Is it just me or are Celtic too passive in attack?

sonnybhoy88

Fair dooos , we where reduced to ten men by the son of a catholic hater ,ntcham wis fuquin daft there ,way that challenge ,in front of the son of hugh,they got away with double figures against us.........ended up getting free kicks for fouling our players....but then again we know how they opperate.................i have said this since ronny was boss....and brendan has not rectified it....we do not score anywhere near enough goals from set pieces , when we are being rewarded with corners and free kicks round the box which equates to about 15 a game i think ...... then we should at the very least be scoring at least two of these chances.............bring in a tall powerfull center forward who can hold the ball up for others coming into play...can nock the ball down to on rushing midfield players or can score with his head from corners.....rant over.......Hail Hail

It's very frustrating. We spend too much time passing the ball between Midfield and Defence. Not creating enough decent chances. It's even harder when these sides camp their full 11 behind the baw. We should deffo be doing much better at set pieces, Plenty of height in Ajer, Boyata. Rogic as well.

Yes Kevza..........very fuquin frustrating...........we should defo be doing better from set pieces with the hight and experience............my point........we do not have a big ugly center forward like big john or chris sutton.(and as much of a wank that he was) big mark verruca.......soz viduka..........ah can be forgiven for that slight kintah...............as much as i now detest the ausia croatian prick..the lad new how to operate in a center forward role......Hail Hail

It's very frustrating. We spend too much time passing the ball between Midfield and Defence. Not creating enough decent chances. It's even harder when these sides camp their full 11 behind the baw. We should deffo be doing much better at set pieces, Plenty of height in Ajer, Boyata. Rogic as well.
It's like watchin Morris dancers, to you to me to you to me, with very little point to the whole exercise, or watchin paint dry, dynamic, fluid, interesting, I dont think so, where is the spark, passion, craft or even just plain old simple will to win.

I believe in what Brendans trying to do, but, for me we are too slow in the execution. Too many touches. We need to speed it up.

The goal we scored against Rangers was a breakout and we moved it quickly.

Its not just slow at the back, Rogic takes too many touches for me. against crowded defences. we need to get sharper and to shoot on sight.

Brendan's philosophy is all about belief. Keep playing a certain way and goals will come.

It won't and doesn't against teams who are well drilled and set up with 11 men behind the ball.

It's happening in every league the world over. Teams are frustrating teams like Barca week in week out.

Look back to the WC, we no longer get the 7-0 results. No team seems to fear the big teams, that's not a bad thing but incredibly frustrating to watch.

Brendan's job this season is to prove us wrong and prove he is a great manager. No idea how but I'm not getting paid millions to sort it out.

The greatest problem is complacency and a genuine boredom of the Scottish game in general.

At the moment, he's losing the battle mentally. In all honesty, I can see him leaving at the end of this season for his own good ... paradoxically, ours too.

If Gerrard's arrival has already bored him he'll find it a hard struggle all season.

I’d like to see us play 2 up front (maybe not away in Europe) with Eddie slightly deeper, we can mix our play up a bit then with occasional long diagonal balls to him, he can hold it up well and play in the likes of Christie, CalMac and Rogic running onto the ball instead of players getting the ball with their backs to goal all the bloody time. We need to be playing the ball infront of players which sets a far quicker pace instead of this sideways and backwards pish. On Friday Rogic ran 50 yards with the ball and when on the edge of the box with one defender to beat he about turns and within ten seconds it’s back in our own fecking half ?

We need to be way more aggressive, period. Teams in the SPL will play us with ten men behind the ball 90% of the time, so we need more than moving the ball left and right waiting for space that isn't there anyways.

This is hardly new, last season we had the same problems and it was a very frustrating brand of football to watch. How we ended winning another treble is beyond me. We won't be as lucky this season, so things need to be sorted out.

The league leaders are five points clear and we have to start taking things seriously. We've got the best football players in the country by a mile, let's prove it on the pitch. I trust the manager to fix things, but he has been stubborn enough. His brand of "football control" or whatever is not working. Change it, fix it, identify our roster weaknesses and spend the Dembele cash in January to fix those holes.

The season can be salvaged, European campaign included. But things need to change. I expect the manager to stop being in denial and stop blaming the officials.

It's not even about being more aggressive, it's about moving the ball quickly, none of this side to side, we want attack, attack, attack.

If it takes you longer than 20 seconds to get going there's going to be 10 men behind the ball. The personnel are being hamstring with this slow, plodding, possession football. It's absolutely crap to watch and clearly isn't going to get results this season.

It's not even about being more aggressive, it's about moving the ball quickly, none of this side to side, we want attack, attack, attack.

If it takes you longer than 20 seconds to get going there's going to be 10 men behind the ball. The personnel are being hamstring with this slow, plodding, possession football. It's absolutely crap to watch and clearly isn't going to get results this season.

Exactly, most of our players are waiting to receive the ball behind its current position, we should have players moving ahead of the ball into spaces looking for a forward pass, yeah it may be hard with 10 men behind the ball but for sake we are a team full of internationalists and should have the ability but seem clueless at time on how to break teams down

There is only 2 possible conclusions here... either the players are not capable for some reason OR the players are following BR’s instructions with the possession bullshit which slows the whole tempo of a game and allowing an already compact opposition to become almost unbreachable.

Which is it.?

I fecking hate to say this but the zombie HUNS who scored more goals than us last year with a far poorer quality of striker are already doing the same this season and have scored 10 in 4 games not counting their game v us.

