International Watch

Aye, usually I would be getting ready for the game today, different buzz around international games. Night before I get everything ready, leave kilt, socks, boots in bathroom. Rucksack,, Water, Whisky, rolls, crisps, sweets. 2 full hipflasks

Sleep, 4hrs is usually my max(Insomnia) so buzzing for a game like Ukraine
(Seen what Poland can do back when Wee Strachan was in charge 2-2 at Hampden, wee daftie ran on for a selfie with Lewandowski, ref added a minute Poland equalised with last attack of the game) 😢

Usually get up about 6ish, coffee, cig, shower at 6:30, kilt, socks & boots on, cereal & tablets, another coffee, about 7:30ish take the dog for a walk, get rolls for breakfast, the daughter usually up & ready by time I get back, Mrs doesn't do home games, toilets at Hampdump put her off. So only me & daughter for breakfast.

Sons are up at ours for about 10:30ish crack open the beers & turn up the tunes,till about 12 then Grandweans are up for lunch, which is our sign tae get down tae Balloch few beers, then train to Glasgow, few beers for the train & get in tae the munchies in rucksack, once in Glasgow head for The Clutha pre-match, usually leave there about 6ish & head for Central & train to Mount Florida, Hampden here we come.
🥃🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥃🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥃 😂😂😂

Probably won't watch it, listen too it on the radio, the Daughter & BF are going, so is youngest Son & GF. Eldest & wife are baby sitting their 8mth old neice

Even if we did offer them the game there is still a play off final so they likely couldn’t play that
What’s more likely to happen is well he given a bye and get pumped in the final 🤷‍♂️
Yep, but getting that bye to the next round would be a terrible stain on the footballing history (and wider reputation) of the Scottish nation. 🤥
However, if The Ukraine was to get to the finals in Qatar that would be a powerful symbol of defiance and resilience. I have just about zero interest in the fortunes of the Scotland Football team, but the reputation of the nation is a different matter entirely.

Last edited:
Yep, but getting that bye to the next round would be a terrible stain on the footballing history (and wider reputation) of the Scottish nation. 🤥
However, if The Ukraine was to get to the finals in Qatar that would be a powerful symbol of defiance and resilience. I have just about zero interest in the fortunes of the Scotland Football team, but the reputation of the nation is a different matter entirely.
Sorry, but I really don't understand why it would be a terrible stain on Scotland's reputation, as we have done nothing wrong and the world knows this. Many of us do care about the Scottish team and you'll probably find that they are also the same ones who care most about our country's reputation.

Personally I don't think this football game will receive much more than mere mention in history when people are speaking about the time Russia invaded another country and bombed the shit out of its civilians, and caused millions of refugees. Historians will be more interested in what lead to it, what happened during it and the casualties & consequences of the war.

Last edited:
Reo Hatate on the bench for Japan against Australia in WC qualifier starting in approx 30 minutes.

Nathaniel Atkinson, Hearts fullback left out of squad entirely, Aussie manager is a twat.

Sorry, but I really don't understand why it would be a terrible stain on Scotland's reputation, as we have done nothing wrong and the world knows this. Many of us do care about the Scottish team and you'll probably find that they are also the same ones who care most about our country's reputation.

Personally I don't think this football game will receive much more than mere mention in history when people are speaking about the time Russia invaded another country and bombed the shit out of its civilians, and caused millions of refugees. Historians will be more interested in what lead to it, what happened during it and the casualties & consequences of the war.
All eyes are on Ukraine for the moment, but news cycles have a habit of changing direction. It just feels wrong that Scotland might be the team to eliminate that country from a tournament that could keep all eyes on that nation for a longer period and offer the people of that nation a moment of joy in times of deadly trouble.
When this war is over and books are written and films are produced, I would like to see Scotland painted in a good light.
You are welcome to hold a different opinion, but I would like to see Scotland make a lovely gesture that will live long in the memory of every football fan around the globe. It would be so much better than facing a depleted team of Ukrainians who might take to the field with bigger issues to consider.
Perhaps 'stain' is too strong a term, but I would not like to see your nation's good image tarnished.

