Irreparable Disconnect?

Frank Owen

I'm actually hoping this post turns out to be the most pathetically mistimed, off-target, and ill-informed load of guano I've ever subjected you good folk to. I'm a common five eight bloke with sixty five years of slavish, pretty much unquestioning blind loyalty to our club.

I was amongst the upstarts that waited to give the Kelly's and Co a fair bit of verbal due, as much as anything else, to my own lack of life experience, or perhaps even that lack of patience or foresight that can be part of youthful enthusiasm.

My feelings at this present time, however, are of a very real and tangible anger. I should, of course, know better. No longer am I that youthful adolescent who stood at the door to Paradise to vent my frustration.

I'm a man with three quarters of a century of life's experiences in the bank. And yet here I am, four in the morning, brooding about something I've absolutely no control over. Truly, I'm asking myself why ? Do I really need this? Do the people who make the decisions which affect my mood to this extent really give a toss ?
Are they, in fact, no Better than the self-seeking cretins we protested about all those decades ago ?

As most of you know, I'm off on holiday in search of a bit of escapism from our drab, grey Scottish winter.

Perhaps a period of reflection on whether I want to contribute my limited disposable income to what has become a constant source of irritation will occupy my thoughts.

I think most of you know I'm not a religious man....and yet here I am, hoping for a miracle.

Last edited:
We knew that last summer's Transfer Window was a big one. And they failed. The result? Humiliation in Madrid, and several poor losses during the first half of the season. Yes, we were unlucky with injuries to key players, bizarre refereeing, bad decision-making/team selection, etc.

The full-time recruitment team had 4 months of planning to make amends in January which had become extremely important yet they appear to have done the square root of feck all preparation. Even if we do now bring in some superstars then it is still too late IMO.

We knew we would be short of attackers due to the Asian Cup but took 3 weeks bickering before finally paying about the same amount originally mentioned on the 2nd January to bring in a lone German winger who is not exactly considered a top player. We knew we were down to a single off-form striker who is carrying a recurring injury that can go at any time. But we did nothing to address this. And just about dropped points at home against 2nd bottom Ross County. Ah but, they fielded more than half a side of new signings - who could have thought that bringing in fresh faces eager to impress would give your club a boost?

Do I know for sure that Father & Son are mainly responsible for these failings? No, but all evidence points to that smug arrogant condescending prick running his dictatorship again. Yes, we have enjoyed a period of unparalleled success - but how much of that was despite the shackles PL placed on operations rather than because of his brilliance? We will never know. But he treats the fans concerns with such contempt that he should have gone a long time ago - the 5WA debacle and inaction should have seen him run out of the club forever.

All trust and respect has been irreparably broken and can never be recovered. He is a parasite who has taken well over £20m out of our club who only seems to care about winning wee battles to stoke his ego and bank ballance irrespective as to how much damage it does to the club. Now he appears to be trying to return to a family dynasty despite the family members not appearing to be fit for purpose. He did a lot of good from a business perspective in his early days but PL has long overstayed his welcome and brings zero positivity to the club. And Dermot Bastardly can feck off too as he is negligent in overseeing it all.

Peter Lawwell hasn't really done fuck all for the club.
If you take inflation into account, he hasn't really increased the clubs turnover.
Before the scum went to the wall, his interference in transfers etc gave rangers 3 titles in a row.
He's done nothing to improve the governance of Scottish football. Still no financial fair play, nothing done about the standard of refs, nothing to improve the development of youth football.
In fact, I would be interested to hear what people think he has achieved in his role

If you take inflation into account, he hasn't really increased the clubs turnover.
Before the scum went to the wall, his interference in transfers etc gave rangers 3 titles in a row.
He's done nothing to improve the governance of Scottish football. Still no financial fair play, nothing done about the standard of refs, nothing to improve the development of youth football.
In fact, I would be interested to hear what people think he has achieved in his role
I think everybody knows my opinion of him. And it will not change. All I will say is, that his return as Chairman, and the way we are again doing football business, absolutely confirms my view on him and his football meddling as CEO.

Last edited:
I'm actually hoping this post turns out to be the most pathetically mistimed, off-target, and ill-informed load of guano I've ever subjected you good folk to. I'm a common five eight bloke with sixty five years of slavish, pretty much unquestioning blind loyalty to our club.

I was amongst the upstarts that waited to give the Kelly's and Co a fair bit of verbal due, as much as anything else, to my own lack of life experience, or perhaps even that lack of patience or foresight that can be part of youthful enthusiasm.

My feelings at this present time, however, are of a very real and tangible anger. I should, of course, know better. No longer am I that youthful adolescent who stood at the door to Paradise to vent my frustration.

