Its not who but where

This is not a rant about who we signed. I hope Mr Bauer is a great left back and gets a league winners medal.
This is about WHERE we got him. Is this where we shop now ? Players that are surplus to requirements at Stoke( the bottom club in England's second tier). May be we should join sevco and hunt around in Britain's bargain basement, cause it seems that's where we're heading.
I'm embarrassed that this where we are. Bank full of cash, shopping on the cheap. Why are we making a profit ? Who are we making a profit for ?
Maybe this is reality of the situation, maybe this is where we should be shopping. Maybe I just can't see the bigger picture and should just accept that this is HOW we, as a club, exist.
I'm a Celtic supporter. Cradle to grave. But, imo, we are trying to make history on the cheap. I don't like it. To me it stinks. Tell me bhoys and ghirls am I right or am I living in a fantasy world ??

Well to answer part of your question ....
Profit is being made for the Shareholders in the same way that shareholders of every company are seeking profits Return on their investment

To our Board supporters are customers in much the same way that shoppers at M&S Sainsbury's or Waitrose are their customers
and if any of the aforementioned institutions don"t satisfy their customers requirements then said customers are perfectly entitled to shop elsewhere

The Celtic Board know this all to well but are banking on our supporters loyalty and are hoping that they can throw us just as much titbits as to keep us onside
As we have seen in last season and so far in this one certainly as far as Champions League is concerned they are playing a rather dangerous short sighted game
If we had not won another TREBLE last season I don't believe after what went on at the Club with our rapid exit from CL and Snake Oil"s defection the Club would have sold so many Season Tickets which in reality are the Club's life support

Celtic supporters look on Celtic as being THEIRS and the Club are perfectly happy for the supporters to have that mindset as long as they are shelling out their cash but that"s not correct
Sure we all want to have an association with the Club but as long as we keep on handing over our cash we won"t have any say in how the Club spends it's money Only once the Board see that we're serious about holding back our financial support will things change

The Celtic Board see the fans as a Cash Cow not investing in the Club but merely as customers from whom they try and extract as much profit for the least amount of outlay Not until the supporters vote with their feet and either shop elsewhere or bite the bullet and stay away restricting the Club's finances will things change for the better

With the exception of the very early noughties did Celtic shell out big money on players and that was only because we were having to play catch up on the HUNS and a new major shareholder had arrived and was desperate for his new toy to be successful

As fans we will have to accept whatever decisions the Board or CEO make because we have no say once they have our money until the following May when season Ticket renewals begin to pop through letterboxes.

Only by not renewing STs will we get the Board's full attention and perhaps see things change

HH?

Well to answer part of your question ....
Profit is being made for the Shareholders in the same way that shareholders of every company are seeking profits Return on their investment

To our Board supporters are customers in much the same way that shoppers at M&S Sainsbury's or Waitrose are their customers
and if any of the aforementioned institutions don"t satisfy their customers requirements then said customers are perfectly entitled to shop elsewhere

The Celtic Board know this all to well but are banking on our supporters loyalty and are hoping that they can throw us just as much titbits as to keep us onside
As we have seen in last season and so far in this one certainly as far as Champions League is concerned they are playing a rather dangerous short sighted game
If we had not won another TREBLE last season I don't believe after what went on at the Club with our rapid exit from CL and Snake Oil"s defection the Club would have sold so many Season Tickets which in reality are the Club's life support

Celtic supporters look on Celtic as being THEIRS and the Club are perfectly happy for the supporters to have that mindset as long as they are shelling out their cash but that"s not correct
Sure we all want to have an association with the Club but as long as we keep on handing over our cash we won"t have any say in how the Club spends it's money Only once the Board see that we're serious about holding back our financial support will things change

The Celtic Board see the fans as a Cash Cow not investing in the Club but merely as customers from whom they try and extract as much profit for the least amount of outlay Not until the supporters vote with their feet and either shop elsewhere or bite the bullet and stay away restricting the Club's finances will things change for the better

With the exception of the very early noughties did Celtic shell out big money on players and that was only because we were having to play catch up on the HUNS and a new major shareholder had arrived and was desperate for his new toy to be successful

As fans we will have to accept whatever decisions the Board or CEO make because we have no say once they have our money until the following May when season Ticket renewals begin to pop through letterboxes.

Only by not renewing STs will we get the Board's full attention and perhaps see things change

HH?

100% spot on. Brilliant post Bill(y)

Last edited:
Wonder what's gonna happen if the Glaziers get in according to some sites. 28m worth of shares. If that is the case in last few months that is 45m shares sold to outside institutions. I am not clever enough to see where this is going. Hopefully for the best. But to be certain imo we will no longer be a family club, just part of a commodity to be bought and sold on the whim of others for the filthy lucre. We should all have been aware of what we wish for. In wanting to play with the big boys. Money, money, money. It's a rich man's world.

Wonder what's gonna happen if the Glaziers get in according to some sites. 28m worth of shares. If that is the case in last few months that is 45m shares sold to outside institutions. I am not clever enough to see where this is going. Hopefully for the best. But to be certain imo we will no longer be a family club, just part of a commodity to be bought and sold on the whim of others for the filthy lucre. We should all have been aware of what we wish for. In wanting to play with the big boys. Money, money, money. It's a rich man's world.
vino rosso and deep breaths Falcov!

Add Carl Muggleton and Stuart Slater to that list as well. Also did we not sign some guy up straight from the army when Lou Macari was manager......not even signed from another club signed from the fucking army ffs! :confused:
These were the days, eh, Andy?? ???
HH

This is not a rant about who we signed. I hope Mr Bauer is a great left back and gets a league winners medal.
This is about WHERE we got him. Is this where we shop now ? Players that are surplus to requirements at Stoke( the bottom club in England's second tier). May be we should join sevco and hunt around in Britain's bargain basement, cause it seems that's where we're heading.
I'm embarrassed that this where we are. Bank full of cash, shopping on the cheap. Why are we making a profit ? Who are we making a profit for ?
Maybe this is reality of the situation, maybe this is where we should be shopping. Maybe I just can't see the bigger picture and should just accept that this is HOW we, as a club, exist.
I'm a Celtic supporter. Cradle to grave. But, imo, we are trying to make history on the cheap. I don't like it. To me it stinks. Tell me bhoys and ghirls am I right or am I living in a fantasy world ??
Lubo came fae nowhere lustig same larsson 400 grand we dont no wits happened behind closed doors might have fell oot way manager u just dont know disnae make him a shit player cause he came fae stoke too many celtic fans think we should be shopping in harrods in dubai need to get a grip ffs

Members online

Latest posts

Back