In our opening game v Livi (a newly promoted team) we scored 3, we should have destroyed the hun but scored only 1.... the worrying thing is the other 3 games against hamilton, hearts and another newly promoted team St Mirren we’ve scored a grand total of 1 goal

I think part of the problem is the team is set up to keep the ball this leads to too many sideways and back passing which allows the other teams to get back in formation that is if they have ventured over the halfway line in the first place need to be quicker moving forward

Teams know that they can sit in, give up the wings and force us to try and play through them. We need to get more bodies into the box to capitalise on crosses.

We need to threaten teams from all over the park and it needs to be done at a higher tempo.

This Celtic side could find themselves in a title race (if we’re not already in one) if we don’t start scoring goals.

This Celtic side could find themselves in a title race (if we’re not already in one) if we don’t start scoring goals.

We are in one already and we better not be complacent about the league standings and start with the "ah Hearts will drop points soon anyway" bollocks. They will, yes, but we will drop plenty too if things don't change.

Whenever we are the ones that are five points clear we can start bumping our chests again. Mildly.

We are in one already and we better not be complacent about the league standings and start with the "ah Hearts will drop points soon anyway" bollocks. They will, yes, but we will drop plenty too if things don't change.

Whenever we are the ones that are five points clear we can start bumping our chests again. Mildly.
Agreed,we are in a race,not only that were the team with a target on our back,only to be expected when youve won the league 7 years on the bounce,same in any league,really want to see if the likes of morgan,mulumbu and benkovich can freshen things up cos we are way to predictable these days

We all seem to agree that we are in a proper title race. We have a transfer budget and need to spend it in January. We have 33 players available in the squad and we will need to get goals from somewhere. Griff is the only prolific scorer we have.

We have 23 games till January and we need to get about 50-60 goals to keep us going in all tournaments. Who will get us these goals? It's a worry

We don’t need a NEW football philosophy..We just need to get back playing the Celtic way!! That St Mirren game was a shocker!! Gimme the title performance in 85 against St Mirren anyday!!! Aitken (Brown) driving midfield..Mcgrain (Tierney) overlapping..Mcstay Ntcham) threading passes..Mcclair (Griffiths) banging them in!!! We’ve got the personnel to do it...Why don’t we???

We are missing a player that has the balls and ability to beat a couple of players. It’s always the easy option of a sideways or backward pass as if to say, you try it.

Our window was a disaster, so we go with what we have and by that I mean giving Morgan and Arzani a chance. Too many players thinking they are safe, competition will lift performances, but if those coming in just do the same teams will know crowding the defence frightens us.

It’s kike watching paint drying, we also are without Moussa now so lumping a ball in for him to muscle his way onto it us gone.

Wee Paddy is a huge miss, Forrest is always too inconsistent and needs someone breathing down his neck to start producing. Every team will try to play as St Mirren did knowing we so far haven’t had an answer. We don’t move at speed often enough and opposition could crawl back before we try to get into a scoring position.

BRENDAN needs to come up with something and by something I mean Morgan or Arzani. We can look at the Jan window but who really believes we will spend money on the quality we need. We’ve gone from Moussa to Christie. If that’s not downsizing, then I don’t know what is. Players need to be braver on the ball and stop shiting it to take a player on.

We need to be way more aggressive, period. Teams in the SPL will play us with ten men behind the ball 90% of the time, so we need more than moving the ball left and right waiting for space that isn't there anyways.

This is hardly new, last season we had the same problems and it was a very frustrating brand of football to watch. How we ended winning another treble is beyond me. We won't be as lucky this season, so things need to be sorted out.

The league leaders are five points clear and we have to start taking things seriously. We've got the best football players in the country by a mile, let's prove it on the pitch. I trust the manager to fix things, but he has been stubborn enough. His brand of "football control" or whatever is not working. Change it, fix it, identify our roster weaknesses and spend the Dembele cash in January to fix those holes.

The season can be salvaged, European campaign included. But things need to change. I expect the manager to stop being in denial and stop blaming the officials.

He didnt blame the officials he was asked a question which he answered

I think Morgan (when fully fit) and Johnstone both deserve a shot. They both seem like players that can get the crowd excited and ghost past players. Not to mention direct which from what I saw on Friday is exactly what we are missing!

I want to see more urgency and more people being brave on the ball taking it to the other team!

Rodgers is no idiot but is sometimes too loyal with the players. Forrest HAS become inconsistent, why not drop him like he has done Sinclair and give someone else a shot!?

The officials will always try and screw us, that’s just the way it has always been. We need to ensure that they can’t affect results by creating and taking chances. This has been a problem recently. A loss of creative strong running players has brought us down a notch. Not replacing them is the Celtic curse since I enjoyed playing with action men.

We have to do what every manager has had to do and that’s just get on with it. I hope Brendan isn’t too loyal to players. You should be playing only because you are producing.

Some of our players aren’t and they need a kick up the arse by being dropped, that focuses the mind. Rosenborg will employ the same tactics of containment and watching the pitch being run threadbare with sideways passing.

It’s about 3 points and if we can’t manage that on Thursday we will be handed our arse out of the EL.

January will require replacing Boyata and anticipating Ntcham will want away in the summer. If we can hire Indiana Jones to help find the tin we need to spend or CL qualification next year will be another clusterfuck as it was this year.

I will hope, but experience suggests my breath won’t be getting held.

Back