In the cold light of day

BILLCOWIE1958

Now that the dust has settled after last Sunday's 'SMASH and GRAB' at Hampden I honestly feel that justice was done despite our less than scintilating display

The HUNS SMASHED our players

Goldson SMASHED Édouard in a premeditated assault which ultimately ended up in us GRABBING the only goal of the match KARMA really does exist The fact that it appeared to be marginally offside truly does make it all the sweeter as it tweaks the HUN sense of injustice and messes with their WATP self importance belief

Arfield SMASHED Christie in another premeditated assault which Collum witnessed and flagrantly down graded

Morelos SMASHED Jullien raking his studs down his achilles reverting to his cowardly trait

Forster SMASHED their spirits with one of the finest displays from a Celtic custodian that I can remember culminating in Ryan Jack bubbling like a Big Lassie on his gaffer's shoulder at full time and a support shell shocked and in a total daze wondering just what had happened jibbering like the lunatics that they are and making up every excuse under the sun as to why they deserved to win their 1st major trophy as a Football Club

As long as they put themselves on pedestals and believe their own sentiments and beliefs that "THE RANGERS ARE COMING" and "GOING FOR 55" the sweeter it will be when we keep them shackled and in our wake

As they say "A WEEK IS A LONG TIME IN POLITICS" as Thursday's General Election result proved Of the 3 major UK country wide Political Parties 2 out of 3 of them are seeking a new leader due to dismal results
The same would appear to be the case in football except in the HUNS' case failure is rewarded with a contract extension and no doubt improved terms
How strange that the Club Chairman offers the manager a new contract while himself relinquishing his Chairmanship of the Club Curiouser and curiouser🤔

In their last 3 outings in 3 different competitions they have lost a Cup Final that they were desperate to win thrown away a 2 goal lead and dropped 2 points in the closest Title Race in years and throw away a 1 goal lead in the dying minutes of a game through an OG no less which could have seen them earn the kudos of topping their Europa League group and possibly securing an easier draw in the next round and a much needed cash injection from UEFA for 2 extra Group points acquired

Just like as with the Political Parties the HUNS' manifesto of "THE RANGERS ARE COMING" and "GOING FOR 55" should be taken with a pinch of salt and just like the politicians the lies and smoke and mirrors abound The Rangers MIGHT be coming but in order to be GOING FOR 55 simple aritmetic dictates that first you need to have won 54 otherwise it would be "GOING FOR 1"but then again the HUNS have always been a law unto themselves in whatever guise they appear

I may be wrong here but I think the HUNS are the only Club in the top echelons of the Senior Scottish game NOT to have won the the top league despite participating in it for the 4th successive season

Moving on the next round of league fixtures beckons and with us having a game against Hertz next midweek while everyone else goes Christmas shopping we have the opporchancity to increase our lead at the top of the table to 5 points and then to AT LEAST 8 points over the HUNS when we gub them at Paradise on December 29th

Happy Christmas Happy New Year Happy Days and the Fonz nowhere in sight 😎

HH🍀

Last edited:
Coolomundo Bill, that's a very fine assessment of the week past and the week or two ahead.

Hope you're well and a Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year to you and yours

HH

Reciprocal wishes and felicitations SP

My health is improving and In the words of Frank Spencer "Every day in every way I'm getting better and better'

HH🍀

Last edited:
Now that the dust has settled after last Sunday's 'SMASH and GRAB' at Hampden I honestly feel that justice was done despite our less than scintilating display

The HUNS SMASHED our players

Goldson SMASHED Édouard in a premeditated assault which ultimately ended up in us GRABBING the only goal of the match KARMA really does exist The fact that it appeared to be marginally offside truly does make it all the sweeter as it tweaks the HUN sense of injustice and messes with their WATP self importance belief

Arfield SMASHED Christie in another premeditated assault which Collum witnessed and flagrantly down graded

Morelos SMASHED Jullien raking his studs down his achilles reverting to his cowardly trait

Forster SMASHED their spirits with one of the finest displays from a Celtic custodian that I can remember culminating in Ryan Jack bubbling like a Big Lassie on his gaffer's shoulder at full time and a support shell shocked and in a total daze wondering just what had happened jibbering like the lunatics that they are and making up every excuse under the sun as to why they deserved to win their 1st major trophy as a Football Club

As long as they put themselves on pedestals and believe their own sentiments and beliefs that "THE RANGERS ARE COMING" and "GOING FOR 55" the sweeter it will be when we keep them shackled and in our wake

As they say "A WEEK IS A LONG TIME IN POLITICS" as Thursday's General Election result proved Of the 3 major UK country wide Political Parties 2 out of 3 of them are seeking a new leader due to dismal results
The same would appear to be the case in football except in the HUNS' case failure is rewarded with a contract extension and no doubt improved terms
How strange that the Club Chairman offers the manager a new contract while himself relinquishing his Chairmanship of the Club Curiouser and curiouser🤔

In their last 3 outings in 3 different competitions they have lost a Cup Final that they were desperate to win thrown away a 2 goal lead and dropped 2 points in the closest Title Race in years and throw away a 1 goal lead in the dying minutes of a game through an OG no less which could have seen them earn the kudos of topping their Europa League group and possibly securing an easier draw in the next round and a much needed cash injection from UEFA for 2 extra Group points acquurd

Just like as with the Political Parties the HUNS' manifesto of "THE RANGERS ARE COMING" and "GOING FOR 55" should be taken with a pinch of salt and just like the politicians the lies and smoke and mirrors abound The Rangers MIGHT be coming but in order to be GOING FOR 55 simple aritmetic dictates that first you need to have won 54 otherwise it would be "GOING FOR 1"but then again the HUNS have always been a law unto themselves in whatever guise they appear

I may be wrong here but I think the HUNS are the only Club in the top echelons of the Senior Scottish game NOT to have won the the top league despite participating in it for the 4th successive season

Moving on the next round of league fixtures beckons and with us having a game against Hertz next midweek while everyone else goes Christmas shopping we have the opporchancity to increase our lead at the top of the table to 5 points and then to AT LEAST 8 points over the HUNS when we gub them at Paradise on December 29th

Happy Christmas Happy New Year Happy Days and the Fonz nowhere in sight 😎

HH🍀
Very well put and a good summary of how a week can change everything.chrimbo card.jpg

Back