I'm a man with three quarters of a century of life's experiences in the bank. And yet here I am, four in the morning, brooding about something I've absolutely no control over. Truly, I'm asking myself why ? Do I really need this? Do the people who make the decisions which affect my mood to this extent really give a toss ?
Are they, in fact, no Better than the self-seeking cretins we protested about all those decades ago ?

As most of you know, I'm off on holiday in search of a bit of escapism from our drab, grey Scottish winter.

Perhaps a period of reflection on whether I want to contribute my limited disposable income to what has become a constant source of irritation will occupy my thoughts.

I think most of you know I'm not a religious man....and yet here I am, hoping for a miracle.
like you frank i can remember protestin outside the main stand after a 4-4 draw with third lanark when 4 nil up ended up with a draw as i am of the same era of yourself you will concur that it was one of many such incidents around that time so i am not surprised that over the decades, this has been a recurrent theme from our board.

like you frank i can remember protestin outside the main stand after a 4-4 draw with third lanark when 4 nil up ended up with a draw as i am of the same era of yourself you will concur that it was one of many such incidents around that time so i am not surprised that over the decades, this has been a recurrent theme from our board.
Third Lanark were a decent side at the time watched many a close game at Cathkin Park.

Yip, my memory of that day is actually quite vivid. Can't be sure I felt the same anger as I do now though.

The season started to show signs of unravelling in the loss to Kilmarnock in the cup the 2 wins over the huns have papered over the cracks that are beginning to get wider. We have a board that are so full of arrogance they can't see or refuse to see what all the fans can see is happening, I don't know why they brought Rodgers back if they weren't going to back him did they see Beale and Rangers as no threat as they were constantly in turmoil well that's not looking so great now because this is a title race and their dismissal of a threat from Ibrox could be about to backfire as we look the team most likely to drop points in the remaining fixtures. They may have left it too late in this transfer window to fix this.

The nepotism at Celtic is holding us back. Obviously Lawwell Jr has been employed in a role he was underqualified for and with no relevant experience.

But Gordon Strachan's son Gavin appeared from nowhere and doesn't appear to do much apart from sit on the bench playing with his etch-a-sketch.

But how about this for his brother Craig Strachan's CV that I saw shared on twitter? Speak about crazy appointments. No wonder our scouting and recruitment is in such a bad way! How about appointing people based on their suitability for the position rather than who impregnated their mother?

20240131_182026.jpg

We knew that last summer's Transfer Window was a big one. And they failed. The result? Humiliation in Madrid, and several poor losses during the first half of the season. Yes, we were unlucky with injuries to key players, bizarre refereeing, bad decision-making/team selection, etc.

The full-time recruitment team had 4 months of planning to make amends in January which had become extremely important yet they appear to have done the square root of feck all preparation. Even if we do now bring in some superstars then it is still too late IMO.

We knew we would be short of attackers due to the Asian Cup but took 3 weeks bickering before finally paying about the same amount originally mentioned on the 2nd January to bring in a lone German winger who is not exactly considered a top player. We knew we were down to a single off-form striker who is carrying a recurring injury that can go at any time. But we did nothing to address this. And just about dropped points at home against 2nd bottom Ross County. Ah but, they fielded more than half a side of new signings - who could have thought that bringing in fresh faces eager to impress would give your club a boost?

Do I know for sure that Father & Son are mainly responsible for these failings? No, but all evidence points to that smug arrogant condescending prick running his dictatorship again. Yes, we have enjoyed a period of unparalleled success - but how much of that was despite the shackles PL placed on operations rather than because of his brilliance? We will never know. But he treats the fans concerns with such contempt that he should have gone a long time ago - the 5WA debacle and inaction should have seen him run out of the club forever.

All trust and respect has been irreparably broken and can never be recovered. He is a parasite who has taken well over £20m out of our club who only seems to care about winning wee battles to stoke his ego and bank ballance irrespective as to how much damage it does to the club. Now he appears to be trying to return to a family dynasty despite the family members not appearing to be fit for purpose. He did a lot of good from a business perspective in his early days but PL has long overstayed his welcome and brings zero positivity to the club. And Dermot Bastardly can feck off too as he is negligent in overseeing it all.
They're ALL in on it m8.. The ENTIRE Tory Bastard Board!!🤬🤬🤬 No imagination shown by bringing Buck back & let's face it u'd take £3M a Yr fur daein Fuk Aw & having ZERO input on signings! Rodgers talks UTTER SHITE at both pre & post game interviews but DEEP down he DISNY give a Fuk either!! 🤬🤬🤬.. No such thing as a CELIK MAN it's aw about the money & other than wee Fergus we've had a SHOWER AE ARSEHOLES at the Helm fur 60 Fukin Yrs!! 🤬🤬🤬.. If the FILTH win the League their £20M deficit becomes £40M in the black & they'll Fukin spend it! If we win the League we'll punt O'Reilly fur £25M & bank that & the £60M CL money giving us a STAGGERING close tae £160M in the bank!! 😮😮😮It's aw Jobs fur the Boys, the Fans are just a means of filling the Coffers! If you can get the Tached 🤡🤡 aff the ⛳⛳ course maybe u'll find an answer!! He'll be at Pebble Beach fae Thu - Sun this wk.. Hope sumwan knocks the Cunt oot wae a club or stray baw!! Yi can borrow ma new Taylor Made driver if u wish.. Worth £500 tae Leather that Cunt!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The nepotism at Celtic is holding us back. Obviously Lawwell Jr has been employed in a role he was underqualified for and with no relevant experience.

