Is Signing Forster Necessary?

Great site and concept, but in this case I'm satisfied what the data says in summary without even looking at it, that Celtic get comparatively very few attacks against us in the league season, as that is a constant for seasons now, so not enough stats to conclude much by as there will be too many variables in the goals in such a few numbers analyzed.

Kevin Bridges very clever parcel bomb joke aside.
Forster is a grade up on both, if in form he would have held the 3-3 goal for example, that was poor goalkeeping by bain and he was not good in either match.
Forster the man is a giant, no stats scare like a actual giant can, he also to my memory holds the Celtic record for consecutive clean sheets?

Bain is not big enough to be a top class modern goalkeeper, good but not good enough for number 1.

Then again Forster by accounts has had a tough time with life recently, so hopefully his arrival turns him around and he performs as he did for us before, a rock even against teams like Barcelona on fire.

Signing Big Frazer or an experienced goalkeeping alternative is absolutely necessary imo. If Craig Gordon got injured tonight or in training we would be facing a Hearts and possibly Sevco game with Conor Hazard in goals. Conor has chosen to represent the wrong team in Ireland so he's not a player I could support.

Here are some fans of that team videoed 'celebrating' after one of their games last March.
Conor Hazard chose to represent these fans in a full senior match last June.

Last edited:
Great site and concept, but in this case I'm satisfied what the data says in summary without even looking at it, that Celtic get comparatively very few attacks against us in the league season, as that is a constant for seasons now, so not enough stats to conclude much by as there will be too many variables in the goals in such a few numbers analyzed.

Kevin Bridges very clever parcel bomb joke aside.
Forster is a grade up on both, if in form he would have held the 3-3 goal for example, that was poor goalkeeping by bain and he was not good in either match.
Forster the man is a giant, no stats scare like a actual giant can, he also to my memory holds the Celtic record for consecutive clean sheets?

Bain is not big enough to be a top class modern goalkeeper, good but not good enough for number 1.

Then again Forster by accounts has had a tough time with life recently, so hopefully his arrival turns him around and he performs as he did for us before, a rock even against teams like Barcelona on fire.
Hope he is still a good keeper

Signing Big Frazer or an experienced goalkeeping alternative is absolutely necessary imo. If Craig Gordon got injured tonight or in training we would be facing a Hearts and possibly Sevco game with Conor Hazard in goals. Conor has chosen to represent the wrong team in Ireland so he's not a player I could support.

Here are some fans of that team videoed 'celebrating' after one of their games last March.
Conor Hazard chose to represent these fans in a full senior match last June.

Just curious, did you support Neil Lennon, paddy McCourt, Niall McGinn?

Just curious, did you support Neil Lennon, paddy McCourt, Niall McGinn?

I did not. I have no time for any Irishman who represents the cheerleaders of sectarian murder gangs and stands for the English national anthem before so called 'internationals'. If you aren't good enough to play for Ireland don't sell out.
You can add Martin O Neill OBE to that list too.

Reactions: Jpw
I did not. I have no time for any Irishman who represents the cheerleaders of sectarian murder gangs and stands for the English national anthem before so called 'internationals'. If you aren't good enough to play for Ireland don't sell out.
You can add Martin O Neill OBE to that list too.
What about English players who wore the hoops?

What about English players who wore the hoops?
What about them? Some of the Celtic players born in England played for the right team in Ireland. Mick 'the legend' McCarthy refused to meet that bastard Thatcher before the '88 Scottish cup final. None of the Celtic players born in England played for the wrong team in Ireland as far as I'm aware and our new keeper is a former England international. As you can see from this thread I'm happy to see him back.

What about them? Some of the Celtic players born in England played for the right team in Ireland. Mick 'the legend' McCarthy refused to meet that bastard Thatcher before the '88 Scottish cup final. None of the Celtic players born in England played for the wrong team in Ireland as far as I'm aware and our new keeper is a former England international. As you can see from this thread I'm happy to see him back.
My point being, they stood for the English anthem too. Sutton Sinclair Thompson Forster etc. What's the difference in supporting them for wearing the hoops and Conor hazard? I've no time for the planters either, but when a player wears the hoops I support him

My point being, they stood for the English anthem too. Sutton Sinclair Thompson Forster etc. What's the difference in supporting them for wearing the hoops and Conor hazard? I've no time for the planters either, but when a player wears the hoops I support him
Do you have any understanding of Irish history?
English players standing for the English national anthem before England games is normal. It's their anthem. It's not my anthem and any Irishman who legitimises it being played in Ireland is wrong imo.
None of Martin O Neill, Anton Rogan, Neill Lennon, Paddy McCourt, Niall McGinn nor Conor Hazard are 'planters'. They are all from the Nationalist population. Playing for norn irn is on a par with, if not worse than, Mo Johnston signing for Rangers imo.

Some people seem to forget that Craig Gordon had one of the best games at Ibrokes any Celtic keeper had since David Marshall.
As you all know we lost 1-0 but without the big fella it could have been 3-0,,4-0 and his reward from the Leicester Serpent was a seat on the bench for the duration of the serpents reign..
Craig Gordon should have been Knighted instead of benched after that display..
I have no axe to grind with Scott Bain,I think he did well up until the last couple of games he played in where I thought he let himself down a bit..
I also think Craig Gordon is a better goalkeeper than Scott,but I also think Fraser Forster is not coming back to Parkhead to keep a bench seat warm..
Things seem to be heating up now,,,lets keep it that way,, at least until we get the right people in..HH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back