Irvine Welsh. Legend

I saw Maribou Stork Nightmares on stage - it was amazing. The poor lass I was going out with at the time didn't have a clue what was going on as she hadn't read the book. I think Maribou woulf have been before those players' times as it was based around the 1991 (or 1992?) cup tie between Hibs & Airdrie.

Trainspotting was brilliant on stage too - it was all the really dark bits from the book with only 4 actors and pretty much no props or sets, as stories morphed into each other and sometimes the actor turned round and had become a different character.
Went to see it in the Citizens Theatre many years ago. Great night.

I went and seen that as well, wife’s been trying to get me to go and see plays, I enjoyed that one, all the rest she’s dragged me along to have been shite, usually 4 people 2 chairs, a suitcase and a table 💩
I have been to the Edinburgh festival a few times. One o the maddest shows that was on was, Jesus- The Guantanamo Years, a man from the Middle East with a beard prepared to lay down his life for his friends, it's an orange jumpsuit for him

Back