But Gordon Strachan's son Gavin appeared from nowhere and doesn't appear to do much apart from sit on the bench playing with his etch-a-sketch.

But how about this for his brother Craig Strachan's CV that I saw shared on twitter? Speak about crazy appointments. No wonder our scouting and recruitment is in such a bad way! How about appointing people based on their suitability for the position rather than who impregnated their mother?

View attachment 24982
Fukin HILARIOUS.. WASTE AE BASTARDIN SPACE!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

He’s totally fucking pissed me off

HH😞

Frank
” Perhaps a period of reflection on whether I want to contribute my limited disposable income to what has become a constant source of irritation will occupy my thoughts“

I’m of similar vintage and I just think that it’s such a shame that we experienced two years of Angeball which provided me anyway with some great moments, and now, even being at the top of the league, we are all full of pessimism
What I don’t get that despite them being Celtic supporters our board seem to work to an unstated agenda, known only to themselves.
Surely if you pay big big bucks to Rodgers you must support him. The fact that they haven’t is either incompetence or is malice aforethought. I don’t buy incompetence.
But what do you do?
Other than my sister Celtic have been the biggest constant in my life. My heart beats faster when I see the hoops.
Im afraid I need to pass it to our gen Z supporters to voice their concerns and hopefully get a change in direction if not directors.
HH

Frank
” Perhaps a period of reflection on whether I want to contribute my limited disposable income to what has become a constant source of irritation will occupy my thoughts“

I’m of similar vintage and I just think that it’s such a shame that we experienced two years of Angeball which provided me anyway with some great moments, and now, even being at the top of the league, we are all full of pessimism
What I don’t get that despite them being Celtic supporters our board seem to work to an unstated agenda, known only to themselves.
Surely if you pay big big bucks to Rodgers you must support him. The fact that they haven’t is either incompetence or is malice aforethought. I don’t buy incompetence.
But what do you do?
Other than my sister Celtic have been the biggest constant in my life. My heart beats faster when I see the hoops.
Im afraid I need to pass it to our gen Z supporters to voice their concerns and hopefully get a change in direction if not directors.
HH
There's probably next to no chance of me not being in my seat next season, Lmcbhoy. I've said many times that probably only failing health, or worse, could stop me from goin' to Paradise to watch Celtic.

Along with my daughter, son-in-law and his father, who happens to be a friend of 60+years standing, we have seats in the main stand. Couple that with the fact that the folk in our immediate vicinity have also sat there for years, and it's a meeting of like-minded friends as much as anything.

I normally take a breather before commenting on something that annoys or irritates me; in this instance, though, I actually felt genuine anger. Perhaps I should just have let our inaction in the transfer window play out before opening my mouth.

I'll be there for sure....still pissed off though.

Last edited:
Haw amigo!!!thought you and your good lady were aff swanning about the canaries??
get the iPad doon and get enjoying🌞☀️don’t worry you won’t miss nuffin,be the exact same as it wiz when you set sail👋👋
Friday morning Esp. Cases packed and ready for the off. You wonderful folk can rest in the sure knowledge that there'll be none of my nonsense on here for a couple of weeks......BUT, then again?

Every other club looks at us, being top & still wining & we all complaining, what do we have to complain about, but they all want the same as us, the best for our club. Now being the biggest with the most money we should have the best players & best manager. In some circumstances we have but we want better as they all do as well. All we are asking is the board do there best & get the players we need to take us to the next level. As far as I can see every supporter of any club wants the same within there own individual budget. As we have the most money we should be buying the best players, now no one is suggesting we do what the Huns have done & go into debt but we don't have to we have a shit load of money to spend.
I remember reading that lawwell said we were the best run club but we are not, cause well run clubs put the money in players. Investment in playing staff makes you more money. It's not even speculate to accumulate, we buy 10 players & hope 1 or 2 make it. Why not buy 2 or 3 players & you would then hope & have more chance of 1 or 2 of them making it. In other words the board must do better or leave.
Sorry if that's a bit rambling. 😬

Members online

Latest posts

Back