it.... without question, this is the man to take us forward

100% docco. He is the man to take us to another level. This thread was a bit tongue in cheek mate. We are all behind big ange....today was a wee bit of a disappointment but not a catastrophe. This is going to be a season to remember mate. HH!!!!

Can't help thinking Ange may have to tweak the formation he's opting for especially in Europe and the bigger games.
It's been grand in the spfl against the lesser teams where we have been in total domination, but been found wanting especially against better organised teams as the last 2 games have proved.
Hope now with the international break, it gives him time now to review everything now he's got a much better idea of the capabilities of the players he has to work with now.
More concerned regarding the europa league campaign in that we might get totally overran in games with things as they stand.
We have to start realising that what you might get away with in the lesser games, you can get severely punished in the bigger matches.
Still got full confidence in Ange and will be interesting to see if any potential changes are coming up when we return to action.

My fear is Ange starting to listen to Kennedy. He's still there and he will still have an influence as 1st team coach. I've yet to see an improvement at set pieces, my heart is literally in my mouth every time the ball gets whipped into our box. The only relief is when it's either under/over hit. We still don't have a big defender and will always be vulnerable to crosses that are well delivered, against anyone never mind them.
It's clear Ange's main priority is attack, that's fine but the problem comes when your attackers don't convert the chances. The opposition will always know if they can get into our last 3rd and get a free kick or a corner they are in with a good shout as we still haven't addressed this problem area.
The window shuts tomorrow but not for coaches.

My fear is Ange starting to listen to Kennedy. He's still there and he will still have an influence as 1st team coach. I've yet to see an improvement at set pieces, my heart is literally in my mouth every time the ball gets whipped into our box. The only relief is when it's either under/over hit. We still don't have a big defender and will always be vulnerable to crosses that are well delivered, against anyone never mind them.
It's clear Ange's main priority is attack, that's fine but the problem comes when your attackers don't convert the chances. The opposition will always know if they can get into our last 3rd and get a free kick or a corner they are in with a good shout as we still haven't addressed this problem area.
The window shuts tomorrow but not for coaches.

He said it himself, he has not really properly had time to coach the team as a whole because of the packed schedule..he keeps saying that once the window shuts and he has a settled squad only then can he properly coach the team and bring in speciality coaches

He said it himself, he has not really properly had time to coach the team as a whole because of the packed schedule..he keeps saying that once the window shuts and he has a settled squad only then can he properly coach the team and bring in speciality coaches
Not heard that, but its welcome news. Someone mentioned Stephen McManus is also still there. To me Ange needs to bring in coaches that are already in tune with how he wants the team to play. I'm sure he'll have someone in mind.

Love it lubo 👏👏 teams only 6 weeks old roughly thr momentum is there but we will have some setbacks but it's coming together alot quicker than alit thought possible bug couple of days in the window hope board go all out to back ange with another 3 players but it's along season let's see were we are st tjr end HH YNWA COYBIG🍀🍀🍀
Problem is Cairnsey, we keep buying forwards when what we need are REAL defenders.

In my opinion Rangers played the long ball yesterday when the goalie had a chance to clear up the field so that they could get the ball up the park and immediately into our defence which is a weak link, occasionally bypassing our midfield. Other teams will figure this out as well and will give the chance for a 50/50 game. Kyogo is amazing but if we can't get service up to him we will lose more games that we need to. A couple of decent CB and we can move on to Angeball proper.

Not heard that, but its welcome news. Someone mentioned Stephen McManus is also still there. To me Ange needs to bring in coaches that are already in tune with how he wants the team to play. I'm sure he'll have someone in mind.

Yes mate, he has said it in one of his interviews..."gaps in his backroom staff"...and pre huns game, said he has not had proper training sessions, only recovery sessions.....Gotta remember as well, all his signings have been thrown in at the deep end so to speak....
IMO, we are definitely ahead of where we should be at the moment and our true position of when we can be judged properly is after the January transfer window..I've said this from the get go

Yes mate, he has said it in one of his interviews..."gaps in his backroom staff"...and pre huns game, said he has not had proper training sessions, only recovery sessions.....Gotta remember as well, all his signings have been thrown in at the deep end so to speak....
IMO, we are definitely ahead of where we should be at the moment and our true position of when we can be judged properly is after the January transfer window..I've said this from the get go
yep said after the window closes he will look at the backroom situation

One of the big problems we always face at this time of year, but it is especially tough this time with so many new players and a new manager, is that the games come so quick and fast that there really is so little time to do anything on the training ground to help integrate players into the team or practice tactics. Unfortunately this will continue right up until early January as we will be playing 2 matches a week for pretty much the whole period. But whatever time we have we MUST spend more time practising set pieces (at both ends) than we currently do.

One thing about a lot of the new buys are they are undoubtedly highly skilled but a fair few of them are quite lightweight. This wouldn't be a problem in most countries, but for some reason our referees allow a lot more physical/agricultural approach to the game, so I hope that these newbies can cope getting kicked and manhandled from pillar to post in every match.

A lot of us would like a big rugged no-nonsense centre half but I think we tried that last season and, although he had issues in his personal life, our tactics left him very badly exposed and he became a figure of fun (yet is doing well again back in the EPL). I think we need to offer more protection in the tighter games to our defence rather than leaving them so exposed for most of the match.

One of the big problems we always face at this time of year, but it is especially tough this time with so many new players and a new manager, is that the games come so quick and fast that there really is so little time to do anything on the training ground to help integrate players into the team or practice tactics. Unfortunately this will continue right up until early January as we will be playing 2 matches a week for pretty much the whole period. But whatever time we have we MUST spend more time practising set pieces (at both ends) than we currently do.

One thing about a lot of the new buys are they are undoubtedly highly skilled but a fair few of them are quite lightweight. This wouldn't be a problem in most countries, but for some reason our referees allow a lot more physical/agricultural approach to the game, so I hope that these newbies can cope getting kicked and manhandled from pillar to post in every match.

A lot of us would like a big rugged no-nonsense centre half but I think we tried that last season and, although he had issues in his personal life, our tactics left him very badly exposed and he became a figure of fun (yet is doing well again back in the EPL). I think we need to offer more protection in the tighter games to our defence rather than leaving them so exposed for most of the match.
I said in another thread (jokingly) we should consider signing Barasic as a LB option. With Jura in RB and Barasic at LB we would offer much more protection to our CB's. Especially as our FB's will move inside as inverted FB's
Edit: Might be worth £500,000 punt. Low risk

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back