Is Signing Forster Necessary?

I think this is a fantastic problem to have. Gordon has been (mostly) outstanding for us but as has been rightly stated he struggles with the tippy tappy style of play and doesn't dominate his box. Mostly hangs about his goal line and 6 yard box to make amazing reflex saves. Getting towards the end of a good career.

Bain came in last season and was outstanding for us. He was so good some people argued on here he was worthy of being our player of the season evrn if he only came in early January. I think he needed a rest as he went off the boil early on this season, but training day-to-day with - snd competing against - Gordon and Forster will bring him on further.

IMO Forster is the best goalie we've had a Celtic in my time. I don't think he was given any guarantees about playing but knew he had to do something yo kick start his career. He obviously loved his time up here and so feels comfortable about settling here quickly and confident that working with our under-rated goalkeeper coaching staff will get him up to speed very quickly and do he will grab his chance when it comes.

I think Gordon will start for the next 3 games unless there is something negative happens.
Not sure I wouldn't be surprised if FF starts the next 3 games which given his lack of game time is another left field move by lennywho of course knows better than I; still if that's the case have to feel sorry for CG as if he plays his way is a grear keeper

Not sure I wouldn't be surprised if FF starts the next 3 games which given his lack of game time is another left field move by lennywho of course knows better than I; still if that's the case have to feel sorry for CG as if he plays his way is a grear keeper
A shame for Craig but Lenny needs to be ruthless this season so as long as we get what's best for Celtic. CG will start at AIK as FF isn't registered. He is professional enough to deal with this even if he must have been disappointed to not play yesterday.

Forster saved a penalty and blocked a shot
Booked with a yellow card though trying to secure safety under constant pressure when Jullien saved the ball with a struggling yet satisfying effort but Fortser would not risk of being exposed as he took the responsibility on his own and made a tackle.
He did very well like he never left Celtic

A shame for Craig but Lenny needs to be ruthless this season so as long as we get what's best for Celtic. CG will start at AIK as FF isn't registered. He is professional enough to deal with this even if he must have been disappointed to not play yesterday.
Definitely 100% agree we can't have room for sentiment this season above all

Hazard has a 5 year contract so will probably go out on loan again and we don't know know if big FF will stay any longer than the season loan
Southampton insisted on a clause in the loan that they can recall FF in January. If he is a success for us then they may well try to sell him on then (I'd assume they would have already cut a deal with someone else before they did take him back - this is an example of the type of preparation a competent transfer person/committee does, Lawwell!!!). Therefore we need to hang onto Bain and Gordon, with Hazard potentially being recalled in January/at any time if he goes on loan.

As others have alluded to, I felt there was a different feeling with The Great Wall back in goal. More assured and generally confident. He's also just a really intimidating presence between the sticks. And he actually saved a penalty, despite what happened next. I can't remember the last time a Celtic keeper saved a penalty. There's one for the stat freaks. Do I think he's a better keeper than Gordon and Bain? Absolutely yes. Do I think it would be good to start Forster in Stockholm and at Mount Doom? Yes I do. I think he's itching for it. We now have three quality goalkeepers vying for playing time. It's a good problem to have.

Members online

Latest posts

Back