Last edited:
All eyes are on Ukraine for the moment, but news cycles have a habit of changing direction. It just feels wrong that Scotland might be the team to eliminate that country from a tournament that could keep all eyes on that nation for a longer period and offer the people of that nation a moment of joy in times of deadly trouble.
When this war is over and books are written and films are produced, I would like to see Scotland painted in a good light.
You are welcome to hold a different opinion, but I would like to see Scotland make a lovely gesture that will live long in the memory of every football fan around the globe. It would be so much better than facing a depleted team of Ukrainians who might take to the field with bigger issues to consider.
Perhaps 'stain' is too strong a term, but I would not like to see your nation's good image tarnished.
But then you would need Wales and Austria to step aside as well, otherwise it was completely pointless. Then what happens at the World Cup itself - do teams compete against them or they let them win? When does it stop and become acceptable for an opponent try to beat them?

You have players like Craig Gordon who has been a wonderful servant to his country for 20+ years who has his last chance of competing in the sports premier global showpiece tournament who is denied without getting a chance. I know lots of fans who have spent £10Ks on following the national team for over two decades who are desperate to see them play in a world cup and they would be denied the possibility of doing this - they are just as passionate about supporting Scotland as Celtic fans who follow our club around Europe.

I understand you have a different viewpoint and respect it, but I do not think this gesture would be so widely appreciated by others. Also, I don't think our reputation will be tarnished because we have been placed in this predicament. I think most people have much bigger concerns and worries about this whole situation than Scotland having to fulfil a football fixture. HH.

Don't talk to me about 'realistic' in the era of the continuation myth when I live in a place where there's a team that gets to compete as a 'nation' which doesn't exist. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
For a Scotsman when I was working as a union organiser I spent a lot of my time and energies on Australian Aid to Ireland.
Organising and supporting functions to raise money for AAI through my union contacts. The union movement in Oz is very pro republic of Ireland.
Ps I look on Celtic as a the one big family wherever you are from that needs to support each other, till we are one again.

For a Scotsman when I was working as a union organiser I spent a lot of my time and energies on Australian Aid to Ireland.
Organising and supporting functions to raise money for AAI through my union contacts. The union movement in Oz is very pro republic of Ireland.
Ps I look on Celtic as a the one big family wherever you are from that needs to support each other, till we are one again.
Just to explain further on above, when Australia was colonised (stolen from the blacks as the english do)
The government/troopers/police were generally English protestants.
The prisoners were generally Welsh, Scots but mostly Irish Catholics.
After a couple of hundred years, the conservative governments are generally still protestants, Pentecost's ect & if their is a few Catholics they are the most right wing without a social conscience.
The descendants of the prisoners started the union movement, then the Australian Labor party & the Greens party.

The reason I say this is I cannot see things getting better in the Ukraine come June. In truth I can see it getting worse. The Russians have been sending in soldiers who werent combat ready and mercenaries as cannon fodder with their oldest tanks , equipment etc .
The Ukrainians may have slowed down the russian advance on Kiev but if anyone thinks that Russia doesnt have seasoned soldiers and more advanced tech at their disposal I'd have to disagree

The reason I say this is I cannot see things getting better in the Ukraine come June. In truth I can see it getting worse. The Russians have been sending in soldiers who werent combat ready and mercenaries as cannon fodder with their oldest tanks , equipment etc .
The Ukrainians may have slowed down the russian advance on Kiev but if anyone thinks that Russia doesnt have seasoned soldiers and more advanced tech at their disposal I'd have to disagree
ah doubt it going by different reports it wasn't just the oligarchs who were filling their pockets seems it went right down to the line to folk at the bottom ,folk selling off engines out of tanks buying cheaper tyres and stealing the electrical equipment and flogging it off, some of there new flash missiles had components from the 80s inside along with chips dated 2014 seems that's why 60% of them don't even explode and there new tanks use idlers and systems from the 70s cos thats all the spares they have

think about all the ones with yachts and football clubs with billions in assets then work your way down to the guys at the end of the line who would have fleeced thousands

ah doubt it going by different reports it wasn't just the oligarchs who were filling their pockets seems it went right down to the line to folk at the bottom ,folk selling off engines out of tanks buying cheaper tyres and stealing the electrical equipment and flogging it off, some of there new flash missiles had components from the 80s inside along with chips dated 2014 seems that's why 60% of them don't even explode and there new tanks use idlers and systems from the 70s cos thats all the spares they have

think about all the ones with yachts and football clubs with billions in assets then work your way down to the guys at the end of the line who would have fleeced thousands
You doubt that Russia has up to date military tech Kelly? I'm surprised at that , considering theyve used only a couple of ballistic missiles they dont even need to enter Kiev to destroy it

Back