Is anyone else struggling due to COVID

HH Torrencetim This Pandemic will be long in the memory but will be a memory.
as will the Pain you and your Family are currently suffering. Of that I am certain
You cannot keep good Bhoys and Ghirls
Down.
2021 will be a better year fir all.
Hope you and yours get back to working and have Great New year.
YNWA.

HH 🙏

I just want to thank you TT for sharing what has happened to you and your family during this pandemic. It helps us all to understand a bit better how hard it is hitting people.

I’m retired now so my income hadn’t changed but for me it’s the loss of contact with my daughter and my four grandchildren. I have learned what an air hug is in the summer there as restrictions were lifted but I was not outside for the best part of 4 months. I learned how to to do FaceTime and use the technology I have.

I must admit TT I’ve not in all my years known anything as bad as this Pandemic. Me and my husband Pat were on the brunt of the late 70’s and 80’ s Thatcherism and the unemployment that brought as a result of the shipyards closing down along with many other heavy industries, Pat had to leave home and go to work in London on the Canary Wharf site as there was nothing here in Scotland. This is when they started the self employed certificate, I think it was 706 or something can’t remember but that meant no holiday pay, no sickness pay no perks of being employed by an employer and made it easier for companies and less overheads for them.
He missed so much of his daughters growing up through those early years and I struggled with all the hurdles of trying to keep things ticking over with some part time work whenever I could get a babysitter. But you know what we survived all that and it made us stronger and we got passed it eventually and he got back home.

My dad who worked in the shipyards most of his life and was a bit of a character he told me that ‘life is like the wee heart machines in the hospital where it goes up an down and when it’s going straight and flat well you might as well be dead and that is life’. I’ve always remembered that when things got a bit ropey.
But it will pass and we will get back to some sense of normal eventually so hang in there TT.
Rose , thank you for your post , love the heart machine analogy , makes total sense , for me I know I am lucky in many ways , ok lost my job and at 54 going to struggle to get a new one , but I will , my son 20 years of age , apprentice quantity surveyor , whole life in front of him , great job he worked hard to get , binned
Company’s taking the piss and advantage of this pandemic , what’s his future ??
fuck starting again 😡
Thanks for all the shares noise , it’s appreciated , means a lot

TT, Sorry to hear things are hard for your family. Some of the responses to your original post are from the heart, I don't know if they lifted your spirits but they certainly lifted mine. It's good to know that if ye need moral support there are many people on Celtic Noise who will gladly offer support. A kind word or wee joke can work wonders.
Celtic can also lift our mood with a good win today, then at the weekend we will be jumping about mental after pummelling the sevvie imposters.
My younger sister got the Vaccine last week (she works for the NHS) and is saying she feels fine with no side effects. There is hope.
Keep at it TT, Covid, like the sevvies, will be gone by the summer.

Mind it's a 3 o clock kick aff today

Back